User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 22

  1. #1
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,545

    Default The Universal Declaration of Human Rights

    The Organisation of the Islamic Conference, an association of 56 Islamic states, has formally rejected The Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

    Why do you think they did this?

  2. #2
    DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    Hype
    Posts
    2,078

    Default

    Because human beings do not "have" rights.... it's an absurdity of verbage.

    There are no such things as rights, there are only negations to what governmental bodies can and are able to do. Since the Will of God is WRITTEN in the Qur'an, government is not fit to adopt such negations to God's power. Anything beyond this is romanticism gone awry.

  3. #3
    WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.
    Posts
    1,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    it's an absurdity of verbage.
    I'm sure that's what they said at the conference.

  4. #4
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The Organisation of the Islamic Conference, an association of 56 Islamic states, has formally rejected The Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

    Why do you think they did this?
    Because they have a holiday where they go out and kill/cut themselves and children up, and call it a good time? Yes... I believe it's called Ashura. Of course human rights are at the top of their priority list...

  5. #5
    Per Ardua Metamorphosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    3,466

    Default

    Because the United Nations defends "laws" arbitrarily and it would make no difference if they accepted or rejected it but rejecting it looks better to their people?
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

    Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

  6. #6
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    Because human beings do not "have" rights.... it's an absurdity of verbage.
    I do agree with you. Human being do not have rights.

    I would even dare to say there are no inalienable rights, rather rights can be conferred, just as responsibilities can be conferred.

    And I must say that the conferring of rights and responsibilities is at the top of my political agenda.

    And I do ally myself with those who say rights are inalienable because we are both aiming for the same result.

    It's just that I am more of a pessimist and the inalienists are more optimistic.

  7. #7
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    There are no such things as rights, there are only negations to what governmental bodies can and are able to do. Since the Will of God is WRITTEN in the Qur'an, government is not fit to adopt such negations to God's power. Anything beyond this is romanticism gone awry.
    This is sadly also true. Islam has no doctrine of the separation of Mosque and State.

    And Islam wishes to reduce the rest of us to the status of dimmitude. And the Universal Declaration of Human Rights stands firmly in the path of dimmitude.

    And if we refuse to convert to Islam or accept dimmitude, war will be waged against us.

    And interestingly dimmis are not allowed to criticize Islam under fear of death. And so Islam declares today that any criticism of Islam, even cartoons, are blasphemy and deserve death.

    Islam began as a violent and aggressive religion and remains violent and aggressive today. But to say so is blasphemy and deserving of death.

    And today even in the Capital of the Free World, Washington, those who have criticised Islam, such as Ayaam Hirsi Ali, live in fear of death and must be protected day and night.

    And so the Declaration of Human Rights is a thorn in the side of the Jihadis and must be removed.

    And it has been removed from 56 Islamic states.

  8. #8
    DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    Hype
    Posts
    2,078

    Default

    For clarity purposes I don't want to seem like an "islamic extremist sympathiser" .... I say what I do because much of the Western world does not understand the conflicts between western free market capitalism and the Islamic notion of a democratic religious state. (note here that the Arabs had Aristotle before we did .... so their notion of democracy doesn't conflict with ours as much as we think. It's just that our form conflicts with what is explicitly stated in the Qur'an)

    I love much of what you say Vic my friend, but I don't think you, and much of the West, understand the significance of Persia. This is NOT a culture you will be able to strongarm with Adam Smithian capitalism.... from which all enforcement of HUMAN RIGHTS have followed.

  9. #9
    DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    Hype
    Posts
    2,078

    Default

    And for the record, you only have a RIGHT in accordance with your placement within a STATE.... A human being without a state or citizenship is a beast or a God, and rights apply to neither. Terrorists have no rights, because they have no STATE. This statement should trouble liberals dearly, hehe

  10. #10
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    And for the record, you only have a RIGHT in accordance with your placement within a STATE.... A human being without a state or citizenship is a beast or a God, and rights apply to neither. Terrorists have no rights, because they have no STATE. This statement should trouble liberals dearly, hehe
    Yes, you are quite right - a human being without a state is a beast or a god.

    And those who spray the slogan, "No State, No God", on our walls, should be troubled.

Similar Threads

  1. European Court of Human Rights rules on number of discrimination cases
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-15-2013, 11:07 AM
  2. Should access to the internet be a human right?
    By EcK in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-28-2012, 02:03 PM
  3. What Type Is The Author Of The US Declaration of Independence?
    By highlander in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-27-2010, 12:08 PM
  4. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights
    By Kalach in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-17-2009, 10:06 PM
  5. The Universal Declaration of x Rights
    By Anentropic IxTx in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-25-2009, 04:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO