User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 47

  1. #31
    WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.
    Posts
    1,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Yet, from this sentence alone we could only deduce that this sentence may be made up.
    Really?

    Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    LOL. "Stop me before I kill again!"
    I thought you'd like it.

  2. #32
    Doesn't Read Your Posts Haight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    6,243

    Default

    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

  3. #33
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,910

    Default

    I suppose is it a strawman. But I think it is most aptly described as ad hominem. More specifically, it's the inconsistency ad hominem, in which someone tries to undermine a cause or argument by attacking the person who supports it, on the premise that their own behavior is supposedly inconsisten with their argument. It's one of the most aggravating kinds of ad hominem because it masquarades as calling out someone else for commiting a fallacy.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  4. #34
    Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    697

    Default

    Anything that begins with STUDIES SHOW, or any variant thereof, needs to be knocked off the planet and never heard from again.

  5. #35
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen View Post
    Anything that begins with STUDIES SHOW, or any variant thereof, needs to be knocked off the planet and never heard from again.
    I'm afraid we'd pretty far behind if we discounted everything like that.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  6. #36
    Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I'm afraid we'd pretty far behind if we discounted everything like that.
    Nameless studies, nameless scientists. Studies? What studies? Do they really show?

  7. #37
    Nerd King Usurper Edgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,209

    Default

    Liberals are stingier, study finds
    Yes, but they tend to be very generous with other people's money.

  8. #38
    Doesn't Read Your Posts Haight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    6,243

    Default

    NEWS FLASH:

    Republicans are willing to lie 30% more than Liberals when surveyed about their charitable contributions during the holidays.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

  9. #39
    Senior Member TheLastMohican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    NEWS FLASH:

    Republicans are willing to lie 30% more than Liberals when surveyed about their charitable contributions during the holidays.
    NEWS FLASH: the Democrats and Conservatives would like to be included next time.

  10. #40
    Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    It's true that religion is the essential reason conservatives give more, and religious liberals are as generous as religious conservatives. Among the stingiest of the stingy are secular conservatives.
    It seems like the more significant difference in giving is between the religious and the secular. The writer is just trying to make it political, since a greater percentage of conservatives are religious.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 04-16-2017, 02:32 PM
  2. 1 in 5 CEOs are psychopaths, study finds
    By meowington in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 10-01-2016, 10:32 AM
  3. Howler Monkeys With Loud Manly Calls Are Not As Well Endowed, Study Finds
    By Olm the Water King in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-26-2015, 06:11 PM
  4. [Ne] Are INFJs studying ENxPs because they want ...
    By Istbkleta in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-22-2013, 04:56 PM
  5. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-23-2011, 08:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO