User Tag List

First 123412 Last

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

I've learned to never trust what cops paraphrase from proprietary information of official legal statements. He should and will be locked up, but I don't buy that cover story by any means. Cops juice up the story for the reporters, whose only task in life is to make a story as sensational as possible.

MBTI
    Hype

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    If I were the dad, I think attempting to rob a bank to get the money sounds a bit more sane then killing my own son.
    Can't you see..... it's the principle of the matter!

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Funny enough, I disagree. I imagine the concept of paying for his kid took on a life of it's own... a sort of moral outrage against some unfairness. He didn't do it for practical reasons, I'm pretty sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    Can't you see..... it's the principle of the matter!
    I just wonder what the "unfairness" or the "principle" was? I saw a wuote from him saying that "he had his reasons," but I still have a bit of trouble grasping what those might be.

MBTI
    Hype

Maybe he was so "gangsta" and about the dollah bills that he would kill any person that tried to take his money? It isn't that far-fetched sadly enough....

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    Maybe he was so "gangsta" and about the dollah bills that he would kill any person that tried to take his money? It isn't that far-fetched sadly enough....
    Oh. I thought there was some obvious "principle" that I was missing. I could come up with a million theories. But if he owed $4000 worth of back child support, I would imagine that it could be an overwhelming feeling. So, I would probably just rob a bank or engage in some other illegal activity to get the money.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    I just wonder what the "unfairness" or the "principle" was? I saw a wuote from him saying that "he had his reasons," but I still have a bit of trouble grasping what those might be.
    It's a pretty common crusade among men that have "lost" their children that they feel like they are being taken advantage of... the system is out to get them, their mate is out to get them, the world is unfair, etc. Not too hard to direct that against an single object - say the kid - in a "I'll show you" kind of mentality.

Keep in mind he can't be entirely stable in the first place. I'm projecting here, but it seems reasonable. (I can totally see him going "I told that bitch she ain't getting nothin").

MBTI
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Not death sentence? Just curious, usually that's the first reaction to a crime like this.
    I would rather him waste his whole life in jail and than die a miserable man. I think the death penalty is too easy for him, but if they want to shop his head I wouldn't mind either.
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

ThatGirl

Who cares what the guys reasons were...... I vote public castration so he can keep his freedom and never be tied down by child support again.

He should also be put in a sweat shop and every penny earned should be immediatly confiscated and given to the mother to do as she needs to recover, for the remainder of his pitiful life.

Sadly nothing can really be done to help the mother.

This stuff pisses me off.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Who cares what the guys reasons were...... I vote public castration so he can keep his freedom and never be tied down by child support again.
    I care because it's in my nature to be inquisitive about things no matter how horrible they may be. By yelling "Public castration!" you don't really learn anything about the mentality of the person or the crime that was committed.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    If he's capable of killing his own child, he's probably capable of killing again. I don't think that assumption requires much of a leap. That makes him too dangerous to be of any use to society, other than as a raw material.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I don't believe in the death penalty.

Just like Santa.
    But Santa believes in the death penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by The Third Rider View Post
    I would rather him waste his whole life in jail and than die a miserable man. I think the death penalty is too easy for him, but if they want to shop his head I wouldn't mind either.
    Life in jail means he gets to live a better life than the one he probably had outside. He will go in, have a roof over his head, 3 squares meals a day, better medical attention than most can afford, and a rigorous but healthy exercise routine. And all that with my tax dollars, NO I SAY CASTRATION IT IS!

On the up side other inmates would probably beat him to death if they found out what he did, which is inevitable. But if he survives than that great medical attention I was talking about will revive him free of charge and then just put him in solitary confinement so they couldnt try again. Yeah definitely for castration.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post

He should also be put in a sweat shop and every penny earned should be immediatly confiscated and given to the mother to do as she needs to recover, for the remainder of his pitiful life.

Sadly nothing can really be done to help the mother.

This stuff pisses me off.
    What a grand idea!

And I agree with all the above.
    SDMF