User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should civilians be permitted to own guns?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • NO! Guns are EVIL and serve no good purpose.

21 15.67%
  • YES! Guns are USEFUL and are nice to have when you need them.

79 58.96%
  • Maybe... I wouldn't own one, but I don't mind if you do.

30 22.39%
  • What's a gun?

4 2.99%
First 11192021222331 Last

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by FemmeUrbane View Post
    Let's analyze these killers, shall we. Are these "mentally healthy" people? Or are they... unhealthy...? And the first one is still hard, right? Right.

Less death is still death, hun. Sorry.
    Not the fault of the gun that people die in war. Now you're going from are guns evil to is death evil. Death is not evil. Neither is war. People die. Every living creature goes to war at some point for some reason or another, as conflict is inherent to life.

The first one is hard because of socialization that tells us it's bad, but once you do it, like most other rules being broken for the first time, you realize society is full of crap.

Also if you're going to define anyone whose has killed as mentally unhealthy there's no point in discussing this with you. Now you're superimposing your values onto all of us contrary to your claim not to be doing so.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I've been spewing out LOGICAL arguments for the past 2 hours. Maybe you should read my signature - ENXP - I've typed ENTP more times than I care to think of, but this is not the point. My argument is still logically sound: Guns are evil because their intent is to kill, and humans weren't meant to kill. My like or dislike has nothing to do with the intention of a gun. Nor is my argument a recommendation about what to do in the real world. It is simply an analysis of whether guns are good or evil.

Good and evil are abstract notions. Or did you forget?
    Your argument is about as much of an analysis as a sidewalk is a skyscraper. It doesn't take logic or wit or effort to dislike something, thank goodness for you.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Everyone dies exactly once. Net losses from guns: Zero.
    Your point is...?
    Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Also, by your logic, it can be argued humans aren't supposed to be monogamous, but we do it anyways.

Marriage is evil.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    Not the fault of the gun that people die in war. Now you're going from are guns evil to is death evil. Death is not evil. Neither is war. People die. Every living creature goes to war at some point for some reason or another, as conflict is inherent to life.

The first one is hard because of socialization that tells us it's bad, but once you do it, like most other rules being broken for the first time, you realize society is full of crap.
    Go back to the argument, and don't just rip apart one sentence that describes that argument. That is a cheap way of trying to pwn someone. Very O'Reilly.

Also if you're going to define anyone whose has killed as mentally unhealthy there's no point in discussing this with you. Now you're superimposing your values onto all of us contrary to your claim not to be doing so.
    When did I say that? You said killers, right? You insinuated something like death row murderers... right? You haven't given more information. Let's break it down. Who are the ones saying that the first kill is hard, but it gets easier?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Also, by your logic, it can be argued humans aren't supposed to be monogamous, but we do it anyways.

Marriage is evil.
    Don't be ridiculous.

By my logic, because humans have monogamous feelings (jealousy, fulfillment with one person, etc), it insinuates a need for monogamy.

Anyway, what does marriage have to do with guns?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Your argument is about as much of an analysis as a sidewalk is a skyscraper. It doesn't take logic or wit or effort to dislike something, thank goodness for you.
    What is your point?

All you're proving is that you don't like me or what I have to say. Possibly not wanting to understand/listen to my argument, and only want to tear it down... but hey... that's not the point here.

Please, what's your point?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    IsTP

Go back to the argument, and don't just rip apart one sentence that describes that argument. That is a cheap way of trying to pwn someone. Very O'Reilly.
    I'm not sure what you're arguing any more. First you go hand to hand is more civilized. I counter, your more "civilized" method leads to more death than your supposed less "civilized" method. As people will war with or without guns, I'm arguing that less deaths in war is a good thing. You countered death is death...

When did I say that? You said killers, right? You insinuated something like death row murderers... right? You haven't given more information. Let's break it down. Who are the ones saying that the first kill is hard, but it gets easier?
    I didn't insinuate, you assumed. I said killers. As in anyone who has killed. Cops, soldiers, gang bangers, whoever. Anyone who has killed and isn't on t.v. (where they have to be p.c.) will tell you the same thing.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

Banned
    MBTI
    type

What is your point?

All you're proving is that you don't like me or what I have to say. Possibly not wanting to understand/listen to my argument, and only want to tear it down... but hey... that's not the point here.

Please, what's your point?
    Jesus H. Christmas Carolers.

That's the point of arguments, you toss them out there, and people get to destroy them if they want to. Which I and others have already done to yours, believe me. You don't see it, because you're using the part of your brain which Just knows it's right, because you feel it so strongly. 'S called F, FYI.

Being that I've already explained why your position is silly (Again, as others have too), I don't think I'll make progress with you by doing it again. Adios.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    I'm not sure what you're arguing any more. First you go hand to hand is more civilized. I counter, your more "civilized" method leads to more death than your supposed less "civilized" method. As people will war with or without guns, I'm arguing that less deaths in war is a good thing. You countered death is death...
    I provided a reason as to why I believed that hand to hand was more civilized: it kept the intimate/human aspect in killing. Guns subtract that element - it can be distant. Again, this is semantics.

And yes, less casualties is a good thing. However, it is still casualties. It does not change the nature/original intent of guns because it is still casualties.

I didn't insinuate, you assumed. I said killers. As in anyone who has killed. Cops, soldiers, gang bangers, whoever. Anyone who has killed and isn't on t.v. (where they have to be p.c.) will tell you the same thing.
    That's why I was asking questions about these people. This isn't common knowledge. Killing people isn't a mundane occurrence for most of us.

I still highly doubt this is a fact... you can become desensitized... but the effect is still there, I would think.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]