MBTI
    enfp

i thought the terminator covered this! LOLZ

i don't think WWIII will ever happen

no two nuclear weaponed countries ever warred with each other before

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

This would NOT be a world war by any means, but a set of scattered skirmishes here and there.

That being said, the US needs to go to war with someone in Africa.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

I think that this is quite serious.

The thing is that todays world is divided.
    One big percentages of people on one side and minority on another.

On many places there clear border between the two. But where there is no such a border you have problems.

For years there are conflicts inside Turkey on a level traditional-secular.

What is happening in Gaza is also a sing of this. I think that they would already find a way to live togather but cultural differences make that quite unlikely.

Few days ago I was reading a short interview with young Israeli woman

Reporter: What do you think about this conflict?
    Woman: I think that we should wipe out Palestinians from the face of the Earth.
    Reporter: WHY?!
    Woman: Because the don't support gay marriages!
    Reporter: Why do you say that?
    Woman: Because I am a lesbian and my gf and would never be able to be togather if they rule the world.

I would not be suprised if story was falsified but there is a logic behind the story.
    That logic says that this to groups will probably not be able togather in near future.

US today has a large problems because of immigration since that people are changing rules of the game. I am sure that many people on this forum know much more about this then I do.

In western Europe there is similar situation.

Inside China you also have two groups: modern urban population and over a billion of poor people. India is similar when it comes to this.

As far as I know Australia had and still has problems with its northern neighbour(s).

And to tell you the truth I don't see what will close growing rifts which will probably grow in the future.
    I said WW3 because there is a lot of people involved in this and there probably will be blood spilled over this. But if balance lost in one part of the world that could destabilize other parts as well. What means global changes for sure if that will occure.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

WWIII needs to involve world powers because if they're not involved, they'd end the fighting between the undeveloped countries before it escalated to "world war" status.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    WWIII needs to involve world powers because if they're not involved, they'd end the fighting between the undeveloped countries before it escalated to "world war" status.
    In standard conditions that is true. But as popualtion grows over a safty limit things are not that simple. Not to mentio that biggest "friction" is on the borders that between developed and undeveloped countries and countries that are culturally quite different.

I am using WW3 because number of dead could go over the number of dead in WW2. This is not classical war but it could be global.

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Actually the more I think about it the more I think the original topic has merit....

There's no faster way to develop an undeveloped region than by going to war for whatever dumb reason. (that is assuming the aggressor in question has intent to develop after laying waste.... Vietnam comes to mind here). However, I maintain it would not be war(s) worthy of the term "World"

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Well, bring it on 'developed world'! We're loaded and ready to explode.

MBTI
    INTJ

I think almost by definition a true world war would have to be fought among "developed" nations because the battles are fought worldwide and on every ocean.

I guess in general social unrest and creating sides of a differing type of conflict (which would be similar to guerrilla expansions supported by the former USSR) we could get something of an ideology war (i.e. cold war).

But a full blown WW3, no. Even if some under develop get WMD and use them.

What would be MORE interesting if we had a near world wide conflict caused just among underdeveloped nations (with developed trying to peace keep as usual) caused by economic stress, religious friction (Israel), or water/food right wars from population growth (breathing room!).

The only chance of a WW3 would be still between a US/Russia or a US/China engagement. No one else has the resources (in the next 50 years) to cause a true WW.