First 8910111220 Last

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Well for once we are in agreement.
    Miracles do happen!

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Ashkenazim whose grandparents were born in Prague and Budapest and Paris and Danzig are one with Palestinians of Assyrian stock whose ancestors were born in communities within a hundred miles of Jerusalem for the last twenty generations?

Unless you mean "one people" in some rhetorical sense, I cannot follow this assertion. You will have to connect the dots for me, I'm afraid.
    Yes.

I did connect the dots for you.
    I provided the links, too.

In my thread Out of Africa.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    Err. That logic is like saying you can take Blacks from the U.S. the Caribbean, South America, Europe, basically everywhere that you can now find blacks in the world, ship them back the Africa and remove the people who live there from the land, give us an army and U.S. backing and then saying, "we're all the same people, why are you mad at us..."

EJCC is correct.
    He usually is.

Logic does not translate.

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by dga View Post
    there is no other place on earth that would have been safer than palestine for jews to be safe? When did the bulk of the jews actually settle there?

So lets leave religion out of this, as I think most try to. If israel is not a religious state, jsut what right did zionists have to occupy palestine 90 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    EJCC is correct.
    He usually is.

Logic does not translate.
    EJCC's assertion that both sides have claims to the land has NO FACTUAL BASIS outside of the barrel of a gun (Which I personally respect ) and religious ghost story's (Which I don't ) the Israelis have no claim to the land.

To say that logic does not translate is to say what exactly?
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

What's interesting with this conflict, it's that it allows abysmally ignorant people to shamelessly display their ignorance, and be proud of it.

This conflict is incredibly complex, and should require extreme caution (it's a real political minefield, to say the least), but yet everybody seem to have an opinion about what should be done. And this opinion, most of the time, is black and white, and is based on propaganda and lies (both sides have been expert at this game).

It's very strange, isn't it?

I think we should wonder why comments about the Israeli question always attract such violent and irrational dispositions, a behavior most people here would never dare to display elsewhere.

Nihilen has lied. Dga has lied (three or four times, now), but they continue, and continue, and continue. No shame.
    They are so excited at the smell of jewish blood, they lose any control. They have no respect of themselves anymore.

And what should we say about Peguy, who is stuck in his pan-catholic delirium?

Or Falcarius with his orthodox marxist views?

Or IlyaK, who exhibits clear proto-nazi thoughts? (I'd rather think he's just a young teen that just want to attract attention through some stupid provocation. Is it trolling?)

---

Well, it's in this thread, and nowhere else.

Let's come and admire the comedians, while they are improvising!
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Quote Originally Posted by Falcarius View Post
    x2

I keep agreeing with you lately, the Christmas spirit is going to dinosaurs head or something.

As for the OP, they are as bad as each other, therefore, it is not sane to support either.
    you do realise that most of the people who opposed this suggestion were palestinian.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    What's interesting with this conflict, it's that it allows abysmally ignorant people to shamelessly display their ignorance, and be proud of it.

This conflict is incredibly complex, and should require extreme caution (it's a real political minefield, to say the least), but yet everybody seem to have an opinion about what should be done. And this opinion, most of the time, is black and white, and is based on propaganda and lies (both sides have been expert at this game).

It's very strange, isn't it?

I think we should wonder why comments about the Israeli question always attract such violent and irrational dispositions, a behavior most people here would never dare to display elsewhere.

Nihilen has lied. Dga has lied (three or four times, now), but they continue, and continue, and continue. No shame.
    They are so excited at the smell of jewish blood, they lose any control. They have no respect of themselves anymore.

And what should we say about Peguy, who is stuck in his pan-catholic delirium?

Or Falcarius with his orthodox marxist views?

Or IlyaK, who exhibits clear proto-nazi thoughts? (I'd rather think he's just a young teen that just want to attract attention through some stupid provocation. Is it trolling?)

---

Well, it's in this thread, and nowhere else.

Let's ome and admire the comedians, while they are improvising!
    quit the hyperbole and point out the lies. I dont equate zionism to judaism and wish to see zero blood shed. Stop putting words in my mouth. Both groups involved, muslims and jews, are silly for having any religion at all, but this is a clear case of a group muscling power over apartheid style. Save the jews, fuck the zionists, is that clear?

I've got a solution, let's remove all people from teh region, muslim, christain, jewish, atheist, pastafarian, whatever, and nuke it. No deaths, no injuries, just removal of a foolsihly symbolic area which selfish and/or desperate people can't manage themselves.

Would that be ok for you? No more bloodshed, no more rockets, no more bulldozers, no more suicide bombs, nobody hoards the water, and no more fucking wankers on the internet calling people antisemitic because they don't agree with a government's actions.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    EJCC's assertion that both sides have claims to the land has NO FACTUAL BASIS outside of the barrel of a gun (Which I personally respect ) and religious ghost story's (Which I don't ) the Israelis have no claim to the land.
    You are confusing the creation of Israel with the existence of Israel under contemporary circumstances shaped by decades of new history. Nowadays, both sides DO have legitimate (not necessarily equally so) claims to the land.

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    You are confusing the creation of Israel with the existence of Israel under contemporary circumstances shaped by decades of new history. Nowadays, both sides DO have legitimate (not necessarily equally so) claims to the land.
    Pretty convenient intellectually dishonest to ignore the situation that lead to all of the contemporary circumstances you refer to. Kinda like saying it doesn't matter if God created the universe, or if the Big Bang theory is fact, we're here and that's all that matters now.

Edit: I accept the fact that Israel now exists and isn't going anywhere (Barrel of a gun ). But the whole "poor Israel why do they hate them" bs doesn't fly with me either.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Why are you so awkward and defensive, Dga?

Quote Originally Posted by dga View Post
    Both groups involved, muslims and jews, are silly for having any religion at all, but this is a clear case of a group muscling power over apartheid style. Save the jews, fuck the zionists, is that clear?
    1) Like Nihilen, you have absolutely no idea what Apartheid really was. Your comparison is an insult towards what the black people of South Africa really endured.

2) Are you aware that 99% of the Jews in the world are zionists (I. e. they care about the existence of Israel, even if they don't necessarily want to immigrate here)?

Like Jürgen Habermas explained, even if technically, there's a difference between Jews and Zionists, in the real world, there's almost none.

I've got a solution, let's remove all people from teh region, muslim, christain, jewish, atheist, pastafarian, whatever, and nuke it. No deaths, no injuries, just removal of a foolsihly symbolic area which selfish and/or desperate people can't manage themselves.

and no more fucking wankers on the internet calling people antisemitic because they don't agree with a government's actions.
    Some people called you an antisemitic liar?

Well, I'm not that suprised: To be very blunt, you exhibited many classic stereotypes used by ordinary antisemitic propaganda. Are you aware of that?
    You know, when you lie (like you did, several times), when you intentionally confuse or exaggerate facts, you cross the border between a normal polical discussion and Ideology.

You can criticize Israel, no problem. But at least, try to use some accurate facts. If you invent them, then we should wonder why!

Again, for the third time, don't talk about a subject you don't know a fucking thing!! That's as simple as that.
    Why do you feel the urge to talk about it nonetheless?
    Last edited by Blackmail!; 12-31-2008 at 08:39 AM.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI