User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 209

  1. #61
    Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,193

    Default

    You're lumping all Palestinians together, when you should be condemning Hamas. The reason that militant group has power is because of rights suppression in the first place. Give Gaza and Palestine equal rights in the region, allow the good Palestinians to provide for their people and I don't think Hamas will be tolerated among the public as it is now.



  2. #62
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    At this point, both sides have legitimate grievances; this sort of assess that you are making seems counter-productive to reaching ANY sort of agreement.
    What do I have to do with brokering peace in the middle east?!?

  3. #63
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    What do I have to do with brokering peace in the middle east?!?
    You weren't.
    You were picking sides (as far as I could tell) pretty subjectively and unproductively.

    So no, I would not endorse you brokering anything, you are relieved of your duties!

    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    You're lumping all Palestinians together, when you should be condemning Hamas. The reason that militant group has power is because of rights suppression in the first place. Give Gaza and Palestine equal rights in the region, allow the good Palestinians to provide for their people and I don't think Hamas will be tolerated among the public as it is now.
    You mean that the rest of the world shouldn't be blaming us for the last US administration's choices either? Cool beans!

    Good point, though. When one faction is to blame, lumping everyone together doesn't work.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilen View Post
    Are you trying to be the stereotypical American Geography-retard or is this an actual question ?
    I just don't know what you were getting at, that's all. It was either over my head or a fail joke I guess.

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I just don't know what you were getting at, that's all. It was either over my head or a fail joke I guess.
    Tis settled:

    Are you trying to be the stereotypical American Geography-retard or is this an actual question

  6. #66
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    You weren't.
    You were picking sides (as far as I could tell) pretty subjectively and unproductively.

    So no, I would not endorse you brokering anything, you are relieved of your duties!
    And your promotion of peace and harmony here on the forum... that will change the outcome for the maimed children of Hebron?

    If you think I'm picking sides subjectively, then read your history and bring your superior objective judgment to bear on the topic. I won't argue with you.

    If you think I'm picking sides unproductively, then I am most certainly guilty as charged. If I am required to call injustice justice in order to be productive, then I prefer my integrity to productivity.

  7. #67
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    I'll pick a side: I don't particularly care if the Palestinians ever get a homeland. They decided to use the tatic of civilian terrorism (which has spread like wildfire among militant Islamic groups) and gave away any moral high ground they might've had.

    They reap what they sow.

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I'll pick a side: I don't particularly care if the Palestinians ever get a homeland. They decided to use the tatic of civilian terrorism (which has spread like wildfire among militant Islamic groups) and gave away any moral high ground they might've had.

    They reap what they sow.
    Palestinians don't have the right to build a military, they lost most of their land, they are under siege, they are denied their basic human rights; water, electricity, medication and lately shelter.

    They did not choose this tactic, it was forced upon them.

  9. #69
    Senior Member Silent Stars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    410

    Default

    People seem to be forgetting that Hamas was actually elected by the Palestinian people into power in January 2006. Yes, I realize that they are no longer in the government now, but please tell me, why would they even elect a terrorist organization to lead them in the first place?

    Oh and your last line there is the most bullshit I've heard in quite some time.
    Enneagram 9w1 sp/so
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Stars View Post
    People seem to be forgetting that Hamas was actually elected by the Palestinian people into power in January 2006. Yes, I realize that they are no longer in the government now, but please tell me, why would they even elect a terrorist organization to lead them in the first place?

    Oh and your last line there is the most bullshit I've heard in quite some time.
    And here's a quote from an other bullshitter:

    Terrorism is a terrible weapon but the oppressed poor have no others.


    He makes more sense to me than your Ariel Sharon.

Similar Threads

  1. Israeli murder of 30 Gaza activists in international waters
    By tcda in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 340
    Last Post: 06-28-2010, 06:50 PM
  2. Gaza Death Toll Rises
    By persianeyes in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-09-2008, 10:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO