User Tag List

12311 Last

Sniffles

Default So what's really the big deal about Gay marriage?

I was pondering about this last night, and I guess upon viewing this thread; I honestly have to ask this question - seriously people, what is the big deal about gay marriage?

And I'm not stereotypically addressing this to people who oppose gay marriage, but rather to those people who support it.

I mean seriously, out of all the issues one could possibly preoccupy themselves with, this is the one you choose? Out of all the issues related to human rights, this is the major one?

And don't give me this bullshit that it's really opponents who are reallty obsessed with this issue. You supporters constantly like to shove this issue into peoples' faces, and heaven forbid if they actually have the balls to express an opposing opinion - then all of a sudden they showered with endless abuse of being homophobic, intolerant, bigoted, behind the times, cross-burner, bambai killer(opps wrong category!).

You're often about as self-righteous as any member of the Religious Right. Just admit it, you thrive off them.

I can't count how many times I've had this happened to me personally. And just for the record, 99.999999999999999+% of discussions I have about gay marriage - or homosexuality in general for that matter - are initiated by supporters of gay rights.

I find it rather odd that when people voice opposition to traditional religion, it seems that gay marriage is fast replacing burning at the stake as the number one reason. Really people?

Is it really necessary to have gay marriage on the ballot every damn election? It gets rather irritating having to constantly vote NO on the same damn issue year after year after year after year after year.

So yes I'll just like to end this little rant with a polite request: Just shut the fuck up already on this issue!!!!!!!!!!!

MBTI
    INxJ

I'm gay. It's a relevant issue.

On a serious note, it isn't going to stop until equal laws are given. That's the reality of the situation. I really don't want to discuss why gay people should have rights. It's a no brainer, but it affects me and many people I know on a deeply personal level. I won't just shut up and go away. You can't sweep it under a rug.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    I was pondering about this last night, and I guess upon viewing this thread; I honestly have to ask this question - seriously people, what is the big fucking deal about gay marriage?

And I'm not stereotypically addressing this to people who oppose gay marriage, but rather to those people who support it.

I mean seriously, out of all the issues one could possibly preoccupy themselves with, this is the one you choose? Out of all the issues related to human rights, this is the major one?

And don't give me this bullshit that it's really opponents who are reallty obsessed with this issue. You supporters constantly like to shove this issue into peoples' faces, and heaven forbid if they actually have the balls to express an opposing opinion - then all of a sudden they showered with endless abuse of being homophobic, intolerant, bigoted, behind the times, cross-burner, bambai killer(opps wrong category!).

You're often about as self-righteous as any member of the Religious Right. Just admit it, you thrive off them.

I can't count how many times I've had this happened to me personally. And just for the record, 99.999999999999999+% of discussions I have about gay marriage - or homosexuality in general for that matter - are initiated by supporters of gay rights.

I find it rather odd that when people voice opposition to traditional religion, it seems that gay marriage is fast replacing burning at the stake as the number one reason. Really people?

Is it really necessary to have gay marriage on the ballot every damn election? It gets rather irritating having to constantly vote NO on the same damn issue year after year after year after year after year.

So yes I'll just like to end this little rant with a polite request: Just shut the fuck up already on this issue!!!!!!!!!!!
    Adding to the umteenth (within the past month) thread on the subject...

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    I'm gay.
    Well that explains your obession at least.

It's a relevant issue.
    I think of a shitload of more relevant, not to mention more important, issues effecting mankind. In fact the attention given to this issue actually points to how shallow and trival public discourse has become over the past few decades.

It's not going away.
    Because you people keep shoving it into peoples' faces.

Your attempt at censoring is a waste of time.
    I'm not a moderator here, so how the hell is this an attempt at censoring?

MBTI
    INxJ

You don't have to read the posts about it. You choose to. No one is forcing you. There's a red X button, top right hand corner of your browser.

Everyone is free to choose their own cause. Why do you get to decide what needs the most attention?

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Well, it seems like there are gay couples and they want to get married, like hetero couples do. I can see why that would be a big deal to someone.

My prediction: In less than a decade, most of the "blue" states will have legalized gay marriage.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    You don't have read the posts about it.
    And most of the time I don't. Nevertheless the issue is still brought up in discussions I partake here. Good example being here when Night asked me about Christian intolerance towards gays.

No one is forcing you. There's a red X button, top right hand corner of your browser.
    Yeah and the same applies to you too.

I really don't want to discuss why gay people should have rights.
    That's nice, neither do I.

I won't just shut up and go away.
    Since when did this become an issue about you? Other than referring to your one thread(which was largely to point to a larger argument), I made no mention of you.

Besides, I thought you said you didn't want to discuss this.
    You can't sweep it under a rug.
    I don't care enough about it to even WANT to sweep it under a rug.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I dunno guys. If we legalize gay marriage, we will automatically be forced to allow people to marry their farm animals, and it will happen everywhere. 9 months from then we'll be overrun by minotaurs and the 7 gates of hell will open up, ushering the Antichrist who will destroy all sentient life. In other words, if you allow gay marriage, you destroy all known life in the universe. Think about it guys. It's obvious.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    I dunno guys. If we legalize gay marriage, we will automatically be forced to allow people to marry their farm animals, and it will happen everywhere. 9 months from then we'll be overrun by minotaurs and the 7 gates of hell will open up, ushering the Antichrist who will destroy all sentient life. In other words, if you allow gay marriage, you destroy all known life in the universe. Think about it guys. It's obvious.
    Nah, Peguy will be there to battle the Antichrist, surely.

MBTI
    INxJ

I don't care enough about it to even WANT to sweep it under a rug.

You obviously care enough to create a thread and request everyone to be quiet.