User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    I say let the giant multi-billion dollar bureaucracy that is lead by the man in the funny hat and dress take a shot at Israel. Could it really cause anymore harm?
    Didn't they try sending American peace-keepers into Israel on the West Wing?

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Didn't they try sending American peace-keepers into Israel on the West Wing?
    Huh? Never watched the show. What does it have to do with the Catholicism having a presence in Israel?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

Sniffles

Huh? Never watched the show. What does it have to do with the Catholicism having a presence in Israel?
    You threw me off base with that "giant multi-billion dollar bureaucracy" bit.

There you have it folks, we have official sanction to re-establish the Kingdom of Jerusalem!

MBTI
    OMNi

You threw me off base with that "giant multi-billion dollar bureaucracy" bit.

There you have it folks, we have official sanction to re-establish the Kingdom of Jerusalem!
    I was being sarcastic and insinuating that throwing another well financed, centralized authority into the mix would undoubtedly lead to further problems, but whatever makes you happy. I figure if all the religious nuts kill each other off, then it wouldn't exactly make the world a worse place.

Sniffles

I was being sarcastic
    I'm well aware of that, and I responded in kind.

BTW, the Church has certainly done its part to try to an end to the conflict; and for that both the Israelis and Palestinians paid homage to Pope John Paul II upon his death.

MBTI
    OMNi

I'm well aware of that, and I responded in kind.

BTW, the Church has certainly done its part to try to an end to the conflict; and for that both the Israelis and Palestinians paid homage to Pope John Paul II upon his death.
    Well now you have a Pope who thinks homosexuality is equivalent to rain forest destruction. I can foresee his wisdom going a long way in the Middle East.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Well now you have a Pope who thinks homosexuality is equivalent to rain forest destruction. I can foresee his wisdom going a long way in the Middle East.
    At least there are no homosexuals in Iran.

Sniffles

Well now you have a Pope who thinks homosexuality is equivalent to rain forest destruction.
    Ok I'll bite, where did the Pope say this?

Let's also take into the wider context of what the Church officially states about homosexuals in the Catechism in Paragraph 2358
    "The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition."
    So yes, we still teach homosexual acts are a sin, and under no conditions can gay marriage be approved. Nevertheless, we don't teach Homosexuals are necessarily evil per se, but rather people facing their own challenges to live according to God's will - as we all do in one form or another. As the Catechism states, we should be compassionate and sensitive to their state and their struggles with it.

MBTI
    OMNi

Ok I'll bite, where did the Pope say this?

Let's also take into the wider context of what the Church officially states about homosexuals in the Catechism in Paragraph 2358
    Apparently you aren't up to date. He said it in his Christmas address.

YouTube - Pope Angers Gay Groups: Defending Humanity Against Homosexuality As Important As Saving The Rainforest!

Just doing my part to destroy the human race. Great guy to lead the way into bringing peace into the Middle East.

I must also say that I love how your church can say that homosexuals need compassion and respect, while at the same time saying we are bringing about a destruction on the world as great as rain forest devastation. If only I had known that having sex with people of the same sex has the power to destroy the world! Clearly the violence of the Middle East will just have to take a backseat to the ecological catastrophe that is homosexuality!

Sniffles

Apparently you aren't up to date.
    Yeah I've stopped paying attention to news reports lately. I wish to concentrate my attention elsewhere.

He said it in his Christmas address.
    I did hear about that, and I'll try to find the texts of what the Pope said exactly. Cause too often the media likes to twist around what the Pope and Church officials state. I've noticed numerous times, especially during the Pope's visit to America.

Great guy to lead the way into bringing peace into the Middle East.
    Pope pleads for end to Gaza violence:

Pope Benedict XVI called for an end to the violence in Gaza during his Angelus audience on Sunday, December 28. "The earthly homeland of Jesus cannot continue being witness to such bloodshed that is repeated without end!" the Holy Father said, asking international leaders to "do everything possible" to "help the Israelis and Palestinians out of this dark alley." While the Pope avoided taking sides in the clash, Father Federico Lombardi, the spokesman for the Holy See, told a Vatican Radio audience that Israel's reaction to Hamas bombing was producing "many innocent victims," and said that Israeli strikes would "damage peace prospects." Later, responding to a rumor that swept through the Vatican press corps, Father Lombardi said that it was "premature" to suggest that the latest fighting could endanger plans for a papal visit to the Holy Land in May 2009.