User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilen View Post
    Fuckin' Arabs can't fight, luckily there's a country called Lebanon.
    Does Lebanon mean somethin' funny in Arabic?

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Does Lebanon mean somethin' funny in Arabic?
    Are you trying to be the stereotypical American Geography-retard or is this an actual question ?

Oberon

Do a little thought experiment, if you would. Imagine that the Palestinians all laid down their arms and never struck another blow, while the Israelis carried on as usual. What would the Palestinians' future look like?

Now imagine that the Israelis laid down all their arms and never struck another blow, but the Palestinians continued on as they have up to now. What would the Israelis' future look like?

The difference between the two scenarios is that in the first one, there are still Palestinians left alive a generation later. In the second one, all bets are off for the Israelis.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Do a little thought experiment, if you would. Imagine that the Palestinians all laid down their arms and never struck another blow, while the Israelis carried on as usual. What would the Palestinians' future look like?

Now imagine that the Israelis laid down all their arms and never struck another blow, but the Palestinians continued on as they have up to now. What would the Israelis' future look like?

The difference between the two scenarios is that in the first one, there are still Palestinians left alive a generation later. In the second one, all bets are off for the Israelis.
    My little thought experiment lead me to the exact opposite.

It seems to me you're not even thinking what you're typing, you're just repeating something you're heard. Because I have read this rhetoric from pro-Israelis thousands of times and it never made sense to me.

It's the Israelis that killed 300 Palestinians in one day, just yesterday and not the other way around, it's the Israelis that took what was originally a Palestinian land by force and kicked their original inhabitants out and not the other way around.

Now think again, but really think this time, will ya ?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

What? I can't understand how you arrived at your conclusion. Mine would have been the opposite, given that Israel's weaponry is much more powerful.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I came to the opposite conclusion as well. If the Palestinians lay down, how long before the bulldozers show up in Gaza?

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilen View Post
    My little thought experiment lead me to the exact opposite.

It seems to me you're not even thinking what you're typing, you're just repeating something you're heard. Because I have read this rhetoric from pro-Israelis thousands of times and it never made sense to me.

It's the Israelis that killed 300 Palestinians in one day, just yesterday and not the other way around, it's the Israelis that took what was originally a Palestinian land by force and kicked their original inhabitants out and not the other way around.

Now think again, but really think this time, will ya ?
    Look, the Israelis don't want all the Palestinians to die; they just want the Palestinians to stop shooting at Israel.

The Palestinians, on the other hand, have made it their mission to wipe Israel off the map, or die trying. What you see in the news these past few days is the latter.

Negotiating peace with the Palis is like playing fetch with a pit bull. No matter how many times you throw the ball, he goes for your throat.

I heard on NPR this morning the tearful accounts from aid workers in Gaza reporting the civilian casualties of the Israeli bombardment. They failed to mention that the Pali militants blend into the civilian population specifically for the purpose of using civilians as shields. So who is to blame, then, for those civilian casualties?

And who, on the other hand, deliberately targets Israeli civilian towns rather than military installations with their rocket and mortar attacks? The Palis, that's who.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    What? I can't understand how you arrived at your conclusion. Mine would have been the opposite, given that Israel's weaponry is much more powerful.
    Well, yes... but it's not a genocidal war on Israel's side. If it was, they could have won it decades ago.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Look, the Israelis don't want all the Palestinians to die; they just want the Palestinians to stop shooting at Israel.

The Palestinians, on the other hand, have made it their mission to wipe Israel off the map, or die trying. What you see in the news these past few days is the latter.

Negotiating peace with the Palis is like playing fetch with a pit bull. No matter how many times you throw the ball, he goes for your throat.
    Actually, I think it's bad form to start saying one side is morally worse than the others when both have been dicking each other over for such a long time.

At this point, both sides have legitimate grievances; this sort of assess that you are making seems counter-productive to reaching ANY sort of agreement.

If they were kids, I'd have shipped them off to separate boarding schools by now -- since it's clear that neither side wants to "play fair" nor feels like it can legitimately forgive the past and act anew.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

That was the UN partition plan(1947):

That's the current situation(2007):

Can't get more obvious.