User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should civilians be permitted to own guns?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • NO! Guns are EVIL and serve no good purpose.

    21 15.67%
  • YES! Guns are USEFUL and are nice to have when you need them.

    79 58.96%
  • Maybe... I wouldn't own one, but I don't mind if you do.

    30 22.39%
  • What's a gun?

    4 2.99%
First 789101119 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 527

  1. #81
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    What about those who you really wouldn't trust with a gun even after lobotomising them? Shoot them? Take the toys off them?

    That's the thing isn't it, are we perhaps assuming that everyone has a certain degree of inbuilt sense of responsibility? Is this actually an accurate assumption? Should we not entertain the possibility that some just shouldn't be let anywhere near guns (hence making it a privilege and not a right)?
    I think the law does a decent job of making it a privilage as well as a right. Laws are in place that people who have abused their rights have them taken away. It is possible to have things both a right and privilage. Obeying the laws is consenting to the knowledge that this is also a privilage to have available.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

  2. #82
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    This is tard.

    Guns are awesome.
    we fukin won boys

  3. #83
    Nerd King Usurper Edgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    This is tard.

    Guns are awesome.
    The entire thread is summed up and answered in 6 words.

    Thank you, Nocapszy.

  4. #84
    Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,123

    Default

    Nocapszy - Example of who should NOT own a gun. (I jest. Mostly)
    Embrace the possibilities.

  5. #85
    Nerd King Usurper Edgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post
    Nocapszy - Example of who should NOT own a gun. (I jest. Mostly)
    I think if Nocapszy gets a gun and manages to last for three days without shooting himself, then he earned the right to own it.

    But either way, after three days, the problem is solved.

  6. #86
    Courage is immortality Valiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE
    Posts
    3,919

    Default

    [YOUTUBE="QoLx8RsHN0A"]LOVE GUN[/YOUTUBE]

    Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

  7. #87
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Circular reasoning... this can't be an argument for gun ownership, because as we all know, guns are evil.

    [sigh]
    Wrong. I think the premise that guns are evil is inherently ridiculous, which is why I didn't even address it. You are essentially saying people need to take the law into their own hands because society is lawless. YOUR argument is the circular one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  8. #88
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    I think if Nocapszy gets a gun and manages to last for three days without shooting himself, then he earned the right to own it.

    But either way, after three days, the problem is solved.
    Makes sense to me. I think that test ought to apply for everyone.
    I've owned a gun for three years.

    It's awesome.

    Don't know what all this 'useful' dickery is all about, but my gun dominates ass.
    we fukin won boys

  9. #89
    Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,934

    Default

    The poll made with this thread is heavily biased.

    Freely owning a gun (or not) is not a religious question.
    I'm against it not because I'd say it is "EVIL" (that's for Fi users, and I'm not one of them), but because those weapons are dangerous, and because I find that gun fetish is a psychological unbalance, a disturbing one.

    You don't have to be freudian to understand why.

    And I find that most people who are trying to explain here it's only for self-defense, it's only because their country is larger and less densely populated (1), it's only for hunting... (bla bla bla bla bla... :zzz are only trying to hide what's obvious.

    ---

    (1) It's even funnier when it's someone who lives in New Jersey that says it!
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

    7w8 SCUxI

  10. #90
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    The poll made with this thread is heavily biased.
    The thread is a joke.

    It's even more of a provocateur move than anything I've done in the past.
    Of course Oberon used a cheap topic -- not challenging to get a rise out of anyone when talking about guns.

    I'm not impressed.
    To be quite honest, he's still an amateur.
    we fukin won boys

Similar Threads

  1. [NF] Quote Thread: Express your feelings or thoughts with a quote
    By Sparrow in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 412
    Last Post: 12-03-2017, 12:20 AM
  2. The Random Movie Quote Thread
    By asynartetic in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 220
    Last Post: 12-02-2017, 10:31 PM
  3. Your self-perception vs the way you are perceived by others?
    By Verona in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 07-22-2017, 11:13 AM
  4. Random Quote Thread
    By Queen Kat in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-12-2011, 09:51 AM
  5. Long - the quotes of lovable larrikin, Nobel physicist Richard Feynman
    By InsatiableCuriosity in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-02-2010, 11:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO