User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post

You obviously care enough to create a thread and request everyone to be quiet.
    Yes I'm telling people to shut up about it because I'm sick and tired of hearing about it all the time.

Go ahead, try and do a search for posts of mine that contain the words "gay" or "homosexual". See what you find.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

They do it because they are bored.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    They do it because they are bored.
    I've created 3 threads on the topic. None were out of boredom. I suppose it's crazy to think someone might actually deem it important enough to discuss.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    I mean seriously, out of all the issues one could possibly preoccupy themselves with, this is the one you choose? Out of all the issues related to human rights, this is the major one?
    Who says we're preoccupied with this issue? Maybe there's a lot of issues, you just happen to be privvy to this discussion here on this forum.

Lots of assumptions here, I'm not bothering with the rest.
    *yawn*

But I'll speculate that, if you're gay, your question here would be in the same category as saying, "Why the hell are you so obsessed with racial prejudice?" to a black person in the 50's.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    I've created 3 threads on the topic. None were out of boredom. I suppose it's crazy to think someone might actually deem it important enough to discuss.

I didn't mean you. You are gay so it's personal for you.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    But I'll speculate that, if you're gay, your question here would be in the same category as saying, "Why the hell are you so obsessed with racial prejudice?" to a black person in the 50's.
    STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOP with that comparison.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

They are not the same. These days White Americans who are not gay are obsessed with both racial prejudice and gay rights out of boredom.

Sniffles

Who says we're preoccupied with this issue?
    I'm saying it right now.

Maybe there's a lot of issues, you just happen to be privvy to this discussion here on this forum.
    I'm actually talking about this discussion in general, not just on this forum specifically.

In fact I was actually mostly referring to discussions IRL. My only real reference to discussions on this forum was linking to the one thread about Huckabee, and as I just stated earlier - that was merely to point to the larger issue.

I don't know if this is just an appeal to emotion or a false analogy, or maybe both.

Last time I checked; there are no seperate drinking fountains for gays, nor has a gay person been arrested for refusing to sit at the back of bus.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Yes I'm telling people to shut up about it because I'm sick and tired of hearing about it all the time.
    Creating a thread about a topic you don't want to discuss is, well, I can't quite find the right words but arrogant comes to mind.

Maybe, just maybe, it's an issue because it's pretty damn important to some people.

The solution is really easy you know, as it's not something you want to discuss, don't discuss it. Personally I don't want to get involved with religious discussions so I simply avoid those threads, it really is that easy to do.

Thread is pathetic.

MBTI
    INTj

If I was clinging on to an indefensible position, I also would not like to be challenged to defend it constantly. I would much rather just agree to disagree because it implies an equality of views.