User Tag List

First 3111213141523 Last

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Well... you could. You're interesting and far more knowledgeable than the average poster here, Peguy.

But sometimes, well... Unless you take some of your dreams for granted, I'm sure you have lot of meaningful things to say.
    Well I think the momentum of the discussion has moved on from that possibility anyways. At best, it would divert attention away from the flow of the discussion, and at worse just be me talking to myself.

So with that, carry on gentlemen.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

I just want to quickly say that throwing out the word anti-semetic left and right really does make it lose its true meaning.

Other than that, I have learned over the years that debating these things is pointless as no one will ever just read what I or anyone else here has to say and just have an epipheny of truth smack them in the face.
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by G-Virus View Post
    I just want to quickly say that throwing out the word anti-semetic left and right really does make it lose its true meaning.
    You know, Antisemitism is a pretty commonplace phenomena (especially in Arab countries, or within extreme political trends [fascist or marxist alike]). Even if it's a strong word, sometimes "you have to call a cat a cat".

Do you rather think we should hide it?

But you know, being anti-semitic doesn't necessarily equate that you are a nazi, and I'd say you are confusing the historical meaning of the two words, even if they are linked, somehow.

However, Nazi is a very strong word.

Other than that, I have learned over the years that debating these things is pointless as no one will ever just read what I or anyone else here has to say and just have an epipheny of truth smack them in the face.
    You're quite correct.

Whenever words like "Israel", "Jews", or "Zionism" are throwed, the tension arise like nowhere else, and I'm still wondering why the entire world seems so obsessed about such a tiny country and a minuscule conflict. Everybody seem to have an opinion about Israel and the Jews, and this overwhelming feeling usually prevents any quiet debate.

This seems disproportionate.

Have you any idea?

Unless... unless... there are hidden sociological factors.
    Which ones?

(You know, Anti-semitism didn't vanish into thin air after WWII. It's still as prevalent as it was, but it has adapted. The ideas remained quite similar, it's just the names that have changed, since being called "anti-semitic" is now an insult.
    For instance, what we call the new antisemitism has arisen especially amongst the extreme left [from people who pretend to be generous and socially fair], and NOT in the extreme right. That's why it's so easy to hear violent anti-semitic propaganda in the middle of anti-globalization meet-ups, much to my own despair )
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENTJ

You know, Antisemitism is a pretty commonplace phenomena (especially in Arab countries, or within extreme political trends [fascist or marxist alike]). Even if it's a strong word, sometimes "you have to call a cat a cat".

Do you rather think we should hide it?

(You know, Anti-semitism didn't vanish into thin air after WWII. It's still as prevalent as it was, but it has adapted. The ideas remained quite similar, it's just the name that have changed, since being called "anti-semitic" is now an insult.
    For instance, what we call the new antisemitism has arisen especially amongst the extreme left [from people who pretend to be generous and socially fair], and NOT in the extreme right. That's why it's so easy to hear violent anti-semitic propaganda in the middle of anti-globalization meet-ups, much to my own despair )
    Quoting this for truth. Couldn't have said it better myself. People don't really care about the Israeli government one way or another. They don't like Jews to differing extents. Why? Beats me.
    I am an ENTJ. I hate political correctness but love smart people ^_^

MBTI
    NICE

The current mini-conflict is an interesting one, coming as it does prior to Bush's departure and prior to an election in this most liberal of democracies.

What I'm curious about is the use of collective punishment []Israeli–Palestinian conflict - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia which the Israelis (as a nation state) employ. Sorry about the lazy link.

The use of collective punishment has been used by invading armies, dictators and various neer-do-wells (it's a bad-guy thing) throughout history. But it's a bit like dirty washing. It's embarassing; and even the most ardant practicioners like to tart it up as something less shameful. Something a bit sexier - like self-defence!

All the best.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    The use of collective punishment has been used by invading armies, dictators and various neer-do-wells (it's a bad-guy thing) throughout history. But it's a bit like dirty washing. It's embarassing; and even the most ardant practicioners like to tart it up as something less shameful. Something a bit sexier - like self-defence!
    You're absolutely right. This is a shame.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    NICE

You're absolutely right. This is a shame.
    And shame to the idiots that fire S2S missiles at Ashdod. They play a poor game where they can only lose. And they knew exactly how the IDF will respond (everybody knows that).

All the best, Blackmail!

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK1986 View Post
    The question is: does it matter? The Native Americans had claim to 95% of America originally. And we all know that's a huge deal today.

Even if the situation were reversed, with Israel having less land and the Palestinians having the majority of it, the Palestinian territories have received more foreign aid than Israel has, and they've spent it on rockets and suicide vests and propaganda programming that uses Disney characters to indoctrinate jihad in children.

The question is what kind of people we want inhabiting the middle east, and what kinds of people we don't want there.

And honestly, who among us wants fanatical muslims that want to kill everyone else because they don't believe in the same invisible man inhabiting any spot on Earth?

Why all the Palestinian sympathy? Because they're human too?

What's the big deal about that? It's not like our hearts bleed for every impoverished man woman and child out there. If you want to make a donation to them, go ahead. Just don't impose your will on your nation's leaders.

I read this and immediately thought of you

The native Americans lacked the coordination and the overall hardware to fucks with the colonials. It didn’t take too long before they were overwhelmed with technology and brute force. No one can withstand that combination. That’s like chasing crystal meth with Hennessy and Red Bull. But just for good measure the native Americans were smacked up with some wicked biological warfare to make sure they knew their place.

This is how Israel will have to deal with the Palestinians once and for all. The settlers are just like the colonists. They like the land and they ain’t gonna leave it. Technology and brute strength will insure that the settlers stay in place. This scenario has been repeated ad nauseam throughout human history. Find a Carthagenean if you can and ask him how Rome did their thing. The sooner Israel satisfies their genocidal tendencies the sooner the Palestinians will have the chance to live prosperously. Those that are left, you know, ABBAS and a few of his friends.

Look at the native Americans and all the benefits they have now because they only exist primarily in museums. There is the Mohegan Sun and countless other “Injun” themed gambling resorts. The native Americans have also been immortalized throughout the institutions of higher learning and professional sports as the mascot of choice. If the Palestinians would just hurry the fuck up and die I don’t see why we couldn’t swap our beloved Chief Wahoo for a Sheik Abu.

Smarten up Gaza.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    ENTJ

As hilarious as it is, it's absolutely true. It's happened time and again throughout the course of human history, so hopefully the Gazans know what they're looking at in the face. Eventually, Israel will get a PM so hawkish that he'll just say "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH" and wipe them all out, world opinion be damned.

Edit: and when that happens, you can be sure there will be plenty of happy people.
    I am an ENTJ. I hate political correctness but love smart people ^_^

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Nihilen has lied.
    Ah ?

They are so excited at the smell of jewish blood, they lose any control.
    Liar.