User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

Results 91 to 100 of 209

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I don't.
    You should, or your 'return' argument would be baseless.

  2. #92
    Senior Member Anonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Hamas deliberately mixes in with the civilian populace for that specific reason. It makes them un-bombable unless you're willing to inflict civilian casualties.
    That is difficult, I agree. But I don't think that simply obliging their tactics and bombing them anyway is the solution here. It is a solution, yes, but one of the worst. I think full out invasion and occupation would be better in this case, as Gaza is clearly under control of a government which is doing nothing but getting the people killed.

  3. #93
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    That is difficult, I agree. But I don't think that simply obliging their tactics and bombing them anyway is the solution here. It is a solution, yes, but one of the worst. I think full out invasion and occupation would be better in this case, as Gaza is clearly under control of a government which is doing nothing but getting the people killed.
    Hypothetically, if I take a hostage, does that give me license to shoot at you forever without fear of retaliation?

  4. #94
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilen View Post
    You should, or your 'return' argument would be baseless.
    I don't know what you're talking about. Zionism?

    I do know a larger structure used to exist here about 2000 years ago:


  5. #95
    Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I don't know what you're talking about. Zionism?

    I do know a larger structure used to exist here about 2000 years ago:
    So basically, the Native Americans could petition the UN for my house, get it, and I'm not supposed to be upset about that?

    Using that as justification would require a 2000 year roll back of land rights for the entire world, in order to be fair.



  6. #96
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    So basically, the Native Americans could petition the UN for my house, get it, and I'm not supposed to be upset about that?

    Using that as justification would require a 2000 year roll back of land rights for the entire world, in order to be fair.
    I'm not arguing for the right of anything. Just pointing out the history.

  7. #97
    Senior Member Anonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Hypothetically, if I take a hostage, does that give me license to shoot at you forever without fear of retaliation?
    If that's the analogy you want to use, then I'd say that Israel should go in with heavy protection to try and take down the Hamas (or the person taking the hostage), and if the Hamas shoots the hypothetical "hostage", so be it. It's better than Israel simply shooting the hostage in the head just so they can get to Hamas, which is essentially what they're doing right now.

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I don't know what you're talking about. Zionism?

    I do know a larger structure used to exist here about 2000 years ago:

    So, should African Americans go back to Africa now, kicking out the natives for example ?

    Or the turks go back to Mongolia, that is definitely justifiable, innit ?

    Your only base is the bible. Which makes your claims baseless.

  9. #99
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilen View Post
    So, should African Americans go back to Africa now, kicking out the natives for example ?

    Or the turks go back to Mongolia, that is definitely justifiable, innit ?

    Your only base is the bible. Which makes your claims baseless.
    You're still thinking I'm arguing something I'm not.

  10. #100
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    1,672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Hypothetically, if I take a hostage, does that give me license to shoot at you forever without fear of retaliation?
    If you've taken a life, does it give people the right to kill about three hostages in order to kill you?

    Would continued negotiations, or using say a sniper rifle be a fairer method?

Similar Threads

  1. Israeli murder of 30 Gaza activists in international waters
    By tcda in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 340
    Last Post: 06-28-2010, 06:50 PM
  2. Gaza Death Toll Rises
    By persianeyes in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-09-2008, 10:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO