User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Default WW3 - Developed vs. Undeveloped?

I am thinking about this kinds of things and for years. The more time it passes the more I think it will acctually come to this in the end.

Developed and undeveloped live in different realities and the gap is growing.
    On another hand when it comes to numbers it is more or less obvious that developed is clearly outnumbered.

US,Canada, entire Europe,Russia, Japan ,S. Korea, Australia , New zeland and few other small countries that could come into "fully developed" club make less then 20% of world population. (about 18%)
    Not to mention that the number is droping as years go by.

Inside China there are divides between 100 mil. rich and everybody else, what creates a lot of social stress.

Also inside developed world the biggest growth belongs to the groups that have starting point in undeveloped part.

To tell you the truth I think that we will soon reach braking point when it comes to this. In many parts of the world this is already observable.

Can it be that division in WW3 will be based on amount of education and technologcal development?

OP is not big since I don't want to cut out any part(s) of this topic out.

MBTI
    ENFP

Possibly; we have had signs of it already in Iraq and Afganistan etc.
    ... couldn't drag me away

Željko Ražnatovic: argus
    Željko Ražnatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Željko Ražnatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

I don't think separatistic chinese rebelants could be a threat to the world with their kalashnikovs. You know, such serious thing as WW3 could be possibly started only by governments. Big governments. And the biggest beasts will hold together, like you said America, Europe, Russia... And I think China will be calm as well, until government will not change there though. Other nations will just don't have a chance against that most advanced ones. You know, nuke here, nuke there, and it would be peace. It's a principle of deterrence, weaker will not start conflict against stronger, their technology doesn't match the more advanced technology of the stronger ones. They would be easily wiped out.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Wild horses View Post
    Possibly; we have had signs of it already in Iraq and Afganistan etc.
    Those two are not perfect examples of this but there are many elements of this in them for sure.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Gauche View Post
    I don't think separatistic chinese rebelants could be a threat to the world with their kalashnikovs. You know, such serious thing as WW3 could be possibly started only by governments. Big governments. And the biggest beasts will hold together, like you said America, Europe, Russia... And I think China will be calm as well, until government will not change there though. Other nations will just don't have a chance against that most advanced ones. You know, nuke here, nuke there, and it would be peace. It's a principle of deterrence, weaker will not start conflict against stronger, their technology doesn't match the more advanced technology of the stronger ones. They would be easily wiped out.
    I think that it far more likely that developed world will be that one that will start the conflict. Exactly because undeveloped one is creating pressure in many areas. Population is most obvious part.

Also I am not saying that this kind of conflict will last long if it ignited fully. Since in that case entire international law does not exist anymore.

MBTI
    ENFP

I don't think you can have perfect examples because people go to war for complex reasons but I thought that they show a few elements of what you describe
    ... couldn't drag me away

Željko Ražnatovic: argus
    Željko Ražnatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Željko Ražnatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Wild horses View Post
    I don't think you can have perfect examples because people go to war for complex reasons but I thought that they show a few elements of what you describe
    That is the thing. I am not talking about modern wars.
    Also Afganistan and Iraq are mostly consequences of the past.
    First is armed reasponse and only God knows what is second.

But this is something of much bigger magnitude.

I think burning of cars in France is much better indicator. The thing is that normal people stop to like eachother without any direct military actions.

Once ignated, this kinds of conflict will be on a massive scale.
    They will probably spread itself all over the world by chain reactions.
    Once conflict starts military of developed world will also join the party.
    We can extinguish small fires but we are not doing anything about real sources.One day the entire thing will just explode if you ask me.

Population is growing, consumption in general if growing , amount of accessable resources is falling. cultural barriers are growing, tolerance is also dropping.

The thing is that world can't function normally if this trends continue and I don't see what will stop them.

MBTI
    INTJ

it will be the lifestyle wars.

If the US way of life is "not negotiable" but others seek something like it (not unreasonable) and the economic structures are designed to keep things the way they are (eg trade and debt) what else could we expect. China is a good example - a very unequal society is forming and it is ultimately dependent on foreign demand. What would happen if their economy weakens and their material aspirations don't??? the only thing that hasn't been globalised in a "deregulation" sense is people. For many countries remittances back home are big earners - in their top ten.

Ecuador has recently defaulted on its debt. Global debt defaults would have a huge impact on the wealthier countries. It also depends on overseas remitances (both legal and illegal).

So if economic relationships went sour this could unite countries that suddenly find a common interest - dealing with abandoning their debt obligations and what pressure is brought on them to go back into compliance. But ultimately the wealthy countries depend on the poor ones to supply many resources, so collectively they have a source of potential power.

Wealthy countries fear inundation with the poor (witness the US approach with fences) and deregulation of the movement of people is the last thing that is wanted because it would allow "market forces" to prevail to the detriment of their lifestyle and sense of security. The market's efficiency varies, as does its social justice - locally to a given country and globally.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

What I intuitively sense is that undeveloped/undevelopING countries will bear the brunt of WWIII, instead of be involved in it directly in anyway.

What could happen is that the powerful, developing countries (India and China, for instance) might go into a resources frenzy, and somehow this will effect the balance of power in a global sense. Many of these countries have alliances that are reminiscent of WWI - alliances will continue to polarize until one tiny action "butterfly effects" into a nuclear war.

Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ

A bunch of underdeveloped imbeciles try to take down the civilized world?

Bring them on.

Then nuke as necessary until there's too few of them left to continue fighting.

It will be completely and utterly one-sided if the undeveloped side isn't protected by some sort of politically correct rule of war because then they'll just get obliterated by indiscriminate bombing.
    I am an ENTJ. I hate political correctness but love smart people ^_^