User Tag List

First 6141516171826 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

^ lol gotta love ENFP logic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Wait hold on, let me get this straight... you want guns to be banned so you can get an illegal gun?

lol.

Why just not get an illegal fully automatic weapon? You'll have an upper hand on all those law abiding semi-automatic fools.
    Do you entrust others with the power to hurt other people (possibly your loved ones) or do you keep it for yourself (assuming you consider you have a good judgment)?

Law needs to tell people that it's wrong to legally own something that was designed to kill. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't consider sidestepping the law if I personally needed to use a weapon to protect those that I love.

And fully automatics are for chickens.

Sniffles

Sytpg, are you literally from Mongolia?

Why shoot people automatically, when you can be a real man and shoot them with a bow.

Perfect companion to have when pillaging and raping across the steppes. Ahh....the good ol' days.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Sytpg, are you literally from Mongolia?
    Yes, why?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Do you entrust others with the power to hurt other people (possibly your loved ones) or do you keep it for yourself (assuming you consider you have a good judgment)?

Law needs to tell people that it's wrong to legally own something that was designed to kill. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't consider sidestepping the law if I personally needed to use a weapon to protect those that I love.

People already have the power to hurt other people. A person can be raped or killed without the assistance of a gun.

Thing is, the gun ban hurts law abiding citizens more than it hurts criminals. If somebody is already engaging in a criminal activity, breaking an additional law (i.e. possessing an illegal firearm) won't make much of a difference.

Sniffles

Yes, why?
    Isn't hunting a major part of life in that part of the world?

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    People already have the power to hurt other people. A person can be raped or killed without the assistance of a gun.

Thing is, the gun ban hurts law abiding citizens more than it hurts criminals. If somebody is already engaging in a criminal activity, breaking an additional law (i.e. possessing an illegal firearm) won't make much of a difference.
    The thing is criminal isn't written in your DNA. People who commit crimes aren't necessarily all evil at heart. "All it takes is one bad day" and all that jazz. Readily available guns do make it easier to engage in criminal activities. Would 10 year olds in problematic ghettos be able to kill people so easily if they hadn't guns?

Why is WMDs development controlled by the international community? With so much power on your hands, you might do something stupid at any time.

And the law applies to criminals too. Other countries have criminals with guns themselves. But in proportionate terms, killings aren't necessarily bigger even though those countries ban guns.

Isn't hunting a major part of life in that part of the world?
    I'm not from Mongolia. I just thought you'd hold it against me in some way

Why shoot people automatically, when you can be a real man and shoot them with a bow..
    Dunno if you are trying to make a point here, but can you tell me why hard drugs are illegal?

MBTI
    INTJ

The thing is criminal isn't written in your DNA. People who commit crimes aren't necessarily all evil at heart. "All it takes is one bad day" and all that jazz. Readily available guns do make it easier to engage in criminal activities. Would 10 year olds in problematic ghettos be able to kill people so easily if they hadn't guns?
    If you don't think crime is written in a person's DNA, it is reasonable to assume that lack of self control is also not written in a person's DNA.

In any case, I have no intention of giving away my rights just so some 10 year old who is inherently good but caught up in bad circumstances can be prevented from possibly getting an access to a gun and engaging in a criminal activity.

Sniffles

can you tell me why hard drugs are illegal?
    Cause the CIA wishes to maintain its monopoly on that market.

MBTI
    INTJ

Cause the CIA wishes to maintain its monopoly on that market.
    I fucking hate that War on Drugs bullshit. The amount of money and lives wasted on it is obscene.