User Tag List

First 5131415161725 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    By permitting, I meant that they go through a ton of approval procedures and other things TO be allowed to hold it. They have to get approval from the police (and most likely pay for extra police staffing and security due to the number of people attending) and all the other govt agencies.
    Not really. "Random" shootings are pretty rare compared to planned ones. (And in reality, they're all pretty rare.). Psychologically training yourself to be able to shoot someone if it were necessary for defense, possibly....to intentionally go out in do so, no. The same argument could be made for playing violent video games...
    I am curious. how did those guys in that video come into a possession of so much firepower?
    People in the US often say that this is about self-defence.
    But for that you need only one rifle and some people have more then that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild horses View Post
    The biggest difference I note between American and European values s that in America success is sought after and celebrated once achieved however, in Europe to aspire to be successful is frowned upon and damn you if you actually are successful... you mite make it out alive if you do the right thing and at the very least don't admit to it
    What are you actually trying to say with this?

MBTI
    ENFP

What I just said.. that in Europe success is not celebrated openly the way it is in America... They are more open in America about chasing after the american dream at all costs and seem more purpose driven
    ... couldn't drag me away

ˇeljko Ra˛natovic: argus
    ˇeljko Ra˛natovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    ˇeljko Ra˛natovic: to carry your genealogical code??

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Wild horses View Post
    What I just said.. that in Europe success is not celebrated openly the way it is in America... They are more open in America about chasing after the american dream at all costs and seem more purpose driven
    I think that one of the main strenghts of European people is taht they do not get exited so easily.

Also it is highy debatable what is succes.
    I am not saying this as a philosophical question but as practical one.

Sniffles

You know just now I was reading an article about archeological finds showing proof of a 3rd century battle between Roman legions and Germanic tribes beyond the Rhine, and just happened to find a link to this........

Germany's young adults are too fat to work
    Published: 16 Dec 08 14:44 CET

Obesity is a common problem in Germany, but some industries face a shortage of qualified trainees because an increasing number of young people are too fat to begin their careers, a study released by the German Sport University in Cologne reveals.

The “Fit for Life” cross-sectional study put 12,835 teenagers and graduates between 16 and 25-years-old through their paces and found that by age 20 the risk for unfavorable symptoms increases substantially. By the age of 25, some 50 percent of men are overweight, 60 percent smoke, and one-third are “sport abstinent,” the study said.

Only one-fourth of the women in the study were found to be overweight, but two-thirds were confirmed smokers and they engaged even less in physical activity. Meanwhile only one-quarter of the study participants exhibited no cardiovascular risk factors.
    Germany's young adults are too fat to work - The Local

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    You know just now I was reading an article about archeological finds showing proof of a 3rd century battle between Roman legions and Germanic tribes beyond the Rhine, and just happened to find a link to this........

Germany's young adults are too fat to work - The Local
    Maybe they can bring back Nationalsozialistischer Reichsbund für Leibesübungen?

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I am curious. how did those guys in that video come into a possession of so much firepower?
    I believe they bought it. The assault/automatic weapons there can just be purchased in some states provided you meet normal criteria. (Resident, not mentally ill or a felon...that's about it.) However, in order to get your hands on the larger weapons there, it's a hell of a strict process. Probably a couple years of paperwork, along with surrendering your right to not be searched without a probable cause.

People in the US often say that this is about self-defence.
    But for that you need only one rifle and some people have more then that.
    That is true. However, we also generally believe in the freedom to do what you want as long as you aren't hurting others. As you can see, the people in that video weren't, so what's the harm in them having and doing that with them? It's a hobby.

There are lots of people that like to collect as well, just like some people collect swords, baseball cards, whatever, there are a good number of people who collect guns.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Maybe they can bring back Nationalsozialistischer Reichsbund für Leibesübungen?
    Apparently all that heiling and marching served a purpose after all.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Apparently all that heiling and marching served a purpose after all.
    Say what you will about the Nazis, but they were in shape.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    That is true. However, we also generally believe in the freedom to do what you want as long as you aren't hurting others. As you can see, the people in that video weren't, so what's the harm in them having and doing that with them? It's a hobby.

There are lots of people that like to collect as well, just like some people collect swords, baseball cards, whatever, there are a good number of people who collect guns.
    You know, it's true that in itself there's nothing wrong with owning guns. But I think they should be banned because they create the idea that you need to have a gun to protect your family. That might even be true but I would much prefer to own an illegal gun and know I was going against the law then to know I could legally buy one. I trust my values but not those of a random strangers.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    You know, it's true that in itself there's nothing wrong with owning guns. But I think they should be banned because they create the idea that you need to have a gun to protect your family. That might even be true but I would much prefer to own an illegal gun and know I was going against the law then to know I could legally buy one. I trust my values but not those of a random strangers.
    Wait hold on, let me get this straight... you want guns to be banned so you can get an illegal gun?

lol.

Why just not get an illegal fully automatic weapon? You'll have an upper hand on all those law abiding semi-automatic fools.