User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    Truthfully, we're fucked either way. All they are doing and have been doing since this began is to try and steer this crashing plane (the economy) in a way that will give us a softer landing and leave something to salvage.
    I am in 100% agreement with this.

MBTI
    INTj

Like the Wall Street gang, these corporate welfare bums will get their handout after the standard scolding routine for show.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    lol I didn't assume you personally think that.

Yes. Your suggestion is the best course of action, but where would the people go? Hypothetically.

Also, I don't think it's prudent to allow the same people to remain in the leading positions of the companies. They need to take responsibility for their actions.
    This ties right into whatever the solution will be for the main economic crisis, I think. And the only solution I can see would be to globalize our economy even more, maybe by combining with Canada, the EU, Australia, Japan, New Zealand, and the developing countries which aren't too corrupt. That way, there's easier access to workers and resources where they're needed. If a certain sector in a certain nation has high unemployment, those people could more easily find employment in another nation where their skills are needed. I'll admit that combining with those nations and economies would make people poorer on average, but I imagine that it would at least provide for stability.

Of course, I find war to be more likely before something as major as that happens.

Oh, and yeah, the current leadership of those companies really needs to be replaced. As Einstein said, insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    This ties right into whatever the solution will be for the main economic crisis, I think. And the only solution I can see would be to globalize our economy even more, maybe by combining with Canada, the EU, Australia, Japan, New Zealand, and the developing countries which aren't too corrupt. That way, there's easier access to workers and resources where they're needed. If a certain sector in a certain nation has high unemployment, those people could more easily find employment in another nation where their skills are needed. I'll admit that combining with those nations and economies would make people poorer on average, but I imagine that it would at least provide for stability.
    I'd hardly call such a "solution" a good thing, mainly because a dissolution of this nation and its sovereignty and independence would mean a radical change of lifestyle for you and everyone else... toward the direction of degradation. Oh, and theres the little detail of how the power heads in the world have been saying they want to do exactly what is happening now for YEARS, how they wanted to get it done, and for what reasons. You wouldn't define their "solutions" to the problems they said they would create as good things if you knew just how malevolent their intentions are...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    I'd hardly call such a "solution" a good thing, mainly because a dissolution of this nation and its sovereignty and independence would mean a radical change of lifestyle for you and everyone else... toward the direction of degradation. Oh, and theres the little detail of how the power heads in the world have been saying they want to do exactly what is happening now for YEARS, how they wanted to get it done, and for what reasons. You wouldn't define their "solutions" to the problems they said they would create as good things if you knew just how malevolent their intentions are...
    Sovereignty and independence are all well and good if you do things right, but we didn't, so we need to change now. Things are going to get worse and lifestyles are going to radically change no matter what, as we've been running things with unsustainable methods for a while.

As far as the conspiratorial government argument goes, I don't buy into that. Governments are usually just as nationalistic as their citizens, if not more so. Especially ours.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Sovereignty and independence are all well and good if you do things right, but we didn't, so we need to change now. Things are going to get worse and lifestyles are going to radically change no matter what, as we've been running things with unsustainable methods for a while.

As far as the conspiratorial government argument goes, I don't buy into that. Governments are usually just as nationalistic as their citizens, if not more so. Especially ours.
    It's barely even government (elected officials) at the top of the power structure, but anyway... I don't expect anyone to believe a darn thing without having seen it for themselves.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Sovereignty and independence are all well and good if you do things right, but we didn't, so we need to change now.
    When I read posts like this, I have this overwhelming desire to resort to name calling because this idea is such nonsense that it doesn't deserve a real response.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    When I read posts like this, I have this overwhelming desire to resort to name calling because this idea is such nonsense that it doesn't deserve a real response.
    Well, you can't blame them. Even Barney Frank says we need a heavy dose of "changenism". People just assume it's a good thing...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I don't know if this has been posted in any other bailout-type threads before but I just saw it today:

Seems pretty much like the bottom line to me.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I don't know if this has been posted in any other bailout-type threads before but I just saw it today:

Seems pretty much like the bottom line to me.
    lol Exactly