User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    By what standard can you call my OP a systematic attack? In fact I often joke about my arguments and worldview being unsystematic in nature.
    As I said, I read this entire thread. That includes just a bit more than just your OP. In fact, you might remember it was the words, "homosexual agenda" that lead me to post in your thread.

A person who can say that they don't care about an issue and then say the same issue will contribute to mayhem and anarchy befalling society, is either someone who doesn't give a crap about society, or is someone who isn't sure how serious he really is about the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    As I said, I read this entire thread.
    And you didn't hate on my words once I'm losing my touch....

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    And you didn't hate on my words once I'm losing my touch....
    From what I have read your main concern is the gay rights movement being compared to the civil rights movement of the 60's. It's a valid point since they aren't same. In fact, the gay rights movement is more akin to the women's suffrage movement. The civil rights movement was fighting racial prejudice, whereas the gay marriage movement is fighting religious prejudice, which is invoked in the same way as it was during the women's suffrage movement. The argument being, to maintain gender roles as described by the religious scripture.

[SARCASM]In other words, the "traditional definition of a voter" was a man. And it was very important to maintain that traditional definition or all society would have crashed into the ocean. [/SARCASM]

MBTI
    Hype

"From what I have read your main concern is the gay rights movement being compared to the civil rights movement of the 60's. "

Lol no. First off, it's not MY concern; I don't care about gay rights because I think the only unliberated class in this country are the so-called "children" slaves. However, you totally don't get the conservative hawkish mindframe that runs this country, but then again neither does Peguy: it goes like this folks:

We will not let anyone ruin The Population Pyramid of the United States by allowing another avenue of the sexual liberation of mankind to affect the family structure that provides prosperity.

This is not MY voice Kiddo, this is the voice of others as I understand it, and the voice that keeps you in oppression.

MBTI
    OMNi

We will not let anyone ruin The Population Pyramid of the United States by allowing another avenue of the sexual liberation of mankind to affect the family structure that provides prosperity.
    That doesn't sound too different than what me and Peguy have been discussing. Your version just seems to have a conflict theory spin to it. Of course, that doesn't mean it isn't true. But I try to avoid Marxist perspectives because I don't want the gay agenda nuts to think I'm allying myself with the evil commies in my bid to overthrow the country.

MBTI
    Hype

Stop calling it MY version... nevermind... lol

MBTI
    OMNi

Stop calling it MY version... nevermind... lol
    I wasn't referring to the actual words in the quote, but what your implication was of the group that holds those views.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Other than being a boring sexually-repressed person, you're also a conservative bigot. Have fun with your sucky life. I hope human beings like you will never get to reproduce.
    Judgmental, much?

So much for tolerance...

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    And even if I was talking politically, I would not be referring to mainstream conservatives - who are largely classical liberals.

Usually if I refer to Conservativism politically, I'm invoking the tradition of Edmund Burke
    Edmund Burke's ideas, at least, are compatible with, and for many an integral aspect of, classical liberalism-though admittedly several of Burke's ideas could be considered an integral aspect of many non-radical ideologies, in essence if not in origin. Have you checked out William Easterly's writings yet?

To Peguy: What likely consequences of gay marriage do you think would significantly endanger the bedrock of American society, the enabling conditions that make our current liberties/prosperity/rule of law possible? If you have already mentioned that, which post was it on?

To Kiddo: A major difference between the women's suffrage movement and the gay marriage movement (aside from the fact than winning the equal capacity to pursue any and all rights is much more important than any one right, in the long run) is that being either male or female is essentially a major human attribute-there are hermaphrodites etc., but they qualify as either deformities or mutations. There is no objective moral relevance to such a deformity/mutation, just like there is no objective moral relevance to being gay, being color-blind or deaf, having OCD, or what have you (yes, I realize sexuality and mental health are much more complicated than biological determinism), but due to this, gay marriage cannot be considered a fundamental human right. For this reason, gay marriage is a matter of individual liberty and fulfilling the spirit of equality under the law, not a milestone on the caliber of women's suffrage.