User Tag List

First 9171819202129 Last

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

The four maps shown by Kendoiwan aren't accurate. They are deliberately misleading, because they compare what can't be compared.

Only the two in the middle have some meaning.

The first one is an ethnic chart, while the three remaining ones are political borders. And that's not the same thing at all, since a lot of Arabs remained or returned in Israel in the meantime. And for instance, the Bedu tribes of the Negev sided with Israel in 1947, hence they are shown in white "after"; while they were shown in green "before".

At last, the fourth map is totally inaccurate, since as Lowtech Redneck already pointed, what Barak offered during the Taba talks was very different; and still, it was rejected mainly because the question of the Right of Return of Palestinian refugees couldn't be solved (Arafat and Qorei adamantly refused to settle the question).
    Later on, these offers would lead to the Geneva Initiative, and even if it's not an official proposal, I think it's a interesting step towards peace, if it could ever be achieved.

---

Furthermore, the website that hosts these maps is known to be severely racist and Anti-Semitic, hence the presence of people like Israel Shamir and Thierry Meyssan amongst its writers (and various other neo-nazis and Holocaust deniers). Let's say this source is not reliable, very extreme, and hence, the result is quite predictable.

I know Kendoiwan likes conspiracy theories, but here, frankly, it smells very bad.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    I know Kendoiwan likes conspiracy theories, but here, frankly, it smells very bad.
    So does a woman's corpse.

I don't get really angry very often but this clicks the button:

"The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) said its officials and Palestinian ambulance workers had found four starving children huddled with at least 12 corpses in Gaza in a house 80 metres from an Israeli military position.

Among the dead in the house, found lying on mattresses, were the children's mothers, the ICRC said."

Israel accused over access to Gaza victims - Middle East, World - The Independent

Banned
    MBTI
    type

War isn't f'n daisies.

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    War isn't f'n daisies.
    Neither is a pizza. Do explain, buddy.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    So does a woman's corpse.

I don't get really angry very often but this clicks the button:

"The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) said its officials and Palestinian ambulance workers had found four starving children huddled with at least 12 corpses in Gaza in a house 80 metres from an Israeli military position.

Among the dead in the house, found lying on mattresses, were the children's mothers, the ICRC said."

Israel accused over access to Gaza victims - Middle East, World - The Independent
    It's the first time I distinctly notice a tertiary Fi in you, or something close to it.

What can we do? Nothing, or almost. Yet you know what I think of this madness, but frankly, our opinions don't matter. :rolli:
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Neither is a pizza. Do explain, buddy.
    It means that when battle is pitched, not all the destruction will be brought upon its intended target. Collateral damage is expected.

So is the battle expected. To create a microcosm:

Man A was raised in House A, and taught that God A is the only God, and that Man A owns Houses A and B, and Man B is an evil squatter.

Man B was raised in House B, and taught that God B is the only God, and that Man B owns Houses A and B, and Man A is an evil squatter.

Give them both rocket launchers. What happens?

MBTI
    NICE

It's the first time I distinctly notice a tertiary Fi in you, or something close to it.
    I have a thing about dead civilians.

What can we do? Nothing, or almost. Yet you know what I think of this madness, but frankly, our opinions don't matter. :rolli:
    You are of course correct. To your utmost credit, Blackmail!, you don't reduce the complexity of an issue to a soundbite.

Quite frankly the Israelis are in an awful position. I understand that.

Losing the high ground (moral or otherwise) is something you don't want to do in a war (if that's what this is).

I'm afraid comments by both the UN and ICRC would suggest exactly that is happening.

MBTI
    NICE

Man B was raised in House B, and taught that God B is the only God, and that Man B owns Houses A and B, and Man A is an evil squatter.
    Thank you for that. It confirms what I've been thinking.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Thank you for that. It confirms what I've been thinking.
    Assuming you're trying to be a smartass, I'm an atheist, so stuff it.

MBTI
    NICE

Assuming you're trying to be a smartass, I'm an atheist, so stuff it.
    Was it the little wink that did it?

Being a smartass is something I'll leave to those that do it so much better.