User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should civilians be permitted to own guns?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • NO! Guns are EVIL and serve no good purpose.

    21 15.67%
  • YES! Guns are USEFUL and are nice to have when you need them.

    79 58.96%
  • Maybe... I wouldn't own one, but I don't mind if you do.

    30 22.39%
  • What's a gun?

    4 2.99%
First 26343536373846 Last

Results 351 to 360 of 527

  1. #351
    o edward cullen! Ardea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    What the hell is the big deal with what FemmeUrbane is saying?! Guns have one use, and one use only: to kill. Killing is evil. Therefore, it is evil to use a gun... or you can say guns are evil, but that isn't strictly correct.

    OK, so this argument isn't proof, it's an opinion as others have said. First, guns have other uses than killing (even though the original intent behind the invention was to kill). For example, target practice... it's an olympic sport
    Second, killing isn't inherently evil. The intent behind killing isn't necessarily evil (ex. killing a wild boar to feed one's family).

    Lastly, can we be done with this "logic" and "proof" crap? EVIL is not a logical judgement. It's an opinion of sorts.
    YOU GET IT!

    I LIKE YOU TOO!
    Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  2. #352
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FemmeUrbane View Post
    SECRET: Logic can be used to prove almost anything.
    This is the kind of thing people unskilled at reason say every chance they get. You're not the first, maybe the thirty millionth.

    It's patently untrue, because unless your premises are true, your conclusions are invalid.

  3. #353
    o edward cullen! Ardea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    This is the kind of thing people unskilled at reason say every chance they get. You're not the first, maybe the thirty millionth.

    It's patently untrue, because unless your premises are true, your conclusions are invalid.
    Aww! Does someone need a hug?

    ((didn't anyone notice my perhaps, maybe, infered, etc usage?))
    Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #354
    o edward cullen! Ardea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Ergo we determine purpose ourselves. Ergo a gun has no purpose, the crafter may have a purpose but this is the superseded by the user. Ergo your argument is logically flawed due to not keeping any causal link.

    Actually no. I'm just assuming you're using the word "purpose" erroneously. I cannot see how you could be both intelligent enough to infuriate people and yet myopic enough to use that word deliberately.

    There again I am an INTP and I focus on such things and you are an ENTP and are most probably arguing because it's more fun than TV or simply stating and leaving.
    You're probably right on a lot of these things...
    Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #355
    I'm a star. Kangirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,470

    Default

    YES!! Down with logic!

    But everything I've said was logical!

    ???
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

    "please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

  6. #356
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FemmeUrbane View Post
    Aww! Does someone need a hug?

    ((didn't anyone notice my perhaps, maybe, infered, etc usage?))
    No thank you.

    I'm not sure what your parenthetical statement means to say, except perhaps it's a claim that you were redefining language as you wished, and were therefore never wrong.

    I might take issue with that.

    It seems, since you've agreed with someone who said your stance is opinion, and not logical, that you admit I've been correct in saying so, for two days. Is that right?

  7. #357
    o edward cullen! Ardea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    No thank you.

    I'm not sure what your parenthetical statement means to say, except perhaps it's a claim that you were redefining language as you wished, and were therefore never wrong.

    I might take issue with that.

    It seems, since you've agreed with someone who said your stance is opinion, and not logical, that you admit I've been correct in saying so, for two days. Is that right?
    Like I would give into an INTP who's so easily worked up? NEVA!!!!!!!!
    Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  8. #358
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FemmeUrbane View Post
    Like I would give into an INTP who's so easily worked up? NEVA!!!!!!!!
    You're projecting.


  9. #359
    I'm a star. Kangirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,470

    Default

    Like I would give into an INTP who's so easily worked up? NEVA!!!!!!!!
    Translation: "Yes, you're correct, Mr. Flak. I am, however, getting too much attention and enjoyment from this thread to let this interfere. Please go back to being irritated. It pleases me."

    I think this conversation can be officially declared pointless.

    My opinion, for the record: guns are neither good nor evil.

    Off to seek cupcakes...
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

    "please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

  10. #360
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    Translation: "Yes, you're correct, Mr. Flak. I am, however, getting too much attention and enjoyment from this thread to let this interfere. Please go back to being irritated. It pleases me."

    I think this conversation can be officially declared pointless.

    My opinion, for the record: guns are neither good nor evil.

    Off to seek cupcakes...
    Hmmm, maybe I'll make some blueberry muffins.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Similar Threads

  1. [NF] Quote Thread: Express your feelings or thoughts with a quote
    By Sparrow in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 412
    Last Post: 12-03-2017, 12:20 AM
  2. The Random Movie Quote Thread
    By asynartetic in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 220
    Last Post: 12-02-2017, 10:31 PM
  3. Your self-perception vs the way you are perceived by others?
    By Verona in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 07-22-2017, 11:13 AM
  4. Random Quote Thread
    By Queen Kat in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-12-2011, 09:51 AM
  5. Long - the quotes of lovable larrikin, Nobel physicist Richard Feynman
    By InsatiableCuriosity in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-02-2010, 11:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO