User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should civilians be permitted to own guns?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • NO! Guns are EVIL and serve no good purpose.

21 15.67%
  • YES! Guns are USEFUL and are nice to have when you need them.

79 58.96%
  • Maybe... I wouldn't own one, but I don't mind if you do.

30 22.39%
  • What's a gun?

4 2.99%
First 4121314151624 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    The sociologist Robert Putnam also did a study showing this as well:

The American Conservative -- Fragmented Future

This is why I don't buy into the whole creed of "diversity" in contemporary multiculturalism.

During the primaries; it was shown that whites who lived in more raciall homogenous areas were more likely to vote for Obama, while whites who lived in more racially mixed areas tended to vote for Hillary.
    Interesting quotes.
    ....Before Putnam hid his study away, his research had appeared on March 1, 2001 in a Los Angeles Times article entitled “Love Thy Neighbor? Not in L.A.” Reporter Peter Y. Hong recounted, “Those who live in more homogeneous places, such as New Hampshire, Montana or Lewiston, Maine, do more with friends and are more involved in community affairs or politics than residents of more cosmopolitan areas, the study said.”....
    Interesting that they mention Lewiston, Maine because since an influx of about 3,000 Somalians into a predominantly Franco-American community, things haven't been so homogenous.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

this is why im a pseudo pacifist. i am undecided about guns.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    OMNi

My position on this issue is that people who choose to own guns should be held responsible for them. A gun is not a moral entity. It is not good or evil. It has no character, nor any mental capacity by which to make judgments of what is right or wrong. A gun is a tool.

Those who cannot be held responsible should not be allowed to own guns. That means children, the mentally ill, and those who have criminally proven they can't be trusted with the responsibility of a gun, should not be allowed to own guns. Otherwise, anyone who is willing to face the potential consequences of owning a gun, should be permitted to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    INTJ

When his cock is bust, this man strokes his gun:

BBC NEWS | Europe | Sex shop shooting 'follows row'

Banned
    MBTI
    type

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Well if that isn't an ESTJ, I don't know what is.

I gotta say though. A lot of those hicks are tenacious bastards. I bet it was a bitch to beat them in the Civil War. No wonder Sherman had to burn the whole damn state down.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    My position on this issue is that people who choose to own guns should be held responsible for them. A gun is not a moral entity. It is not good or evil. It has no character, nor any mental capacity by which to make judgments of what is right or wrong. A gun is a tool.

Those who cannot be held responsible should not be allowed to own guns. That means children, the mentally ill, and those who have criminally proven they can't be trusted with the responsibility of a gun, should not be allowed to own guns. Otherwise, anyone who is willing to face the potential consequences of owning a gun, should be permitted to do so.
    Hooray Kiddo. I've been away, but the first thing to jump into my mind when I read this thread title was "Inanimate objects can be neither good nor evil."
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Without Guns, our world would'nt be as great as it is today..think about it.

I would like to add that I, infact, do own two guns, which I keep on me at all times, and won't be afraid to pull of my sleeve if things get...interesting..
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Without Guns, our world would'nt be as great as it is today..think about it.

I would like to add that I, infact, do own two guns, which I keep on me at all times, and won't be afraid to pull of my sleeve if things get...interesting..
    I happen to like guns quite a bit myself (although I own none at the moment), and I am a zealous supporter of Second Amendment rights. However, many people do not like guns and they avoid them, which is fine. Some people (not just the insane, underage, or felonious, just regular people) shouldn't handle guns. Owning a firearm is an awesome responsibility, and it should be undertaken by the serious.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

There is something that seems so wrong to me about an object whose purpose is taking life. The objective behind the gun is death, or at the very least SEVERE pain.

It doesn't matter how it's used (the situations/scenarios)... the objective/purpose remains the same.

This does not seem like a power that we, as humans, should have. It seems so unnatural to me.

The idea of keeping guns "out of the wrong hands" seems a bit convoluted, too. So far, this has failed.
    Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]