User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Default Barack Obama. Discuss.

Totally open-ended thread here. I'm very interested in learning more about him as a potential candidate for the presidency. What do you think of him? Barack vs. Hillary? Do you believe he has a good shot? If you aren't really impressed by him, why? And who do you think would be a better Democratic candidate?

MBTI
    INTj

Is that the black dude?
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    INTJ

I like the guy, although I know little about him. I have speculated he is ENFJ. I like him better than Hillary, and I believe he has a shot, although I still believe Hillary's chances are better.

MBTI
    INTP

I think he's the candidate who comes closest to having the JFK mojo. He could inspire people to believe in the power of government to do good. That's important after 8 years of rule by cynical pricks. I hope he will inspire good people to go into government themselves. The last two presidents to do that were FDR and JFK. It's almost 50 years after JFK and the generation he inspired to go into government have retired. It's time for replacements.

Given a choice between Obama and Clinton, I'd choose Obama without question. Clinton's manner is more senatorial than Presidential IMO, and she's way too hated by the right wing to govern effectively short of a massive purge of Republicans.

MBTI
    INFP

Is there an election on already?

I'll wait and see what american comedians have to say about him.

heart on fire

He voted to re-authorize the Patriot Act. I find that alone deeply disturbing. For me that is just a deal breaker I can't get passed.

ETA. Here is his voting record, which I think tells more about a candidate than anything they may say on the campaign.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I like Obama. I'd prefer him over Hillary, but I think Hillary has the Dem nomination unless Gore decides to come in and try to snatch it away from her. (Maybe he's just waiting to see if he will win the Nobel Peace Prize first.)

When looking for a President I don't really care about the issues much, since I don't strongly lean toward Democrat or Republican. I look for someone who seems to have a strong personal vision that they are willing to stick to, is a good diplomat, and can respond intelligently to unexpected situations.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

He seems almost too good to be true.

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

The Daily Show is my litmus test. I remember seeing Kerry on there during election time and seeing him be so fake and in BS vote for me mode. He was too phony for me- which is funny because later after the elections were all finished with and long behind when he went on the Daily Show he was very laid back and was more like a real person and himself and I liked him very much.

I was very impressed when I saw Obama on the Daily Show because he was sharp but still a person and didn't seem phony to me- which he could be as phony as Pamela Anderson's boobs for all I know- and functioned like a likable real human being who was intelligent and charismatic- something very hard to accomplish at the same time. He has a presidential feel to him just looking at him- he commands respect and dignity but also feels accessible and in touch.

He has me fooled,lol. I'm for him,lol.

I feel a lot like The_Liquid_Laser as well in that I am looking for competantcy more then the issues really.
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

I really like Obama, and i think a lot of people want to like him, but retarded people like my parents won't vote for him because they say, "HES ONE OF THEM THERE MUSLIMS" Not that my parents would ever vote for a democratic canidate, but Obama is ace. He has good visions for America.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.