User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should civilians be permitted to own guns?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • NO! Guns are EVIL and serve no good purpose.

21 15.67%
  • YES! Guns are USEFUL and are nice to have when you need them.

79 58.96%
  • Maybe... I wouldn't own one, but I don't mind if you do.

30 22.39%
  • What's a gun?

4 2.99%
First 374546474849 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by RinconSB View Post
    When there were no guns, people would kill each other with knives. When there were no knives people would kill each other with sticks.
    Fortunately, the UK is developing state of the art anti-stabbing technology that will probably be imposed on it's citizens someday.

BBC NEWS | UK | Magazine | How do 'anti-stab' knives work?

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I will reiterate: inanimate objects cannot be good or evil. . .

they can be really cool, though, like this Ruger KP944.
    Totally. Or this custom built stainless steel-lower M16A1 w/ aimpoint & suppressor

Unfortunately, no gun comes built-in with common sense.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    ESFJ

One thing I found out after moving to L.A.: a lot of the coolest weaponry is illegal, as are most fun accessories. However, every LAPD patrol car has an AR-15 standard.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INTP

lol, I just looked at the poll results. They resemble a certain "international gesture".

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

IMO the poll choices were too confined. It's as if I'm voting in the presidential election all over again.

"Let's see... FUCK that choice... that one does not represent my interests either... this one is just silly..."
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    INTP

One thing I found out after moving to L.A.: a lot of the coolest weaponry is illegal, as are most fun accessories. However, every LAPD patrol car has an AR-15 standard.
    Oh yes. They can have them, but law-abiding citizens can't. And criminals can have them too. Totally makes sense. In other news: driving is dangerous too, and kills more... awe fuck it, it's like arguing abortion with christian fundamentalists.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Oh yes. They can have them, but law-abiding citizens can't. And criminals can have them too. Totally makes sense. In other news: driving is dangerous too, and kills more... awe fuck it, it's like arguing abortion with christian fundamentalists.

Supposedly, they got the AR-15s after the North Hollywood Shootout. I'm torn, because I am pro-gun rights, but I also see what irresponsible idiots dwell in this city. I think they should just make the penalties for gun crimes/negligence harsher. If you know that careless use of your firearm will land you in prison for years, you'll invest in a gun locker and some safety lessons.

MBTI
    INTP

Supposedly, they got the AR-15s after the North Hollywood Shootout.
    You are correct, at least in the case of the LAPD. Before that there were "elite units" (aka SWAT, etc) that were regularly deployed with assault rifles, but the North Hollywood Shootout solidified deployment to regular units.

I'm torn, because I am pro-gun rights, but I also see what irresponsible idiots dwell in this city. I think they should just make the penalties for gun crimes/negligence harsher. If you know that careless use of your firearm will land you in prison for years, you'll invest in a gun locker and some safety lessons.
    I'm new here (and thus don't have perspective on you and/or your "ESFJ-ness"), but this is one of the most reasonable, balanced and well, non-stereotypical-ESFJ posts I've ever read.

MBTI
    ESFJ

You are correct, at least in the case of the LAPD. Before that there were "elite units" (aka SWAT, etc) that were regularly deployed with assault rifles, but the North Hollywood Shootout solidified deployment to regular units.
    That was an incredibly scary incident, but also really cool when you think about the time and effort those criminals put into that job.

I'm new here (and thus don't have perspective on you and/or your "ESFJ-ness"), but this is one of the most reasonable, balanced and well, non-stereotypical-ESFJ posts I've ever read.
    My S and N are pretty much 50-50. I've tested as every ExxJ combo there is, but ESFJ most often. I am also a moderate-but-committed libertarian, if you believe that isn't an oxymoron.

MBTI
    INTP

That was an incredibly scary incident, but also really cool when you think about the time and effort those criminals put into that job.
    I think the documentary is on YouTube. They somehow smuggled steel tipped ammunition in from Romania and handmade custom bullet-proof suits or something. So the bullets went right through vehicles, concrete etc and the police couldn't hit them with their crappy 9mm/shotguns.

I hear California is the bank robbing capital of the US despite having among the strictest laws.