User Tag List

12311 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 209

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    977

    Default Gaza Slaughterhouse.

    I'm still following this, according to cnn, at least 170 Palestinians were killed in 1 day, and 1 Israeli, from Hamas' retaliation.

    I can't see how this can do any good to Israel on the long run (It certainly isn't for Palestine, but who cares, aight?), this can only lead to more blind anger and hatred towards Israel, and Israel claims it only just started, so we're in for a long show.

    A little vid:

    euronews | Big death toll after Israeli strikes in Gaza

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    977

    Default

    I'm here watching it with an Anti-Palestinian relative, getting all joyful/proud about the massacre, and swearing each time someone condemns it.
    I had to share this here so that I don't hit the guy, he's like 50, and I'm at his house.

  3. #3
    Nerd King Usurper Edgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilen View Post
    I'm still following this, according to cnn, at least 170 Palestinians were killed in 1 day, and 1 Israeli, from Hamas' retaliation.

    I can't see how this can do any good to Israel on the long run (It certainly isn't for Palestine, but who cares, aight?), this can only lead to more blind anger and hatred towards Israel, and Israel claims it only just started, so we're in for a long show.
    I'm guessing this wasn't good for Israel either:

    But with 200 mortars and rockets raining down on Israel since the truce expired a week ago, and 3,000 since the beginning of the year, according to the military's count, pressure had been mounting in Israel for the military to crush the gunmen.
    Link: The Associated Press: Israel launches air strikes on Gaza, 155 dead

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Gaza has been been going on for years without water, electricity or medical aids.
    Their only way to retaliate is to fire these rockets. Hamas is willing to stop firing the rockets as it proved in the 6 months truce. But give the population their basic human rights first.

  5. #5
    Nerd King Usurper Edgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilen View Post
    Gaza has been been going on for years without water, electricity or medical aids.
    Their only way to retaliate is to fire these rockets.
    How is lobbing rockets at Israel going to help them with water, electricity, and medical aid?

    Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't European Union and the US promised humanitarian aid to Gaza if Hamas renounced violence along with their vows to destroy Israel?

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    How is lobbing rockets at Israel going to help them with water, electricity, and medical aid?

    Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't European Union and the US promised humanitarian aid to Gaza if Hamas renounced violence along with their vows to destroy Israel?
    I did not claim it would help them, it's a desperate emotional attempt. You know and I know it is useless, but a population being killed by hundreds and being deprived of its basic human rights doesn't.

    When you're sick, dirty, tortured, hungry, angry and illiterate you will go into desperate measures for close to nothing.

  7. #7
    Senior Member ThatsWhatHeSaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    7,233

    Default

    PWNED

  8. #8
    Nerd King Usurper Edgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilen View Post
    I did not claim it would help them, it's a desperate emotional attempt. You know and I know it is useless, but a population being killed by hundreds and being deprived of its basic human rights doesn't.

    When you're sick, dirty, tortured, hungry, angry and illiterate you will go into desperate measures for close to nothing.
    Oh fucking boo-hoo-hoo. How about taking responsibility for your actions? I'm sorry their life is tough but that doesn't excuse them from being dumbasses and provoking a heavily armed country.


    I guess you missed the "T" in the "INTJ" under my profile.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Oh fucking boo-hoo-hoo. How about taking responsibility for your actions? I'm sorry their life is tough but that doesn't excuse them from being dumbasses and provoking a heavily armed country.


    I guess you missed the "T" in the "INTJ" under my profile.
    .

  10. #10
    pathwise dependent FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj
    Posts
    5,908

    Default

    It's a pretty complex issue. I can't see either how this can be good for Israel, but I can also see why they can't allow rockets to be fled to their cities. In the end, probably, the only wise way to end this long-standing issue would be for Israel to retreat from those territories.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Similar Threads

  1. Israeli murder of 30 Gaza activists in international waters
    By tcda in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 340
    Last Post: 06-28-2010, 06:50 PM
  2. Gaza Death Toll Rises
    By persianeyes in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-09-2008, 10:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO