User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    That also doesn't negate that it will never be of higher percentage than Islam, much less Judaism.
    I take it you consulted your crystal ball on this question?

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Catholicism is one of the fastest growing religion among the Jewish population in Israel I've read...
    I didn't really know that, but I can't say I am surprised because I have read something like two-thirds to three-quarters of Jewish Israelis are non-practising, and never attend a synagogue each week. Also, something like a third consider themselves agnostics.

It's true that you have to officially be a Jew by their law, to qualify for right of return.
    It's not really my place to say who is Jewish enough to be let into Israel. All I was doing is stating that Israeli law seems to contradict Jewish law. On a side note, it is nearly impossible to leave any religion officially.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    INxJ

I take it you consulted your crystal ball on this question?
    Think about it. Where they are located. Major religions of the area. I know a decent number of Christians like to proselytize, but they aren't going to make that much of a difference in this specific situation. Monotheists, have a difficult time trying to make sense of a human proxy. I'm sure your aware they consider it idolatry. So, any occasional growth spurts of Christianity in such a heavily populated monotheist area, will remain minimal at best.

Sniffles

Think about it.
    Yes I have, and there's the simple factor that the future isn't written in stone. I know you have a hard time comprehending this notion.

Plus, take into account what Falcarius stated above.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Think about it. Where they are located. Major religions of the area. I know a decent number of Christians like to proselytize, but they aren't going to make that much of a difference in this specific situation. Monotheists, have a difficult time trying to make sense of a human proxy. I'm sure your aware they consider it idolatry. So, any occasional growth spurts of Christianity in such a heavily populated monotheist area, will remain minimal at best.
    ...also, Christians depend on a Jewish Israel for their Armageddon/Rapture scenario to play out.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Falcarius View Post
    It's not really my place to say who is Jewish enough to be let into Israel. All I was doing is stating that Israeli law seems to contradict Jewish law. On a side note, it is nearly impossible to leave any religion officially.
    If the monk's mother was Jewish, then according to Jewish law he will always be Jewish. Whether he was practicing or not, doesn't take away that status. I wonder what the loophole was for taking his citizenship.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Yes I have, and there's the simple factor that the future isn't written in stone. I know you have a hard time comprehending this notion.
    It just might also be possible that in 10 years, the USA will merge with Canada, Mexico, and Cuba as the new communist empire, under the leadership of premier Jerry Seinfeld.

Now, I assure you that what I just said is possible, but I do not think it is probable in the least. We make predictions about the future based on apparent likelihoods.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    ...also, Christians depend on a Jewish Israel for their Armageddon/Rapture scenario to play out.
    That's only true for Dispensationalists, which only originated in the 19th century. Every other Christian tradition rejects the concept of a Rapture, or that the existence of Israel is necessary for the End Times.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    It just might also be possible that in 10 years, the USA will merge with Canada, Mexico, and Cuba as the new communist empire, under the leadership of premier Jerry Seinfeld.

Now, I assure you that what I just said is possible, but I do not think it is probable in the least. We make predictions about the future based on apparent likelihoods.
    Notice I'm not saying that Israel is going to turn Catholic overnight or even in the forseeable future.

But hey, nice attempt at hyperbolic satire.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Notice I'm not saying that Israel is going to turn Catholic overnight or even in the forseeable future.

But hey, nice attempt at hyperbolic satire.
    I think the amount of time it would take for Catholicism to have a large presence in Israel sets it irrelevantly far into the future. Not to mention that the further you have to look into the future for something to happen, the more unseen factors there are, and the more time there is for things to change. The further you look ahead, the less dependable present trends become.
    Go to sleep, iguana.