User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 84

  1. #51
    Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lkpo14 View Post
    OMG, STOP TALKING BULLSHIT!!!

    are equal citizens with the Jews. And these claims are clearly flawed.
    THEY ARE! THEY GOT A FREAKING BLUE IDENTIFICATION CARD, THEY GET ALL PRIVILEGES OF REGULAR ISRAEL CITIZENS.
    AND about the original post:
    you take what one woman said and say all israel goverment/israel country are racists.. this is a wrong and stupid inductive reasoning.
    It's true.

    Arab Israelis enjoy exactly the same rights as Jewish Israelis. They vote, they have deputies, they can own land, they can go anywhere they want, follow the same public schools, and every official legal papers have to be translated in Arab. The average income of an Arab household is very close to that of a Jewish one (88%), so we can say Arab Israelis are rather prosperous, economically speaking.

    According to several polls, a majority of Arab Israelis are now attached to the existence of Israel (even if some don't agree with current foreign policies).

    As I already said, when 10% of the British MPs, or 10% of the French deputies will be Black, Indian or Chinese, may be that the West could teach a lesson about "racism" against Israel. But in the meantime, it clearly shouldn't.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

    7w8 SCUxI

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lkpo14 View Post
    OMG, STOP TALKING BULLSHIT!!!

    are equal citizens with the Jews. And these claims are clearly flawed.
    THEY ARE! THEY GOT A FREAKING BLUE IDENTIFICATION CARD, THEY GET ALL PRIVILEGES OF REGULAR ISRAEL CITIZENS.
    AND about the original post:
    you take what one woman said and say all israel goverment/israel country are racists.. this is a wrong and stupid inductive reasoning.
    As long as Israel is the nation of the Jews; no one can possibly be equal to them.

    And, chillax buddy.

  3. #53
    Senior Member matmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    NICE
    Posts
    1,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    As I already said, when 10% of the British MPs, or 10% of the French deputies will be Black, Indian or Chinese, may be that the West could teach a lesson about "racism" against Israel. But in the meantime, it clearly shouldn't.
    This is a soundbite, that sounds good.

    The quality of state policy is not reliant on the ethnicity of its politicians.

    You cannot negate the *bollocking* because the governments concerned do not have the (entirely irrelevant) proportions of this, that or other population. This arbitary construction would be debated ad finitum.

    Shall we make sure there are a few one-legged MPs before they are allowed to comment?

    Either way, UK & French opinion ceased to be of any relevance in the region around 1956.

  4. #54
    Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilen View Post
    As long as Israel is the nation of the Jews; no one can possibly be equal to them.

    And, chillax buddy.
    And France is the nation of the Frenchmen, and England is the nation of Englishmen, and so on.... Are France and England racist countries?
    Speaking for France only, I'd say a citizen of African ancestry has exactly the same constitutional rights as a citizen of "French" ancestry. Well, it's quite the same in Israel, because every liberal democracies are based on the same universal principles inherited from the Age of Enlightenment.

    ---

    Anyway, that's what I said: you think Jews don't deserve to have their own country.

    What would you think if I said Arabs don't deserve either to have their own country?

    Wouldn't you think I'd have an enormous bias against Arabs?

    So, why do hate Jews so much?

    Or rather, let's say you like them only when they are humble, submissive, and scattered everywhere on Earth; when they remain the poor innocent victims they always were so far, thanks to History. (That's a Christian stereotype, by the way: you have to suffer to be redeemed)
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

    7w8 SCUxI

  5. #55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilen View Post
    As long as Israel is the nation of the Jews; no one can possibly be equal to them.

    And, chillax buddy.
    they have the same rights as any other israeli.. unless you mean some thing else?

    and the fact that israel is the nation of the jews is a fact from historical manner.. and even if its not.. it is now, and it has the right ro defend itself from whoever tries to change that.

  6. #56
    Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    This is a soundbite, that sounds good.

