User Tag List

First 12345 Last

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    I care because it's in my nature to be inquisitive about things no matter how horrible they may be. By yelling "Public castration!" you don't really learn anything about the mentality of the person or the crime that was committed.
    I think the mentality is pretty obvious. Sociopathic, perpetual victim mentality, most likely anger, self esteeme, and control issues. Just look at the nature of the crime. If he was bitter about the relationship ending, he would have gone after the mother. There are other neumerous motivations that would have led to various out comes.

But targeting the child shows his self centered world view. The child was what was holding him back, and he refused to be told what to do. Trust me the guy isnt complicated, he is just a selfish ass.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I care because it's in my nature to be inquisitive about things no matter how horrible they may be. By yelling "Public castration!" you don't really learn anything about the mentality of the person or the crime that was committed.
    Castration doesnt equal death.

We can always question him after hes been de-balled.
    SDMF

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Hexis View Post
    Life in jail means he gets to live a better life than the one he probably had outside. He will go in, have a roof over his head, 3 squares meals a day, better medical attention than most can afford, and a rigorous but healthy exercise routine.
    This is semi OT, but amusing:

I heard about this rural county jail which, in the rule booklet they give you, has this rule, and others like it: "No more than one person to a bed, unless it's consentual."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    This is semi OT, but amusing:

I heard about this rural county jail which, in the rule booklet they give you, has this rule, and others like it: "No more than one person to a bed, unless it's consentual."
    Its a little exaggerated, but still im positive it would probably still be better than what he had.

And uh, wow just wow.
    SDMF

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Hexis View Post
    Castration doesnt equal death.

We can always question him after hes been de-balled.
    Err. I'm aware. My point was that it's such a reactionary response that doesn't give a person time to consider various aspects of the crime. Granted, some people don't find that valuable, but I do.

The "off with his head" (heh! ) response just sort of gets old to me.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Err. I'm aware. My point was that it's such a reactionary response that doesn't give a person time to consider various aspects of the crime. Granted, some people don't find that valuable, but I do.
    But we can still castrate him though right? Im not seeing any problems here, you still get to talk to him. It will just be at a higher pitch is all.

Ohhh
    SDMF

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

His life holds almost no value for society. Why let your personal distaste for a particular reaction get in the way of the most practical course of action?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    His life holds almost no value for society.
    Not surprisingly, it's not a good idea to let society determine the value of life, regardless of what a person has done.

I'm a big fan of defining the value of human life around 10 million or so, though, so I see no reason why he shouldn't be 'slaved' until he has paid off that debt. But the same flip issue comes up - putting a price on life has unfortunately consequences.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Not surprisingly, it's not a good idea to let society determine the value of life, regardless of what a person has done.

I'm a big fan of defining the value of human life around 10 million or so, though, so I see no reason why he shouldn't be 'slaved' until he has paid off that debt. But the same flip issue comes up - putting a price on life has unfortunately consequences.
    Arbitrary numbers to work better? And who gets to decide what the arbitrary number is?

I prefer cost benefit analysis. This particular individual is high risk. Unless he's some sort of miracle healer, he's not worth keeping around.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I wonder if he has any mental issues or where society, his family, etc. failed him. Does he just have absolutely no sense of right and wrong? No empathy?
    He just sounds psychopathic.