User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should civilians be permitted to own guns?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • NO! Guns are EVIL and serve no good purpose.

    21 15.67%
  • YES! Guns are USEFUL and are nice to have when you need them.

    79 58.96%
  • Maybe... I wouldn't own one, but I don't mind if you do.

    30 22.39%
  • What's a gun?

    4 2.99%
First 13212223242533 Last

Results 221 to 230 of 527

  1. #221
    o edward cullen! Ardea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    That is psychologically false btw. Monogamy is a societal construct, useful for keeping in order who raises what child.
    That would create a need for monogamy, would it not? Raising a child...

    If humans were created/evolved/whatev to continue their population, they would naturally be inclined to do so, right? You see how this will continue...?
    Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  2. #222
    Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FemmeUrbane View Post
    Is it just me, or did you really just fly by all your linkages within your comment...?

    Urge to have sex ---> urge to have kids
    Urge to have sex with hot women ---> urge to have kids [with fertile female, which increases the change you'll have sex]
    You don't have sex with all these hot women because you need a job... rape would probably negate this... and this is not the best way to form a family... as 100000 women would be hard to provide for with their 100000 kids. Right?

    Come on. Think a little!
    The point of sex is to get as many kids out there as I can. That's why I don't have to wait 9 months to have another one. And who says they're all from the same mother. Maybe I picked the best ones. The fact remains: I made examples using the structure of your argument, and the conclusions I have reached using your logic you disagree with, but you can't say that because it means your gun argument is wrong.



  3. #223
    I am Sofa King!!! kendoiwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    IsTP
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FemmeUrbane View Post
    That would create a need for monogamy, would it not? Raising a child...

    If humans were created/evolved/whatev to continue their population, they would naturally be inclined to do so, right? You see how this will continue...?
    A: The existence of something do not dictate the need for it.

    B: Facts and examples

    Apparently, men are built for variety. Interpersonal relationships & romance aside: as a SPECIES, we're not "built" for monogamy. Blews goes on to say that men cheat for ego, whereas women cheat for nurture. Women are more likely, he says, to marry the man who can provide a house, food, and education for a child, but the father of that child might secretly be the gardener or the poolboy, because he's biologically more appealing. A startling statistic: according to Blews, 1 in 10 babies is not born to its real father, which means that 1 in 10 women are lying! (His source = Worldwide blood tests). All of this leads back to the notion that monogamy is not "normal" for us as a species.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

    "They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

  4. #224
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FemmeUrbane View Post
    I just said I was curious about guns... how can you say that I said I don't like them?
    *falls out of chair* This is why certain people shouldn't get involved in political discussions.

    More than anything else here, you've equated guns with evil.

    I debated a logical point.
    No you didn't. You stated an opinion.

    I have yet to see you do the same.
    Here.

    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...archid=1039359

  5. #225
    o edward cullen! Ardea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    The point of sex is to get as many kids out there as I can. That's why I don't have to wait 9 months to have another one. And who says they're all from the same mother. Maybe I picked the best ones. The fact remains: I made examples using the structure of your argument, and the conclusions I have reached using your logic you disagree with, but you can't say that because it means your gun argument is wrong.
    You're kinda right, but your argument has too many FACT holes - biology and psychology, mostly.

    My argument was very simple, your argument went a bit too broad.
    Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #226
    I am Sofa King!!! kendoiwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    IsTP
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FemmeUrbane View Post
    You're kinda right, but your argument has too many FACT holes - biology and psychology, mostly.

    My argument was very simple, your argument went a bit too broad.
    ACTUALLY biologically his argument is quite sound. Psychologically too. (See my above post) It is only culturally that you can find fault with what he proposed...
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

    "They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

  7. #227
    o edward cullen! Ardea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    *falls out of chair* This is why certain people shouldn't get involved in political discussions.

    More than anything else here, you've equated guns with evil.


    No you didn't. You stated an opinion.


    Here.

    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...archid=1039359
    Have you ever taken a philosophy class? IE looking at the nature of things...? I used several very easy premises, and was able to establish a sound argument, based on a few simple philosophical methods.

    And thank you. You've helped me realize that am, in fact, an ENTP.
    Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  8. #228
    o edward cullen! Ardea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    ACTUALLY biologically his argument is quite sound. Psychologically too. (See my above post) It is only culturally that you can find fault with what he proposed...
    Pics or it didn't happen. (read: proof please - let's analyze this together! )
    Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  9. #229
    o edward cullen! Ardea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    A: The existence of something do not dictate the need for it.

    B: Facts and examples
    So... 9 in 10 are... which proves that monogamy is natural...
    Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #230
    I am Sofa King!!! kendoiwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    IsTP
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FemmeUrbane View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen. (read: proof please - let's analyze this together! )
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...9-post223.html

    Lets READ
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

    "They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

Similar Threads

  1. [NF] Quote Thread: Express your feelings or thoughts with a quote
    By Sparrow in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 412
    Last Post: 12-03-2017, 12:20 AM
  2. The Random Movie Quote Thread
    By asynartetic in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 220
    Last Post: 12-02-2017, 10:31 PM
  3. Your self-perception vs the way you are perceived by others?
    By Verona in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 07-22-2017, 11:13 AM
  4. Random Quote Thread
    By Queen Kat in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-12-2011, 09:51 AM
  5. Long - the quotes of lovable larrikin, Nobel physicist Richard Feynman
    By InsatiableCuriosity in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-02-2010, 11:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO