User Tag List

First 172526272829 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I think it's all relative, and that it's generally all evenly distributed- it's archetypes..people from different sides of the world can have the exact same personality and be living in completely different environments. It relates to Carl Jung's Collective Unconscious.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Few times I heard that atheist are quite distrusted minority in most parts of USA.

Is that true?
    Yes, to an extent.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Few times I heard that atheist are quite distrusted minority in most parts of USA. Is that true?
    In areas. Particularly the deep south and probably the midwest, where the population is much more religious and conservative. Here in the northeast, where I live, it still gets noticed a bit, but isn't a big deal, nor has it affected me socially.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I think in the end, the main difference is and that's perfectly ok to say so that europeans just got the bigger dicks. I mean we make no great story out of it and we still like you, it's just you know , once you are special you see things differently .
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I think in the end, the main difference is and that's perfectly ok to say so that europeans just got the bigger dicks. I mean we make no great story out of it and we still like you, it's just you know , once you are special you see things differently .
    So you're saying that Africans and Mexicans have the smaller dicks? Interesting theory. But you know, it's not exactly helping your fellow countrymen when you constantly undermine their efforts to break the stereotypes of Germans being absurdly racist.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    In areas. Particularly the deep south and probably the midwest, where the population is much more religious and conservative. Here in the northeast, where I live, it still gets noticed a bit, but isn't a big deal, nor has it affected me socially.
    Where I live in the South of England, people are apologetic if they are religious.

In fact just yesterday, someone said to me "So-and-so is religious.. you know.. goes to church. But.. she's ok. Still quite normal".

So, there is bigotry on all sides.

In my country more people were religious in the time of communism then now. Since back then there was more charm to it.

I would dare to say that I am an ousider on this forum. Which is because English is not my native language. But when it comes to political sphere there is something I don't understand. It is the additude toward the idea of government. So I will post some of my opinions and people are free to reply
    however they want.

What I don't undersand is why people treat their (in this case US government) as some foreign entity.
    I mean it is your own goverment why so much disregard toward it ?
    However I admit that US government has some bad traits if you take a look at last couple of decades. But that is probably because there is no real investment it (I am not talking about the money).
    The government is defined as necessary evil instead of something usefull.
    As far as I know many things in the US are related to taxes on some way or another. But most people seems to hate them. What is understandable.
    But why people can't think of them as an investment ?
    Since that is what they are or to be precice that is what they should be.
    The most obvious argument for this approach is health. Since it does not make any sense that "the greatest superpower in history" is unable to keep its people healthy. The right to have a healthy life is one of the most basic human rights. So if you don't have it then it becomes questionable how much you are really free.
    People are usually scared of medical problems. What means that if you force them to pay a lot to come into a sitation to face their fears the majority will just look the other way. Since the whole problem look like more trouble then it is worth. Especially if you bombard them with "you are free to choose" all the time.

On the other hand once you have a nation that is healthy health is not so expensive anymore plus the productivity goes up. If nothing the amount of unhapply people will probably drop because of this.
    But for this you need to invest in quality of government. You don't even need to have a huge goverment to have a goverment that can pull this off.

On the other hand you have people who are "obsessed" with how government does not respect constitution. To be fully honest with you I think this is quite logical. The constitution is very old and it can't regulate many things that exist in the modern world. Let's face it this constitution does not fully fit the country that makes half of the worlds military budget. Many think that this is none sense as well. To some degree it since that is too much much money to be spend on something like this.

I think that 2/3 of that money are enough to make very similar efect.
    It look to me that people fail to realize that US has so much wealth exactly because of its military power. Since this army ensures that you have have enough resources and that everybody do business with you.
    In a moment when you don't have that power anymore the rules of the game will change.

On the otherhand people want "freedom" and less control. What leads to loss of freedom in the end. It is a public knowledge that in Washington there are thousands and thousands of lobbyists. To be honest I find this fact to be scandalous. People are obsessed with conspiracy theories and the possibliies. But they tend to overlook something so obvious. The thing is that if you have all those lobists overthere. You can't have a real democracy. (by definition)
    Since the whole point is that someones interests are damadging the freedom of majority. No to mention that many of those lobists are foreigners. (so much about national security)

The only way to fix this is by investing in the qualty of government. I simply don't see the other way to get what you want. In the case that I know what you really want.

I am simply trying to understand your logic and why you behave the way you do as a nation. Nothing more. I am not trying to prove that life in Europe is the excellent. Since that is not true

MBTI
    ENTJ

Disclaimer: I'm not an expert on US history, feel free to correct me if I've got something wrong.

AO - the American take on government has always interested me, too. I've gone from thinking it was a basically crackpot idea (suspicious of your own government? why? they're there to help!) to thinking it's actually quite healthy, as long as one doesn't take it so far as to move to Montana, build up an arsenal and spend all day on a hilltop scouting for black helicopters. Is it not true that a certain skepticism of government is built into the American consciousness, and has been right from the beginning? The founders of the US clearly and repeatedly hint at/state their position - the power belongs to the people, and there must be constant vigilance to make sure it stays this way. Is the 2nd amendment a good example of this? Protecting against a tyrant government? I guess it's just, in my case, increasing skepticism as I get older. I look at the European attitude towards government and find it naive sometimes. Why assume these people (the gov't) are there to help us? It seems a lot of the time like they're there to help themselves, and their buddies. I look at what's going on in the UK with their ever-increasing surveillance systems*, their proposed ID cards etc., and it surprises me that there's not more of a reaction against it. Is this related to a cultural difference between how gov't is perceived? To the fact that the UK lacks an actual hard document constitution? Is the UK even a good example, given that it occupies this weird space apart from Europe AND the US (again, in my mind)?

*It's now illegal in the UK to film the police when they're working. So, for example, that recent footage that came out of the police hitting that uninvolved-in-the-protest dude with the baton and shoving him onto the ground is/was technically illegally taken? Would a law like that be passed in the US? Could it be? I don't think so...

Anyway, some random thoughts from me.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

In the case that is not obvious: in my opinion the quality of goverment is measured by ability of citizens to control it and it's ability to function in performing its tasks.

The fact that some countries in Europe have too aurtoritative goverments is problem on its own.