User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilen View Post
    I cannot see how Israel's massacres are justified, regardless of the causes that I condemn.
    Yet you can totally see how the Palestinians are justified? You sympathize with their position, but not Israel's. I think that's pretty hypocritical.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

causes that I condemn
    Lol, are you kidding me ?

Do you know the meaning of the word condemn ?

MBTI
    INTJ

And I expect Palestinians to stop firing rockets as well. It's not a one way street. I cannot see how Israel's massacres are justified, regardless of the causes that I condemn.
    Fair enough. I think it would be beneficial for both Israelis and Palestinians to stop killing each other.

I personally prefer to avoid political discussions on the intertubes because it often attracts zealots, which in turn just wastes my time and aggravates me because no minds are changed.

But I'm glad you are finally admitting there are two sides to the story.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Fair enough. I think it would be beneficial for both Israelis and Palestinians to stop killing each other.

I personally prefer to avoid political discussions on the intertubes because it often attracts zealots, which in turn just wastes my time and aggravates me because no minds are changed.

But I'm glad you are finally admitting there are two sides to the story.
    I never claimed there were only one.

But I find the Palestinians' situation -mostly in Gaza- much more critical than the Israelis.

MBTI
    INTJ

I never claimed there were only one.

But I find the Palestinians' situation -mostly in Gaza- much more critical than the Israelis.
    Well it's certainly shittier to live in Gaza than it is in Israel, I'll give you that. Whose fault it is is debatable though.

Didn't Arafat have something $2 billion in his bank account when he finally croaked, while at the same a lot of Palestinians have to shit in a bucket?

MBTI
    INTj

Undoubted the Palestinians are suffering more than the Israelis from the conflict, but they hold the absolute power to end it all. The Israelis can only react.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Well it's certainly shittier to live in Gaza than it is in Israel, I'll give you that. Whose fault it is is debatable though.

Didn't Arafat have something $2 billion in his bank account when he finally croaked, while at the same a lot of Palestinians have to shit in a bucket?
    I don't think debating whose fault it is is useful either, we would go back to how Israel was created and all the stages the Palestinians went through that lead to this situation.

Arafat was a crap dictator, like all dictators.

Solutions are more interesting to debate, right now, I have no idea what that should be. Israelis probably have a chance, but Palestinians seem to be fucked either way.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    Undoubted the Palestinians are suffering more than the Israelis from the conflict, but they hold the absolute power to end it all. The Israelis can only react.
    How so ?

MBTI
    INTJ

How so ?
    Well, I suppose Hamas could start with taking out that charter saying they seek the destruction of Isreal.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Well, I suppose Hamas could start with taking out that charter saying they seek the destruction of Isreal.
    That would be awesome, but that's not going to happen. Hamas was the Palestinians' last refuge it seems, after all else failed (and this last refuge will fail too), and it only lately gained mainstream support.

Yet the Israeli side makes it seem as if Hamas was the cause of the whole conflict, in fact it's a consequence. Did Palestinians have more rights before Hamas had this support ?