User Tag List

First 1234 Last

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Mommy, what's a libruhl?

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    So if we don't count churches and religious organizations, liberals give more. Of course they make more though. This seems to all make sense.
    Perhaps... one thing the study really can't track is to what degree the money given to religious organizations goes toward benevolence (soup kitchens, shelters, debt relief, etc.). Some of it does.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Liberals give more money to panhandlers, which keeps them coming back asking for more, which is why I HATE LIBERALS.

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Liberals give more money to panhandlers, which keeps them coming back asking for more, which is why I HATE LIBERALS.
    Don't get too emotional on us Jack.

I hear liberal girls are better in bed.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by A Schnitzel View Post

That depends on taste.

The idea that political persuasion has determines generosity seems ridiculous to me, similar to believing MBTI type determines generosity.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    That depends on taste.

The idea that political persuasion has determines generosity seems ridiculous to me, similar to believing MBTI type determines generosity.
    43.5% of statistics are made up.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Perhaps... one thing the study really can't track is to what degree the money given to religious organizations goes toward benevolence (soup kitchens, shelters, debt relief, etc.). Some of it does.
    Yeah I'd like to see figures on that as well.

I don't have a problem with conservatives taking the title for most generous. I actually wish they were a little more stingy with their money, so maybe we wouldn't have all these bad mortgages.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by A Schnitzel View Post

Not in my bed.

Back to panhandlers, one of my favorite topics, I think if a Kansas winter can't freeze your homeless ass to death, you're not poor enough to be asking for money.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I don't have a problem with conservatives taking the title for most generous. I actually wish they were a little more stingy with their money, so maybe we wouldn't have all these bad mortgages.
    This statement implies that conservatives are responsible for "all" the bad mortgages. Do you have data to back up this claim?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    This statement implies that conservatives are responsible for "all" the bad mortgages. Do you have data to back up this claim?
    I think what he's saying is that if conservatives had tighter lending regulations in the past 8 years the economic crisis wouldn't be as bad. Not to say that only conservatives are responsible for this, but if they were more "conservative" it would have helped.