User Tag List

View Poll Results: What would you think of a North American Union?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would LOVE it, bring it on!

0 0%
  • I would like it.

1 3.70%
  • I wouldn't know what to think about it.

3 11.11%
  • I would be disturbed by it.

7 25.93%
  • I would be deeply disturbed by it.

16 59.26%
  • I hate polls

0 0%
First 678

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Back to the OP,

I really hope that this is not real;

Undercover cops tried to incite violence in Montebello: union leader

Cause some small part of me hopes the world hasn't changed that much.
    Well, wonderful. That is what happened.

YouTube - quebec police admit going undercover at montebello protests

My world died a little today.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post

My world died a little today.
    This was expected by most of the people watching these events. (i.e. the tin foil benie crowd) The thing that always blows me away in these stories is when the authorities admit to it.

Well anyway, I feel so much safer about the whole thing now after watching Bush on C-Span assuring me that anyone who sees anything nefarious in these SPP meetings is just a wacko conspriacy theorist. I saw him say it during the SPP press briefing on C-SPAN, but here is an article that talks about it. C-SPAN is like the last vestiage of truth in media, you can see what happens as it happens. Just the bare bones.

[quote]SPP Summit Wrap-up: Bush Suggests Critics are "Conspiracy Theorists"..
    By JBS Staff
    Published: 2007-08-21 16:20

UPDATE 3 -- President Bush Suggests SPP Critics are "Conspiracy Theorists"
    President Bush was asked by reporters today whether secretive SPP meetings like that ending today at Montebello are, in fact, efforts aimed at building a North American Union. The President refused to answer the question directly, but derided critics as peddling conspiracy theories. "You know, there are some who would like to frighten our fellow citizens into believing that relations between us are harmful for our respective peoples," Bush said. "And I'm amused by some of the speculation, some of the old – you can call them political scare tactics. If you've been in politics as long as I have, you get used to that kind of technique where you lay out a conspiracy and then force people to try to prove it doesn't exist."

The president said that such criticism is coming from people who "are not engaged." But the president's choice to ridicule the opposition rather than honestly answer the question struck some as odd. Such tactics, said WorldNetDaily reporter Jerome Corsi, "underestimate the intelligence of people listening, and people realize that the argument wasn't answered." Corsi continued: "Just to ridicule the idea, when he had a chance to categorically deny it, raises doubts in peoples' minds, especially when these meetings aren't transparent."

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    This was expected by most of the people watching these events. (i.e. the tin foil benie crowd) The thing that always blows me away in these stories is when the authorities admit to it.
    I think they had no choice. So much was captured by the protestors, including a face. It was a matter of time.

They played it right - say "no no no, not us!" then issue a quiet press release saying "Yah, ok, it was us". The alternative was to have "no no no" then "late breaking news, police officer identified!".