User Tag List

First 2101112131422 Last

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    And what should we say about Peguy, who is stuck in his pan-catholic delirium?
    Hey that's real cute!

I guess I'll abstain from getting into the complex political theology involved in this situation.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK1986 View Post
    The question is: does it matter? The Native Americans had claim to 95% of America originally. And we all know that's a huge deal today.

Even if the situation were reversed, with Israel having less land and the Palestinians having the majority of it, the Palestinian territories have received more foreign aid than Israel has, and they've spent it on rockets and suicide vests and propaganda programming that uses Disney characters to indoctrinate jihad in children.

The question is what kind of people we want inhabiting the middle east, and what kinds of people we don't want there.

And honestly, who among us wants fanatical muslims that want to kill everyone else because they don't believe in the same invisible man inhabiting any spot on Earth?

Why all the Palestinian sympathy? Because they're human too?

What's the big deal about that? It's not like our hearts bleed for every impoverished man woman and child out there. If you want to make a donation to them, go ahead. Just don't impose your will on your nation's leaders.
    Could you show us just what numbers of aid palestine has received which dwarfs israels?

And since you seem pretty keen on a group of people being destroyed, when are you joinng the israeli army? If there is one thing I will give israeli zionists credit for, it is actually suiting up. I'd hate to lob insults, but I bet you are a coward.

If you really care enough, sign up for a couple of years-

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    You seem to be making the mistake of assuming you know my stance. All I have said here is A: I see the Palestinian/non jewish Arab POV, B: Regardless of the history, Israel is there and has the fire power and U.S. backing to insure it's not going anywhere.
    Having the more firepower or money doesn't necessarily imply you're wrong or Evil...
    (Are you aware you're using a Christian stereotype... Have you some notions of the sociology of religions, and how some values remain deeply imprinted even into deconfessionalized or secular societies [look at Weber, Durkheim or Simmel]? A lot of so-called marxists often weren't aware they used christian stereotypes too -especially catholic ones- [look at Regis Debray].
    Anyway there was a debate amongst some French intellectuals, such as Jean-Claude Milner, about the "paradigm of the winner")

In the case of Israel, I'd say it's a "powerless power", since this state cannot do anything it wants, whatever you think of it (it's a liberal democracy, not a bloody dictatorship).

C: I don't buy the whole Israel as the poor innocent victim routine.
    You're right. Israel is far, far from being innocent.

Reading comprehension lesson for the day: Stereotypes, simplicity, demagogy, and me assuming there is an easy answer to this... This is all your imagination at work
    I'd wish it was... :rolli:

But frankly, you know, I've already had these debates for over twenty years now.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Hey that's real cute!

I guess I'll abstain from getting into the complex political theology involved in this situation.
    Well... you could. You're interesting and far more knowledgeable than the average poster here, Peguy.

But sometimes, well... Unless you take some of your dreams for granted, I'm sure you have lot of meaningful things to say.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    IsTP

Having the more firepower or money doesn't necessarily imply you're wrong or Evil...
    (Are you aware you're using a Christian stereotype... Have you some notions of the sociology of religions, and how some values remain deeply imprinted even into deconfessionalized or secular societies? A lot of so-called marxists often aren't aware they use christian stereotypes too -especially catholic ones-.
    There was a debate amongst some French intellectuals, such as Jean-Claude Milner, about the "paradigm of the winner")

In the case of Israel, I'd say it's a "powerless power", since this state cannot do anything it wants, whatever you think of it (it's a liberal democracy, not a bloody dictatorship).

You're right. Israel is far, far from being innocent.

I'd wish it was... :rolli:

But frankly, you know, I've already had these debates for over twenty years now.
    Again you're assuming because I say Israel has force of arms and U.S backing I think they are evil and wrong... Stop assuming.

Edit: I'm not debating anything here. Besides the folks who've been all "They're the same people" and "they have equal claim to the land" both positions I find questionable at best, I've asked some questions here and nothing more.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Again you're assuming because I say Israel has force of arms and U.S backing I think they are evil and wrong... Stop assuming.
    If you say so, little Grasshopper.

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    IsTP

(Are you aware you're using a Christian stereotype... Have you some notions of the sociology of religions, and how some values remain deeply imprinted even into deconfessionalized or secular societies [look at Weber, Durkheim or Simmel]? A lot of so-called marxists often weren't aware they used christian stereotypes too -especially catholic ones- [look at Regis Debray].
    Anyway there was a debate amongst some French intellectuals, such as Jean-Claude Milner, about the "paradigm of the winner")

If you say so...
    ACTUALLY You say so, it's there in black in white, denying your own words doesn't do much for your credibility :rolli:

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

ACTUALLY You say so, it's there in black in white, denying your own words doesn't do much for your credibility :rolli:
    You'll eventually learn to calm your temper, little Grasshopper.

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    IsTP

You'll eventually learn to calm your temper, little Grasshopper.
    :yim_rolling_on_the_ Me calling you on your bullshit doesn't equal me losing my temper... More assuming, I'm starting to see a trend here

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

More assuming, I'm starting to see a trend here
    You're right, there is a trend.

7w8 SCUxI