User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should civilians be permitted to own guns?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • NO! Guns are EVIL and serve no good purpose.

    21 15.67%
  • YES! Guns are USEFUL and are nice to have when you need them.

    79 58.96%
  • Maybe... I wouldn't own one, but I don't mind if you do.

    30 22.39%
  • What's a gun?

    4 2.99%
First 91011121321 Last

Results 101 to 110 of 527

  1. #101
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INxJ
    Posts
    3,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    I like to have the option of gun ownership if I ever feel it's necessary for self defense. It's a great equalizer against predators of all species.
    Agreed.

    Yet, the license procedure should be extremely thorough. More than it currently is at present date.

  2. #102
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    1,650

    Default

    Although I think a tough licensing scheme would be good, I'm concerned that there might be an agenda to take baby steps toward a total ban.

  3. #103
    IRL is not real Cimarron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    3,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    I like to have the option of gun ownership if I ever feel it's necessary for self defense. It's a great equalizer against predators of all species.
    This is good, because it means we agree in principle. Now just clear up the details, and we have a set of fair laws.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

  4. #104
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    Guns don't kill. People do.

  5. #105
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Guns don't kill. People do.
    WRONG. Guns don't kill people, Chuck Norris does .

  6. #106
    Senior Member Darjur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Guns don't kill. People do.
    Guns don't kill. People do, but a gun in their hands helps a fuckton or so suppose.

  7. #107
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Guns don't kill. People do.
    Bluemonday has covered this point already methinks;

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    the National Rifle Association says that, "Guns don't kill people, people do,” but I think the gun helps, you know? I think it helps.
    I just think just standing there going, "Bang!" That's not going to kill too many people, is it?
    - Eddie Izzard

  8. #108
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Another point:

    [youtube=lvV3gr_vinE]>[/youtube]

  9. #109
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Guns don't kill. People do.
    And monkeys do too (if they have a gun).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  10. #110
    Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Since guns were banned here we have had not one, not one gun massacre.

    However the National Rifle Association have been distributing their propaganda here with some success, so much so that the State of New South Wales has started to water down the gun control laws.

    However Islamic terrorists have been caught planning and preparing to kill large numbers of us with guns and bombs. We know this because they have been brought before our Criminal Courts and convicted and sentenced.

    So the National Rifle Association is aiding and abetting the enemy within.
    Wow, I was unaware the NRA is a distributor to terrorists!

    Come on Victor. At least have your arguments make sense, and don't rely on outrageous claims and associations to make your point. It just makes your argument that much more ridiculous.



Similar Threads

  1. [NF] Quote Thread: Express your feelings or thoughts with a quote
    By Sparrow in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 412
    Last Post: 12-03-2017, 12:20 AM
  2. The Random Movie Quote Thread
    By asynartetic in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 220
    Last Post: 12-02-2017, 10:31 PM
  3. Your self-perception vs the way you are perceived by others?
    By Verona in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 07-22-2017, 11:13 AM
  4. Random Quote Thread
    By Queen Kat in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-12-2011, 09:51 AM
  5. Long - the quotes of lovable larrikin, Nobel physicist Richard Feynman
    By InsatiableCuriosity in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-02-2010, 11:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO