User Tag List

First 6789 Last

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    No. It's because of the system used in the election, which is semi-proportional.
    Ah, I see.

Gerrymandering - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by lkpo14 View Post
    i love when people are faced with them having no answer and things doesnt make sense to what they believe in or want to believe in, they run away, they dont answer any question, they just dont answer saying we are dumb(one way or another) then say to themselves that we are idiots and wrong, make some stupid rationalization about what they are faced with by others and then pushes those thoughts from their mind because they make them uncomfortable.
    Why do you hate chipmunks so much ?

MBTI
    NICE

LULZ. These "debates" always end up mirroring the arab-israeli conflict.

Nothing is grey. All is black and white. Not taking a side is taking a side.

Interesting.

Just the way to solve the problem, eh?

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post

Nothing is grey. All is black and white. Not taking a side is taking a side.

Interesting.
    I'm trying to take the multicolored side, but I'm being faced with black vs white reasonings "YOU HATE THE JEWS ! WHY DO YOU HATE 'EM JEWS ? WHY WHY ?"

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

No, you have no electoral districts for the Knesset elections. Again, the political parties that don't reach the 2% gap are eliminated, and the seats are distributed proportionally between those that remain.

As I said, many ethnic parties are very small, and thus, most of the time they are not represented. But the more the Israeli Arabs join the large "classic" non-ethnic parties, the more they are represented in the Knesset. It's as simple as that.
    Thus, the number of Arab MKs is a good way to check how the Arab community becomes integrated into Israeli society. And despite the current conflict, I'd say the trend is good (so far), even if everything is far from being perfect.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    No, you have no electoral districts for the Knesset elections. Again, the political parties that don't reach the 2% gap are eliminated, and the seats are distributed proportionally between those that remain.
    Just trying to wind you up. And it worked!

A more salient factor may be the diversity of the arab population. I would think a christian arab might have a different voting proclivity than say a druze or circassian.

All the best.

Default thats

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilen View Post
    I'm trying to take the multicolored side, but I'm being faced with black vs white reasonings "YOU HATE THE JEWS ! WHY DO YOU HATE 'EM JEWS ? WHY WHY ?"
    thats so funny, ive asked you a question, you havent answer it yet, why havent you?

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Just trying to wind you up. And it worked!

A more salient factor may be the diversity of the arab population. I would think a christian arab might have a different voting proclivity than say a druze or circassian.
    It's absolutely true. Druzes are 100% integrated. They even often vote for extreme right parties, those with the toughest stances against Syria and Arabs as a whole [!!!]. (But I don't know if this is really a proof of "integration")

The same can be said with the thousands of Lebanese Arabs that obtained their citizenship through political asylum: their prefered party is the Likud!

And the Bedu tribes from the Negev have their own political party, probably the only Zionist islamic party in the world! (Odd combination, isn't it?)
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by lkpo14 View Post
    thats so funny, ive asked you a question, you havent answer it yet, why havent you?
    Can't be bothered, bugger off.

Default ONCE AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilen View Post
    Can't be bothered, bugger off.
    Once again- you run away. chose whatever rationalization you want to why you do not answer me(the one that gives you most comfort as in- he may be right, but im 100% right or something like this).