User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should civilians be permitted to own guns?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • NO! Guns are EVIL and serve no good purpose.

    21 15.67%
  • YES! Guns are USEFUL and are nice to have when you need them.

    79 58.96%
  • Maybe... I wouldn't own one, but I don't mind if you do.

    30 22.39%
  • What's a gun?

    4 2.99%
First 23313233343543 Last

Results 321 to 330 of 527

  1. #321
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FemmeUrbane View Post
    All I said that there is a possible third option.
    1. A
    2. B
    3. ~A, ~B
    It just occured to you that someone could see guns as neither good nor evil?

    That's what everyone but you has been saying the entire time.

  2. #322
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FemmeUrbane View Post
    That is why we argue. We can only conclude, using various pieces of information...

    On the other hand... we know we were meant to do SOME THINGS. Eating... we have mouths. If we didn't eat, we'd die.
    Death is wrong? How so?

    On what emotional preference did you come up with that one from?
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  3. #323
    I'm a star. Kangirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,470

    Default

    That is why we argue. We can only conclude, using various pieces of information...

    On the other hand... we know we were meant to do SOME THINGS. Eating... we have mouths. If we didn't eat, we'd die.
    Hey, I'll play the argument game. But there's no solid conclusion to come to regarding what humans are 'meant' to do - we can shoot the shit about it and have feelings about it, but no side has any way of proving it.

    So...mouths can also bite. And kiss. Am I meant to bite and kiss people/things? Some mouths can whistle with fingers in them. Are these people meant to whistle this way? Am I not meant to, because I can't, no matter how hard I try? I dunno, it does seem kind of meaningless to discuss this.

    All I said that there is a possible third option.
    No way! *I* said it! And *I* want the prize. And I would like the prize to be a cupcake.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

    "please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

  4. #324
    o edward cullen! Ardea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    It just occured to you that someone could see guns as neither good nor evil?

    That's what everyone but you has been saying the entire time.
    I wasn't arguing about people's opinions. I was arguing my argument...

    And "EVERYONE" has been arguing different things.
    Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #325
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FemmeUrbane View Post
    I wasn't arguing about people's opinions. I was arguing my argument...

    And "EVERYONE" has been arguing different things.
    Without reading the thread since you first posted again, because that would be boring, I can be pretty sure that no one but you has said that guns are inherently good or evil.

  6. #326
    o edward cullen! Ardea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    Hey, I'll play the argument game. But there's no solid conclusion to come to regarding what humans are 'meant' to do - we can shoot the shit about it and have feelings about it, but no side has any way of proving it.

    So...mouths can also bite. And kiss. Am I meant to bite and kiss people/things? Some mouths can whistle with fingers in them. Are these people meant to whistle this way? Am I not meant to, because I can't, no matter how hard I try? I dunno, it does seem kind of meaningless to discuss this.



    No way! *I* said it! And *I* want the prize. And I would like the prize to be a cupcake.
    You're jumping guns (lol). Baby steps, hun. We have mouths. What else do we have? What are the IMMEDIATELY KNOWN PURPOSES OF THESE BODILY THINGS? Build from there.

    The thread is about the good/evilness of guns. Well, how do we find out? All we can do is... argue...
    Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #327
    I'm a star. Kangirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,470

    Default

    OK. Can has answers plz?

    1. Do you believe it is possible to logically and finally conclude what human beings are 'meant' to do? Yes or no?

    2. If no, why are you using the 'meant to' argument to bolster your guns argument? If yes, can you spell out how you came to this answer? Not with examples, just spell it out plainly - how can we know what humans are 'meant' to do?
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

    "please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

  8. #328
    o edward cullen! Ardea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Without reading the thread since you first posted again, because that would be boring, I can be pretty sure that no one but you has said that guns are inherently good or evil.
    So... what is your point?

    I argued something. [and made some people mad]

    So what?

    It COULD be possible that they are neither... but that is not my argument. That is not how I perceive things. That is not my argument.
    Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  9. #329
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FemmeUrbane View Post
    The thread is about the good/evilness of guns. Well, how do we find out? All we can do is... argue...
    No, that's what those of rational minds do, they discuss pros and cons, and make decisions based on the data acquired. You, on the other hand, start off with a conclusion based on your emotional inclination, and won't allow it to be changed, regardless of what's shown to you. You trust your instinct more than all the data in the world. They're very different styles.

  10. #330
    o edward cullen! Ardea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    OK. Can has answers plz?

    1. Do you believe it is possible to logically and finally conclude what human beings are 'meant' to do? Yes or no?
    I'm sure we'll find some answers... yes. I am pretty positive that, given the number of people on Earth, and the number of years people have existed, we can find SOME reasons. The odds are in favor.

    2. If no, why are you using the 'meant to' argument to bolster your guns argument? If yes, can you spell out how you came to this answer? Not with examples, just spell it out plainly - how can we know what humans are 'meant' to do?
    Trial and error. Arguments.
    Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Similar Threads

  1. [NF] Quote Thread: Express your feelings or thoughts with a quote
    By Sparrow in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 412
    Last Post: 12-03-2017, 12:20 AM
  2. The Random Movie Quote Thread
    By asynartetic in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 220
    Last Post: 12-02-2017, 10:31 PM
  3. Your self-perception vs the way you are perceived by others?
    By Verona in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 07-22-2017, 11:13 AM
  4. Random Quote Thread
    By Queen Kat in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-12-2011, 09:51 AM
  5. Long - the quotes of lovable larrikin, Nobel physicist Richard Feynman
    By InsatiableCuriosity in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-02-2010, 11:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO