User Tag List

First 10181920212230 Last

MBTI
    IsTP

I don't think its in our right to pass judgment. This sort of thing has been happening for many years, my personal view is that the idiots of Hamas that were shooting rockets into one of the most militarized countries in the world is getting what they had coming. But again so long as there are Jews and Muslims in the middle east you should expect this sort of thing to happen.
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    Losing the high ground (moral or otherwise) is something you don't want to do in a war (if that's what this is).

I'm afraid comments by both the UN and ICRC would suggest exactly that is happening.
    Israel never is allowed to "have" the moral high ground, because they're more powerful than the Palestinians, so even though the Palestinians might be provoking and causing them all sorts of problems....the face that they actually USE their power to retaliate, is apparently a problem to some UN members. (Not that it matters anyway, since the US blocks any resolutions against them.). Also, the other catch....it that, quite frankly I don't think Israel cares much about the world's opinion of them.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    Also, the other catch....it that, quite frankly I don't think Israel cares much about the world's opinion of them.
    I think they do, given the PR they put in.

I saw an interview with Mark Regev [http://www.israelnewsagency.com/mark...48120207.html] tonight. He looked embarassed.

Faced with a life or death struggle I don't suppose many people care, Israelis & Palestinians alike.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Look, the sooner Islam is dead, the sooner we'll all be better off. Get rid of it through any means necessary. Reverse indoctrination, mass deportation, you name it, it's good.

If you disagree with me, then take it from the most badass brit that has ever lived:

The following was said by Sir Winston Churchill"

"How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries!
    Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy.

Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement, the next of its dignity and sanctity.

The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property - either as a child, a wife, or a concubine - must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men.

Individual Moslems may show splendid qualities. Thousands become the brave and loyal soldiers of the Queen: all know how to die.

But the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world.

Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science - the science against which it had vainly struggled - the civilization of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilization of ancient Rome."
    I am an ENTJ. I hate political correctness but love smart people ^_^

MBTI
    INTP

I'll be happy if we just do away with all religion. We'll, not really. People will find other reasons to hate and kill one another, not that there aren't enough already.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by LostInNerSpace View Post
    I'll be happy if we just do away with all religion. We'll, not really. People will find other reasons to hate and kill one another, not that there aren't enough already.
    Some reasons are better than others.

MBTI
    onto
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Some reasons are better than others.
    Some reasons are newer than others.
    One should not aim at being possible to understand, but at being impossible to misunderstand. - Quintilian

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Can't be just refuse to deal with either side on any level as responsible nations? Not so support or even comment on either sides actions but just to say that the state of affairs as it is now is unacceptable to us. We have that responsibility right?

Though personally I fail to sympathise with the Israelis after learning about the walled cities and checkpoints and such.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Can't be just refuse to deal with either side on any level as responsible nations? Not so support or even comment on either sides actions but just to say that the state of affairs as it is now is unacceptable to us. We have that responsibility right?
    Can we? Sure. Will we? No. (Note, I'm talking about the USA here.).

1. Public opinion here is very, very far to the Israeli side. To put it quite simply: (I don't give a damn if this is PC or not.), We like the Jews a LOT, and think the Muslims/Palestinians are a bunch of terrorists/incapable of successfully having their own country.

2. Even if it wasn't, Israel is far too useful strategically for us, and their "atrocities", aren't much worse than our methods of war anyway.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Here's to Israeli victory. In addition this charity, the work of Rabbi Yechiel Eckstein is worth support, too. I had fallen behind but the country's defense has me donating to both.