User Tag List

First 152324252627 Last

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by dga View Post
    In germany, one can choose between spendign a year in the army, or donating your time for some social service project. As an example, one of my friends helped take care of retarded people.

I worked in a typical suburban grocery store doing the classic bag boy job during highschool. Let me tell ya, a few people might have unfortunate thyroid problems and such, but most people simply eat the wrong food for their bodies. If nutrition guidelines are to ingest 2k calories per day, salad with oil and vinegar might be a better idea than oreo ice cream with chocolate sauce...

However, the quality of food most americans can afford is also shitty. Corn syrup galore instead of sugar (even mexico uses sugar instead of cornsyrup), genetically modified produce and animals, and odd additives to packaged foods exist in america in a way that europe has a long way to reach. Why do american bread and hot dogs, even premium brands, all have such crap? There are alternatives, but I can understand that fresh fields and trader joes are not available or affordable by most. As an odd comparison, I can buy some trader joes products at a discount supermarket here.
    Totally. I spent a lost weekend eating 2 kalories a day (the daily recommended amount, here in the UK). And I still *gained weight*.

I look at these starving Africans and feel like saying - you need some of my genes. And pronto. Or you'll starve.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    You talk as though no one can get a college education in the US. That's not the case. Regardless, Wal-mart needs employees, too. I'd rather my tax dollars not go to pay for some punk to go party for a few years, then drop out.
    Yeah, better spend tax dollars for the military
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Actually, one of the most commercial activities a nation can embark upon to generate Wealth and Capital is to send a large military force... well, anywhere!

But I bet you italians know about th.... oh wait, you haven't known shit about it since Ancient Roman times! at least those fuckers knew the benefit of sending Random Army X to random place Y for commercial incentives... they built roads, Americans built the largest and most dominant air force the world has ever seen. I wonder why.....

There's a reason your ancestors worshiped Mercury, you know. We worship Adam Smith and we are Kings for it. Don't forget it, Mr. ENTJ.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Oh gosh, so much to read.

What do you mean by values ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Here, look, I'll even help you update your old software:

WAR IS A RACKET - Major General Smedley D. Butler - USMC Retired

That's a pamphlet written by a Marine Corps general with 2 congressional medals of honor... just prior to WW2. We know what the fuck we're doing, son.....

American values = generating Wealth and commerce, so Kant can have his lovely, beautiful dream.

(do I sound like Victor yet?)

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Better yet, give me back my money.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

ok, keep your values then
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    (do I sound like Victor yet?)
    You know, I see myself from the inside, so it is very interesting to start to see myself from the outside.

Will I be able to imitate myself - will I be able to parody me?

And who am I?

Am I Victor on the inside? Or am I Victor on the outside?

Do the two Victors have to be the same?

Will they work together or will they be in conflict?

Would you prefer to be friends with the inner Victor or the outer Victor?

And inner and outer is such a basic distinction - even more basic than gender.

The Ancient Greeks believed we begin as one person but we are split into a female half and a male half, and we spend our lives looking for the other half.

And if we are split into inner and outer, do we spend our lives looking for the other part?

My only consolation is that although there are two Victors, there are also two Nozflubbers.

We are double twins - the anima and the animus - and the inside and the outside.

So the first thing to do is to find our lost anima or animus.

And the second is to turn ourselves inside out - and then turn ourselves outside in - turn and turn about.

MBTI
    ENTP

Actually, one of the most commercial activities a nation can embark upon to generate Wealth and Capital is to send a large military force... well, anywhere!

But I bet you italians know about th.... oh wait, you haven't known shit about it since Ancient Roman times! at least those fuckers knew the benefit of sending Random Army X to random place Y for commercial incentives... they built roads, Americans built the largest and most dominant air force the world has ever seen. I wonder why.....

There's a reason your ancestors worshiped Mercury, you know. We worship Adam Smith and we are Kings for it. Don't forget it, Mr. ENTJ.
    but rome fell...

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

The fact that you think we Italians identify in any way with the roman empire speaks for your knowledge of European culture
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp