User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by dga View Post
    It wasnt very bright or was particularly one sided for the british to colonize and divide up the region at the end of ww 1, effectively establishing the state of israel after hundreds of years of ottoman rule, but that is the situation. The UN gave away land that was already occupied, similar to the destruction of native lands and people for the establishment of the american colonies and later nation. However, technology has progressed from arrows against rifles so the affected here use primitive rockets.

If the idea was to create a safe place for jews, they sure fucked up this one. There is nowhere else in the world that would have been more practical? Nowhere that might have resulted in less bloodshed over the years? Or was the entire point for the "holy" land to be controlled by a different group for the sake of historical religious power?

I mean seriously, talk about being bright. Stick a group of people that have historically been persecuted in a region which disrupts millions and millions of people which might do funny shit like fire rockets and blow up buses and public gatherings.

The random rocket shooting and suicide bombing are barbaric, but so are the conditions which led to them. How many palestinian homes have been levled to create new israeli settlements? When basic human necessities are withheld for so long, why does anyone expect anything less than barbarism in response?

Would a mixed society really result in religious persecution? Are there not synagogues in iran? Are there not jews in parliamentary positions in iran? Granted, Palestine is not iran, but iran has not been denied basic human necessities for years.
    I think I'm falling in love with you.
    Let me melt in your soul. Slowly, slowly, slowly..

I - 44
    N- 64
    F- 64
    J- 11

4w3

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

It wasnt very bright or was particularly one sided for the british to colonize and divide up the region at the end of ww 1, effectively establishing the state of israel after hundreds of years of ottoman rule, but that is the situation. The UN gave away land that was already occupied, similar to the destruction of native lands and people for the establishment of the american colonies and later nation. However, technology has progressed from arrows against rifles so the affected here use primitive rockets.

If the idea was to create a safe place for jews, they sure fucked up this one. There is nowhere else in the world that would have been more practical? Nowhere that might have resulted in less bloodshed over the years? Or was the entire point for the "holy" land to be controlled by a different group for the sake of historical religious power?

I mean seriously, talk about being bright. Stick a group of people that have historically been persecuted in a region which disrupts millions and millions of people which might do funny shit like fire rockets and blow up buses and public gatherings.

The random rocket shooting and suicide bombing are barbaric, but so are the conditions which led to them. How many palestinian homes have been levled to create new israeli settlements? When basic human necessities are withheld for so long, why does anyone expect anything less than barbarism in response?

Would a mixed society really result in religious persecution? Are there not synagogues in iran? Are there not jews in parliamentary positions in iran? Granted, Palestine is not iran, but iran has not been denied basic human necessities for years.
    Word.

I couldn't really be bothered with going into the details, thanks for that.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I'd say you should stop talking about a subject you don't know a fucking thing.

I think you should go to Iran, and explain us what you really saw, rather than the usual propaganda.

---

Anyway, the Israelo-Palestinian conflict is very complex, and I'm always amazed to see so many zealots who think they have THE solution, and that one side is absolutely better than the other.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    I'd say you should stop talking about a subject you don't know a fucking thing.

I think you should go to Iran, and explain us what you really saw, rather than the usual propaganda.

---

Anyway, the Israelo-Palestinian conflict is very complex, and I'm always amazed to see so many zealots who think they have THE solution, and that one side is absolutely better than the other.
    Oh please. I'm an american. I have jewish family and even israeli (they made a point to leave israel) friends. I now live where the holocaust actually happened. Please don't tell me what propaganda I have or haven't faced.

DO you know what is one-sided? How about the monetary assistance one group vs the other receives?

So have you been to iran? Since you imply I have been misled with information, just what is daily life like for jews in iran? I'm no zealot. I have no horse in this race, but it seems like you do. If you truly have something to add instead of patronizing, how about educating us with complete facts. For example, Hamas have been shooting thousands of rockets into israel each year. That is a fact, and those rockets have killed dozens of israelis. Another is that IDF forces have killed more palestinian kids than all combined israelis have been killed by hamas. More palestinans have been killed than total numbers of injured israelis. Sure, many of the killed Palestinians have been hamas, but what about the kids? Fuck them?

MBTI
    ENTJ

I'm not sure I buy the contention that being Jewish in Iran is acceptable, or not reacted to (in Iran). Ahmadinejad's public pronouncements on the Holocaust don't seem very... Jew friendly!

I agree about the death toll, though. Palestinian and Israeli lives are worth the same, and far more Palestinians have been killed than Israelis, including FAR too many children.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilen View Post
    I am not one sided, but I do oppose ethnocentrism and ultra-nationalism. And I oppose any nation that claims it's exclusive for a religion and/or ethnicity.

So, the need for a homeland to the Jews is based on a speculation that the whole world still hates Jews, and they cannot survive except among each others.
    Worst post I've read in a long time. Thanks.

MBTI
    INTj

The UN gave away land that was already occupied, similar to the destruction of native lands and people for the establishment of the american colonies and later nation.
    How far back in history do we go to prove that one side is right and the other is wrong? This argument has been going on for 2000 years without resolution.

When basic human necessities are withheld for so long, why does anyone expect anything less than barbarism in response?
    When subjected to barbarism, is there any surprise that a nation would respond with deadly military force?

Would a mixed society really result in religious persecution?
    That is not a demand that the Israelis would realistically consider. It's a pointless demand for a much weaker opponent to make.

The Palestinians hold all the power to control their own fate.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Worst post I've read in a long time. Thanks.
    Lol.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

The six-day war was so awesome.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Fuckin' Arabs can't fight, luckily there's a country called Lebanon.