User Tag List

First 5131415161725 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK1986 View Post
    Coward? More like genetically incompetent. My mother made a mistake marrying.

As for a branch of the Israeli defense forces, if I'd have to sign up for anything, it'd be the air force.
    exactly, coward.

MBTI
    ENTP

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by dga View Post
    Dga,

1) First, you pretend to have "Jewish friends", and even family (I don't believe a word of it)

2) Second, you pretend that Jews live happily within Iran.

3) Third, you use a picture of the Neturei Karta.

---

Well, you have used every possible stereotypical anti-semitic defenses. All of them!!

You look like an Anti-semite, your arguments taste very Anti-semitic, and frankly, the odds that you may be a true Anti-Semite are very high.

Now, it's time to be serious. You have lied to us since the very beginning, and even if you were quite entertaining somehow, now you are beginning to be very annoying (And IlyaK remains a better competitor compared to you if we had to elect the best fanciful moron of this thread).

It's time to give us an explanation.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Default WELL

IDF has started an attack on gaza.
    Israeli ground troops enter Gaza - CNN.com

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by lkpo14 View Post
    Let's the madness continue. :rolleyes2:
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Dga,

1) First, you pretend to have "Jewish friends", and even family (I don't believe a word of it)

2) Second, you pretend that Jews live happily within Iran.

3) Third, you use a picture of the Neturei Karta.
    While what you stated might be true, why is it so hard for you to believe Jews could actually perceive the situation as unfair? Hamas is unstable, no doubt, but there are innocent Palestinians that are caught in the crossfire.

Quote Originally Posted by lkpo14 View Post
    Hopefully, something is accomplished so resolution can be reached. Even if that entails taking Gaza down.

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

But you know, being anti-semitic doesn't necessarily equate that you are a nazi, and I'd say you are confusing the historical meaning of the two words, even if they are linked, somehow.
    "Semitic" is technically an adjective that classifies the Semitic group of languages spoken throughout the middle east and has also come to be identified with the races and cultures of the people who speak those tongues. It derives from the Biblical reference to the descendents of Shem, son of Noah; even a biblical literalist should be able to see upon reading that the classification extends to many peoples throughout the region besides the Jews, not least the Arabs. It is not therefore either relevant or accurate whatever your beliefs on the subject to use the term "Anti-Semitic" in reference to predjudice against Jews, as it simply muddies the issue by using unclear terms. Yes, I know a lot of people use this expression, but it nevertheless has no place in intelligent thinking or debate any more than any other inanely emotive term regularly churned out by the media for our edification. If you doubt my reasoning on this issue, try thinking about what it would mean to be not "Anti", but "Pro"-Semitic. Are you in favour of a family of languages, the furtherment of the Jewish and Arab people collectively, or are you going to have to use your creativiy to redefine the word "Semitic" itself? Those who abhorr anti-jewish predjudice are not in fact doing their own cause any favours (besides the unclear thinking it may lead them to) by promoting a term that was originally coined by the 19th century German nationalist movement (the spiritural ancestors of the Nazis) in order to give their existing anti-Jewish prejudices a spurious racial basis. The concept being promoted was, I believe, that their well-integrated Jewish neighbours were a non-European "Semitic" race and hence did not belong there. It may seem strange to us today that an overtly racist ideology would be the more acceptable form of prejudice, but times, like the prevailing forms of human stupidity, are subject to change.

For clarity and accuracy, I would suggest the use of the following terms when discussing matters related to Israel or Jewish issues, though God knows I don't seriously expect anyone to take me up on this given the entrenched views people tend to have on the subject

Anti-Jewish - opposition to the Jewish faith, ethnicity, or culture
    Anti-Zionism - opposition to the political ideology of the state of Israel and its supporters