    The quality of state policy is not reliant on the ethnicity of its politicians.

    You cannot negate the *bollocking* because the governments concerned do not have the (entirely irrelevant) proportions of this, that or other population. This arbitary construction would be debated ad finitum.

    Shall we make sure there are a few one-legged MPs before they are allowed to comment?
    Of course!

    Technically you are correct. I used this image only as a metaphor.
    But nonetheless, it's interesting to know that 10% of the Knesset members are Arabs, and that they were elected thanks to regular elections.

    I think that says a lot on this country, especially when I read a few excited posters here comparing Israel to Apartheid.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

    7w8 SCUxI

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    And France is the nation of the Frenchmen, and England is the nation of Englishmen, and so on.... Are France and England racist countries?
    Saying Israel is the nation of the Israelis would be fair. Saying it's the nations of the Jews makes it racist and unfair for the rest of the Population.

    Jews, Muslims, Arabs, Asians, Africans, Christians, blacks, causasians in France are Frenchmen.While Arabs in Israel are not Jews - Israel is the nation of the Jews, remember ?

    Do you realize how shaky your argument is ?


    That's what I said: you think Jews don't deserve to have their own country.
    Exactly. No religion/ethnicity should have its own country.

    What would you think if I said Arabs don't deserve either to have their own country?

    Wouldn't you think I'd have an enormous bias against Arabs?
    Arabs don't have their own country. Some countries have an Arab majority, some don't. Look at Iraq for example; would you consider it fair if we called it "the nation of the Arabs" while there are Kurd minorities living there ?
    So, why do hate the Jews so much?

    Or rather, let's say you like them only when they are humble, submissive, and scattered everywhere on Earth; when they remain the poor innocent victims they always were so far, thanks to History. (That's a Christian stereotype, by the way)
    fallacy - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lkpo14 View Post
    they have the same rights as any other israeli.. unless you mean some thing else?

    and the fact that israel is the nation of the jews is a fact from historical manner.. and even if its not.. it is now, and it has the right ro defend itself from whoever tries to change that.
    It is a biblical pseudo-fact. I don't take this crap too seriously.

  9. #59

    Default because

    [QUOTE=Blackmail!;476233]And France is the nation of the Frenchmen, and England is the nation of Englishmen, and so on.... Are France and England racist countries?
    Speaking for France only, I'd say a citizen of African ancestry has exactly the same constitutional rights as a citizen of "French" ancestry. Well, it's quite the same in Israel, because every liberal democracies are based on the same universal principles inherited from the Age of Enlightenment.

    ---

    Anyway, that's what I said: you think Jews don't deserve to have their own country.

    What would you think if I said Arabs don't deserve either to have their own country?

    Wouldn't you think I'd have an enormous bias against Arabs?

    So, why do hate Jews so much?


    HE HATES THEM SO MUCH, because he was brainwashed by false accusation against israel.. he believs everything bad about israel because of it, and says anything good about israel is bullshit(to himself or others). he hates jews because he isnt one.. he is the racist.

  10. #60
    Senior Member matmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    NICE
    Posts
    1,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    I used this image only as a metaphor.
    But nonetheless, it's interesting to know that 10% of the Knesset
    Arab Israeli population = 20+% (Edit: Difference in representation = approx 10%. The same difference as UK and France has with representation of its minorities!)

    Crumbs from the master's table?

Similar Threads

  1. Where Should I Move To?
    By Nørrsken in forum Home, Garden and Nature
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 03-30-2017, 07:01 PM
  2. Should file cabinet move to Hawaii?
    By Lateralus in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-21-2008, 06:32 AM
  3. Reasons to move to Rome...
    By sdalek in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-25-2007, 04:41 AM
  4. I'm moving to Dallas, TX in June
    By Jasz in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-24-2007, 01:31 PM
  5. Dawkins and Evolution, a discussion (moved to new thread)
    By hereandnow in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-18-2007, 11:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO