User Tag List

First 142223242526 Last

Results 231 to 240 of 319

  1. #231
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    They fought first, for decades.
    Then surrendered, and faded.
    Palestinians are still fighting.

  2. #232
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilen View Post
    Then surrendered, and faded.
    Palestinians are still fighting.
    So I'm supposed to ignore every trend and reasonable inclination, and favor the glory of battle here? I'm not that shortsighted. The harder they fight, the faster they'll fall.

  3. #233
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    So I'm supposed to ignore every trend and reasonable inclination, and favor the glory of battle here? I'm not that shortsighted. The harder they fight, the faster they'll fall.
    You are shortsighted. If they don't fight, they'll fade, that's how they lost all their land to begin with.

  4. #234
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilen View Post
    You are shortsighted. If they don't fight, they'll fade, that's how they lost all their land to begin with.
    You don't think they would've been cleaned from the face of the Earth had they fought in the beginning?

    And there is no "Their land." From what time period? The Kingdom of Judea was even larger than all of Israel today before anything known as Palestine or Palestinians existed.

  5. #235
    Senior Member lowtech redneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilen View Post
    You are shortsighted. If they don't fight, they'll fade, that's how they lost all their land to begin with.
    Actually, they lost their land either way, to begin with. By fighting, they first lost more of their land, then for all practical purposes lost the moral legitimacy of their claim when allied Arab states ethnically cleansed the Sephardic Jews from their own lands, leading the Sephardic Jews to appropriate the vacated land. By continued fighting (as well as having their descendants kept as perpetual refugees by the UN and "allied" Arab states), they kept losing more and more of their land while repeatedly missing opportunities to make the best of a bad situation for themselves and their descendants. Eventually, this constant state of resistance, lack of assimilation opportunities, low-grade warfare and obsessive hatred for their opponents led to Palestinian society degrading into a fundamentally sick society (not helped by the fact that Israel initially supported Hamas as a wedge against Fatah). Continued fighting has brought the Palestinians nothing but pain.

  6. #236
    I am Sofa King!!! kendoiwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    IsTP
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    Actually, they lost their land either way, to begin with. By fighting, they first lost more of their land, then for all practical purposes lost the moral legitimacy of their claim when allied Arab states ethnically cleansed the Sephardic Jews from their own lands, leading the Sephardic Jews to appropriate the vacated land. By continued fighting (as well as having their descendants kept as perpetual refugees by the UN and "allied" Arab states), they kept losing more and more of their land while repeatedly missing opportunities to make the best of a bad situation for themselves and their descendants. Eventually, this constant state of resistance, lack of assimilation opportunities, low-grade warfare and obsessive hatred for their opponents led to Palestinian society degrading into a fundamentally sick society (not helped by the fact that Israel initially supported Hamas as a wedge against Fatah). Continued fighting has brought the Palestinians nothing but pain.
    YouTube - Kenny Rogers-The Gambler Lyrics
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

    "They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

  7. #237
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    I want to be in support of Israel, I think their style of government is 10x better than most nations in the Middle East.

    But as far as this most recent conflict goes, they are being interpreted as the bad guys in most of the world media, and that's not undeserved.

  8. #238
    brat Mitzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I want to be in support of Israel, I think their style of government is 10x better than most nations in the Middle East.

    But as far as this most recent conflict goes, they are being interpreted as the bad guys in most of the world media, and that's not undeserved.

    i agree. im actually moving to israel next year
    She talks pretty but says mean things

  9. #239
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INxJ
    Posts
    3,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitzy View Post
    i agree. im actually moving to israel next year
    Are you Jewish?

  10. #240
    brat Mitzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    Are you Jewish?
    yes
    spanish/russian jew :p
    She talks pretty but says mean things

Similar Threads

  1. Israel-Palestine-Iran Conflict
    By Rail Tracer in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 157
    Last Post: 12-09-2012, 04:51 PM
  2. The Israel/Palestine Obsession is Racist
    By eagleseven in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 06-01-2010, 04:54 PM
  3. [INFP] NFs and pride, conflict, attitude?
    By Cindyrella in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-27-2008, 07:23 AM
  4. Your conflict Management Style?
    By Sona in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-04-2007, 06:43 AM
  5. [NT] Berens' comments on NTs and conflict
    By rivercrow in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-13-2007, 05:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO