User Tag List

First 4121314151624 Last

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

(1) Should Europe invade North America, well, the occupation zones would probably be divided as follow: Quebec and New England to France, while we'll share New York and the New Jersey with Italy; Pennsylvania, Nevada and California to Germany; Canada and north western states to Britain; Northern midwest to Scandinavia; Ohio and Indiana to Ukraine; Illinois to Poland; and we'll grant its independance to anything south of the Mason-Dixon line, because honestly, nobody understands those damned, decadent gun loving southerners.
    See, this is what I mean by ENTPs trying to bounce ideas off of others to see if they'll float.... but this one sinks the rest he has accurate hehe

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    If you randomly decided to do that here in your backyard, you would too. However, THAT, is held miles away from anything else, and goes through a ton of permitting and planning to be allowed to be held.
    That would not change a thing if everyone head to sounds of it they would have reported you and police would been after you.
    Just a fact that you are so well armed makes you a more then a outlaw.
    If you do this somewhere in Lika (mountain region) you would maybe manage to get away with it. But that does not change a fact that people and police would not have problem with your actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    For collecting, shooting, historical recreations, self indulgence, etc.
    The "pursuit of happiness" is an American ideal. Different things make different people happy.
    Feel free to call me a jerk but I think that this is not a good idea .

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    True; although in the United States it is hardly ever called "nationalism," standing against national pride puts you in a very small political minority--it is considered radical in most political circles in the U.S. (which Europeans are probably sharp to notice anyway)
    Edgar covered the important part about gun hobbies. In principle, we say you should be free to do whatever you want, as long as you don't hurt anybody. Of course, if you do something weird enough, people who see you may still call the authorities.
    All of this sounds very nice but problem with guns is that unwanted events happen just like that and out of nowhere.
    If you have so well armed society it is impossible to avoid violent crimes.
    Many crimes happened simply because gus are easy to get and if you shoot at cans in your backyard for 30 years you are psychologically train yourself to shoot someone one day.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. You guys will probably be at each other's throats again in less than 50 years.
    I am not sure about this.
    As I have said in another thread. People in ths US (generally speaking) your not fully aware of what is actually happening in Europe right now.
    The continent is really uniting under one flag and one of the main reasons why they are doing it is to stop this kind of events once and for all.
    The main reasons why so many white people escaped to America is that they wanted to move away from this.
    The chance that there will be a bloody war between UK,France and Germany in incoming years is technically 0.
    There is alot more that can be said about this.

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    Never shot one, but probably not bad for hunting. Also, with the optics on it, probably nice for some long-range target shooting as well. Probably cheap to maintain/fix. Nice antique, and extremely cheap compared to other weapons of that time period, from a display/collecting standpoint as well.
    Right. It's called "Patriotism". Which is essentially the same thing. I personally am a part of that minority. I like my country, but I certainly see it's flaws.
    I am aware of this but my question was that I don't see that point to shoot at anything in personal. See my reply to Cimmaron.

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    Not just Europe. That's considered fat globally, except in the states. Well, I guess it's still fat here too, but we have more people that don't have an issue doing that to their bodies.
    If I understand this things the real problems will be when all those fat people grow old. Since it will take a lot of resources to keep them more or less healthy, In this case prodictivity of an entire society coud drop by very large degree. Since body that is fat for decades can't be fully healthy again.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by rhinosaur View Post
    I read the first 50 posts of this thread. Here is what I learned.

Europe is better!
    Nuh uh, America is better!
    Americans is fat!
    Nuh uh! At least we live in a democracy where we can be fat if we want!
    Americans has no culture!
    Yuh huh! We've got Jesus! Europeans r ghey!
    Nuh uh! We've got Hitler!
    Yup. You should write Cliff Notes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    You can thank bluemonday for the wonderful direction of this thread.
    No need. The whole concept of this thread is so ridiculous it was bound to descend into tosh. I just helped it realize its potential.

There might have been an interesting discussion on several of the topics raised, but to group them all into American values vs. European values is absurdity squared.
    Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    I found it interesting, because it makes people in the UK look bad.
    We do a good job of looking bad on our own.

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Feel free to call me a jerk
    Well ok then.

The continent is really uniting under one flag
    It is? Where is your evidence for this?

'Cos the European Constitution is not a bag of spanners at all, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post

It is? Where is your evidence for this?

'Cos the European Constitution is not a bag of spanners at all, eh?
    That is why I've said "uniting" not "united".

I know that UK is quite reserved about this. Probably because of geography and you don't experiance the best part of this process which is that there is no more borders. In many places you don't even know that you went over one of them.
    This is just one example and there are more of them. Like currency or parliament. The thing is that this continent was never homogeneous as it is today.
    But something tells me that you are not too sceptical about this idea.

In the case that treands like in the last 10 continue, we will get united continent in the end.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

From what I see we need this thread.

There is a lot of talking about USA values and European values in the last few years since the cultures are drifting apart in the last 5 years.

So this thread is for talking about those differences and what way are we different. And topic should cover all aspects of this differences.

To tell you the truth many aspects of American culture do not make much sense. (at least to me)

Things like:

Gun culture

So strong impact of religion upon society

Supporting of totally free market

Denial of almost everything that has something to do with environment

How can someone weight over 250 Ibs? I trully don't understand this one.
    Here if you are over 200Ibs you are fat pig unless you are really tall.
    But in US there are people over 300,400 or even heavier than that.
    I can't believe that a person can't see that they are getting fat and do something about it.
    I mean you can't get that much fat over night.

This are just some general chapters and there are many small ones.

Also the other side is free to ask questions back.(that is the whole point)

As for Canadians , Australians or others they are welcome here as well.
    All of these things can be explained with one word: automobiles. Americans love cars! Until you can imagine yourself making sweet love to an automobile down by the fire, you'll never truly understand what it means to be American.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ISTP

That would not change a thing if everyone head to sounds of it they would have reported you and police would been after you.
    By permitting, I meant that they go through a ton of approval procedures and other things TO be allowed to hold it. They have to get approval from the police (and most likely pay for extra police staffing and security due to the number of people attending) and all the other govt agencies.

All of this sounds very nice but problem with guns is that unwanted events happen just like that and out of nowhere.
    If you have so well armed society it is impossible to avoid violent crimes.
    Many crimes happened simply because gus are easy to get and if you shoot at cans in your backyard for 30 years you are psychologically train yourself to shoot someone one day.
    Not really. "Random" shootings are pretty rare compared to planned ones. (And in reality, they're all pretty rare.). Psychologically training yourself to be able to shoot someone if it were necessary for defense, possibly....to intentionally go out in do so, no. The same argument could be made for playing violent video games...
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    INTJ

Feel free to call me a jerk but I think that this is not a good idea .
    You don't think it's a good idea to allow people to do what makes them happy?

MBTI
    ENFP

The biggest difference I note between American and European values s that in America success is sought after and celebrated once achieved however, in Europe to aspire to be successful is frowned upon and damn you if you actually are successful... you mite make it out alive if you do the right thing and at the very least don't admit to it
    ... couldn't drag me away

eljko Ranatovic: argus
    eljko Ranatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    eljko Ranatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

You don't think it's a good idea to allow people to do what makes them happy?
    It totally depends on what makes them happy.

MBTI
    INTJ

It totally depends on what makes them happy.
    Well see, that's the whole point. You want the government to decide what's good for you and what's not.

I (along with many other Americans) do not subscribe to that concept.