User Tag List

First 3111213

MBTI
    INTx

I'd be curious to hear more about the history of the child support case.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Feops View Post
    I'd be curious to hear more about the history of the child support case.
    I'm fairly certain it would be researchable if you were really interested.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    1) My sincere, honest RL opinions are not nearly that extreme or stereotypical. I was obviously being glib, and even spelled it out a few posts later.

2)
    I really, really hate it when people on the intertardz try to throw up John D. Rockefeller as an example of a robber baron with a great heart. Yes, the man became a philanthropist, but only after basically being court-ordered into retirement for extremely ill-gotten corporate monopoly.

John D. Rockefeller only became a philanthropist after he got caught red handed being a piece of shit who was screwing over the public, not to mention breaking laws. Personally, I think it was a mixture of a move to "save face" with the public and Christian fear of going to hell.

Besides, he only donated 500 million of his billions to education, religious institutions, etc. It's not like he took a vow of poverty - or even a vow of middle class - in the name of his philanthropy. And all of his little decendants (except WV Dem Jay) are good little grubby fisted bankers and Republicans.

It shouldn't bother me because the type of people who hold him up high are also the types who show their obvious lack of sound university education by dropping such nuggets of wisdom as:

In addition, Rockefeller had a natural right to the wealth he accumulated, according to William Graham Sumner's theory of Social Darwinism.

In addition, we can compare John D. Rockefeller's philanthropy to the hypothetical philanthropy of the Wal-Mart corporation: would you really want Wal-Mart holding sway that much fiscal power over important institutions? You might think it's cool, but I don't.
    I never said anything about him being a philanthropist. You said his motivation was to "get the most toys". The man was not materialistic in that sense. He was intensely competitive and quite the miser. One of his prized possessions was a ledger he used to keep track of personal expenses as a young man. He was a meticulous penny pincher.

What do you have to say about Bill Gates?

P.S. Natural rights don't exist.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I never said anything about him being a philanthropist. You said his motivation was to "get the most toys". The man was not materialistic in that sense. He was intensely competitive and quite the miser. One of his prized possessions was a ledger he used to keep track of personal expenses as a young man. He was a meticulous penny pincher.

What do you have to say about Bill Gates?

What do I have to say about Bill Gates? I say that I don't use Mircrosoft Office on my personal computer, and stopped using my Yahoo email addy when he threatened to buy out the company. Aww....you tried to set me up to be a hypocritical liberal, didn't you? Nice try.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

I know a lot of people who are paying child support and having their wages garnished. It might be more common in the area he is in. Im not sure how much is garnished though i did come across a small little packet explaining how child support will be handled, something like substantial wage garnishment and dont expect the capping to be 18 cause the child may choose to go to college and an extension would be placed on wage garnishment. the people i know are working crappy side jobs. I know they are not happy and the well for sympathy is extremely shallow. I hear " ya, ex is sleeping around and collecting what im making and buying herself shoes. she does not work much and the kid does not eat right" later they conclude, they are already in jail and might as well make the complete transition. Im not sure if there is anyone stepping in to oversee how child support IS being spent, if you are going to involve the system then the system should be more involved in overseeing the children are proper cared for. make everyone think twice

Ginkgo

Reminds me of Mel Gibson. See, Mel is an honest man. If he thinks his toddler would deserve that, then he would be blunt about it. At least he doesn't walk on egg shells and apologize to the media.

But both Mel and this guy need to be sterilized and locked in cages.

"Police put out a notice Saturday asking people to look for the boy and saying his father had told them three men with dreadlocks and AK-47 rifles had piled out of an SUV and kidnapped Ja' Shawn shortly before midnight Friday. "

This guy apparently watched The Matrix : Reloaded too many times and thought he was in it. What a jackoff.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I say they do.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I hope they execute him, bad enough he had to be a deserter on his wife and kid in the first place.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Sounds like someone has the case of the Marvin Gaye.