User Tag List

First 1220212223 Last

Results 211 to 220 of 223

  1. #211
    Senior Member TheLastMohican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    This whole thread is bullshit. One star.
    Perhaps you should boost the quality by adding some of your own wisdom.

  2. #212
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    i can't read this whole thread...is there anything i should be pissed off about or what?

    i thought we were a tolerant bunch...no??
    It depends upon your definition of "tolerant".
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

  3. #213
    Senior Member ptgatsby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Whatever drags down monogamy (children, bills, alternate working scehdules, lawn work, in-laws) that's all still going to be there in polygamy.
    With more people to divide the burden.
    He's still going to at times wish he could be with someone with whom he shares none of this dreary business.
    Which would be possible, as it would no longer be a binary choice.
    I suppose the most common solution would be that he keeps one very young and naive wife who showers him with unquestioning adoration and never has babies with him and he begins to drift away from his other wives.
    Or who could have babies. This is the normal situation (mistress, affairs, etc.) where monogamy is the only legal alternative.
    That's how I'd suspect the freedom for polygamy would play out.
    The only reason this keeps coming up is because of the use of the words suspect. The whole point is that people against gay marriage 'know' or 'suspect' or 'just don't understand'. It is not an acceptable stance, IMO. As far as I am concerned, you need overwhelming evidence that polygamy is not the natural standard (ie: maximum happiness for the most people, from an objective stance) and should be prevented by legal means (force).

  4. #214
    Guerilla Urbanist Brendan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastMohican View Post
    Perhaps you should boost the quality by adding some of your own wisdom.
    No. Every time this fucking subject is discussed we start at disagreement, refuse to concede anything, find no common ground and are left where we started:

    You're wrong.

    No, you're wrong.

    Uh, no, I'm obviously right and you're wrong.

    Sure, if by right you mean wrong!

    It's to the point where I almost wish they'd constitutionally ban gay marriage in all states so the obnoxious, petty, underhanded, prejudicial, dirty fights subside and I can get back to kissing boys with nobody paying attention.

    I just don't have the energy for any of this nonsense.
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

  5. #215
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    ...It's to the point where I almost wish they'd constitutionally ban gay marriage in all states so the obnoxious, petty, underhanded, prejudicial, dirty fights subside and I can get back to kissing boys with nobody paying attention.
    honestly, hon... I haven't been watching you kiss 'em up to this point either.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  6. #216
    Senior Member TheLastMohican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    Every time this fucking subject is discussed we start at disagreement, refuse to concede anything, find no common ground and are left where we started:
    I must say: you're wrong.

  7. #217
    Senior Member lowtech redneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    Once the state constitution is amended, it will not change.
    um...

  8. #218
    Guerilla Urbanist Brendan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    um...
    lolz
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

  9. #219
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INxJ
    Posts
    3,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    No. Every time this fucking subject is discussed we start at disagreement, refuse to concede anything, find no common ground and are left where we started:

    You're wrong.

    No, you're wrong.

    Uh, no, I'm obviously right and you're wrong.

    Sure, if by right you mean wrong!

    It's to the point where I almost wish they'd constitutionally ban gay marriage in all states so the obnoxious, petty, underhanded, prejudicial, dirty fights subside and I can get back to kissing boys with nobody paying attention.

    I just don't have the energy for any of this nonsense.
    I don't mind discussing the subject. It makes some individuals look incredibly silly when they can't fully support their argument. It also brings up many different ways to view it. Perhaps, someone is able to see reason because we brought it up.

    Aside from that, it's a forum where people discuss ideas.

  10. #220
    Guerilla Urbanist Brendan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    I don't mind discussing the subject. It makes some individuals look incredibly silly when they can't fully support their argument. It also brings up many different ways to view it. Perhaps, someone is able to see reason because we brought it up.

    Aside from that, it's a forum where people discuss ideas.
    I was commenting more on the larger, world-wide discussion of the matter.
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-03-2013, 10:30 AM
  2. The Conservative Case for Gay Marriage
    By teslashock in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 04-12-2010, 02:51 PM
  3. whats the big deal about being me?
    By ThatGirl in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-09-2008, 07:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO