User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    C'mon guys, doesn't anybody want to field this one?
    Refugees are less useful than martyrs, I suspect.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilen View Post
    You're twisting my words, I'm talking about the "RETURN" argument, and not the Jews historical presence.
    What return argument?

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Geez, I asked you like a hundred questions so far, and all I get in return is a question. I'm finished with you.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    The Palestinians were not conquered by the Jews. There wasn't a war fought for the land, it wasn't won, it wasn't purchased. The UN, from a certain point of view, dropped an ethnic group into an area, and said ethnic group declared themselves a sovereign state as if it was theirs to begin with.
    And the documented residents of the partitioned territory were given the full rights of Israeli citizens at that time, rights that they and their descendants still may enjoy today regardless of religion or ethnicity. Arab Israelis today make up almost 20% of the population of Israel.

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

I am sorry Oberon but I find the proclivity of your views to be so nepotistical and polemic, on this topic, that I consider it positively absurd.

You completely fail to realise the average Hamas supporter does not want to support them, but rather they feel they have to support them as nobody else is going to protect them. It's much the same way Israelis have historically felt the need for demagogues like Benjamin Netanyahu. Just like not all Israelis support their government, not all Palestinians do either. Just like Israelis don't want to live in fear of getting blown up, Palestinians don't want to live in fear of their food, electric, water being cut off, and their land stolen. Israelis and Palestinians are pretty much the same in that they just want to live in dignity; why is it so hard for you and Israel's government to understand this?:steam:

If Israel is seriousness about peace it has to start treating Palestinians in a more human way and follow basic international law; stop its illegal occupation, illegal settlements, bulldozing Palestinian homes, illegal collective punishment of holding back fuel, food, electric, and medicines. The day Israel finally realise this, it may actually cease to be the most dangerous place in the world to be a Jew.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I'll pick a side: I don't particularly care if the Palestinians ever get a homeland. They decided to use the tatic of civilian terrorism (which has spread like wildfire among militant Islamic groups) and gave away any moral high ground they might've had.

They reap what they sow.
    Can you please remind me and everyone who killed Lord Moyne, who bombed the King David Hotel, who carried out the Deir Yassin massacre?

P.S Your last sentence is so true it's not funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    Refugees are less useful than martyrs, I suspect.
    That, and the Egyptians, Syrians and Jordanians regard Pali refugees with all the high consideration normally lavished on scabrous leper stepchildren.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilen View Post
    Geez, I asked you like a hundred questions so far, and all I get in return is a question. I'm finished with you.
    I've noticed a distinct lack of question marks in this thread from you.

Badly constructed declarative statements, yes. Questions, no.

MBTI
    INFP

There wasn't a war fought for the land, it wasn't won
    Oh really.

It would be like if the government kicked me out of my house and let the Indians live there because they said they could.
    Again, this depends on how far back you want to go.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Falcarius View Post
    I am sorry Oberon but I find the proclivity of your views to be so nepotistical and polemic, on this topic, that I consider it positively absurd.
    Well, it's certainly not the majority view. The majority seems to form its opinions on the basis of the sterling analysis of the BBC.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    Oh really.

Again, this depends on how far back you want to go.
    2000 years, if that's how far back we need to go to find a justification for European Jews to create a state in the middle east.