User Tag List

First 7151617181927 Last

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    I fucking hate that War on Drugs bullshit. The amount of money and lives wasted on it is obscene.
    Legalize and tax baby! Economy fixed.

MBTI
    ISFJ

If you don't think crime is written in a person's DNA, it is reasonable to assume that lack of self control is also not written in a person's DNA.
    Correct. We aren't "black" or "white" (figuratively) and that's what holds us accountable for our actions. If we were born either evil or good there would be no point to justice.

In any case, I have no intention of giving away my rights just so some 10 year old who is inherently good but caught up in bad circumstances can be prevented from possibly getting an access to a gun and engaging in a criminal activity.
    Well, that, is the fact. But is there a reason why you think that is the best choice? I'll ask you the same question I asked Peguy : why do you think hard drugs are illegal? And do you agree with that stance?

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy
    Cause the CIA wishes to maintain its monopoly on that market.
    They should ban tobacco too then.

Sniffles

So Sytpg, I have a question for you now: If some guy breaks into your house yut, and you don't have a gun - how are you going to shoot him?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    So Sytpg, I have a question for you now: If some guy breaks into your house yut, and you don't have a gun - how are you going to shoot him?
    I am guessing with a Mongolian Composite Horse Bow.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Is that a trick question? I'm not going to shoot him.

Breaking-ins are very very rare where I'm from (Portugal; guns here are illegal except in specific circumstances). The question is, does the fact guns are readily available make breaking-in crimes common in a country like the US?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    why do you think hard drugs are illegal?
    Because people are stupid and easily duped.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Because people are stupid and easily duped.
    So every country in the world has their own governmental drug business? Is the conspiracy that broad?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

So every country in the world has their own governmental drug business? Is the conspiracy that broad?
    What are you talking about? Where did I say anything about a conspiracy?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    What are you talking about? Where did I say anything about a conspiracy?
    What exactly did you mean by people being easily duped, then? Did you mean people are easily doped? :P

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

What exactly did you mean by people being easily duped, then? Did you mean people are easily doped? :P
    People are duped into believing that prohibition has a positive cumulative effect on society. It doesn't. Prohibition advocates ignore the violence it causes.

Now we have places like New York banning trans fats. That's just the start.