(I hope you notice that these expressions both have "Pro" forms which can be clearly defined and actually signify the opposite of their semantic opposites )
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    "Semitic" is technically an adjective that classifies the Semitic group of languages spoken throughout the middle east and has also come to be identified with the races and cultures of the people who speak those tongues. It derives from the Biblical reference to the descendents of Shem, son of Noah; even a biblical literalist should be able to see upon reading that the classification extends to many peoples throughout the region besides the Jews, not least the Arabs. It is not therefore either relevant or accurate whatever your beliefs on the subject to use the term "Anti-Semitic" in reference to predjudice against Jews, as it simply muddies the issue by using unclear terms. Yes, I know a lot of people use this expression, but it nevertheless has no place in intelligent thinking or debate any more than any other inanely emotive term regularly churned out by the media for our edification. If you doubt my reasoning on this issue, try thinking about what it would mean to be not "Anti", but "Pro"-Semitic. Are you in favour of a family of languages, the furtherment of the Jewish and Arab people collectively, or are you going to have to use your creativiy to redefine the word "Semitic" itself? Those who abhorr anti-jewish predjudice are not in fact doing their own cause any favours (besides the unclear thinking it may lead them to) by promoting a term that was originally coined by the 19th century German nationalist movement (the spiritural ancestors of the Nazis) in order to give their existing anti-Jewish prejudices a spurious racial basis. The concept being promoted was, I believe, that their well-integrated Jewish neighbours were a non-European "Semitic" race and hence did not belong there. It may seem strange to us today that an overtly racist ideology would be the more acceptable form of prejudice, but times, like the prevailing forms of human stupidity, are subject to change.
    A word has the meaning of its current use.

While we could argue whether you find this term clear or unclear, if you open any good dictionary, you will have a precise answer.

However, I may agree with a lot of what you've said, but unfortunately, it's not up to us to decide.

For clarity and accuracy, I would suggest the use of the following terms when discussing matters related to Israel or Jewish issues, though God knows I don't seriously expect anyone to take me up on this given the entrenched views people tend to have on the subject

Anti-Jewish - opposition to the Jewish faith, ethnicity, or culture
    Anti-Zionism - opposition to the political ideology of the state of Israel and its supporters
    I do not agree for a lot of reasons.

1) Anti-Jewish, as you said, mainly describes the opposition to Jewish faith (I'm an atheist, so I don't care).
    We need a word to describe the opposition to Jewish culture or ethnicity, since it's quite different. And here, "Anti-Semitic" fills this gap correctly.

2) Anti-Zionism is the opposition to the mere existence of Israel. You may not agree with its current policies (I do not agree with a lot of them either), but that doesn't necessarily make you an Anti-Zionist. Anti-Zionism is a much more radical stance.
    And again, as Habermas pointed, while there may be a technical difference between Anti-Semitism and Anti-Zionism, in the real world, both terms are almost synonymous, interchangeable.

---

While speaking about "the real world", I'd say your whole argument shows a high amount of idealism and imagination, but severely lacks pragmatism.

And you know the saying: "Hell is paved with idealism and good feelings".

You may want to change the meaning of words according to your own subjective views, but it's never as easy as it seems.

Welcome to the real world.

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    While what you stated might be true, why is it so hard for you to believe Jews could actually perceive the situation as unfair? Hamas is unstable, no doubt, but there are innocent Palestinians that are caught in the crossfire.
    I perceive this situation as unfair. I do not agree with what the IDF is doing.

And indeed, there are innocents that are caught in the crossfire.

If you want to know what I think, you have this link (I'm a member of this organization):

Peace Now

7w8 SCUxI

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

I like the idiots who always advocate that the aggressors be appeased and have their way... Hamas attacked Israel first, and continued to lob missiles at them, as they have been doing for ages. Israel got fed up with it. Israel seeks to put them in their place. I'm sure you'd all be more happy if we just forced Israel to always sit back while terrorists kill their CIVILIANS. And for your information, Israel is being very selective in what locations they target unlike Hamas who is just throwing up missles and hitting random targets in Israel with no concern for casualties; they are going after the exact locations where missiles were sent from and the store houses. If civilians don't want to be killed, they should leave the company of the terrorists who are attacking and aiding the attacks.