User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

Default Current update on Global Warming!

It's snowing in Houston, TX right now.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Ah, my former favorite topic that always gave me excuse after excuse to generalize a certain group of people as lacking intelligence, any understanding of REAL SCIENCE, or any ability to discern real science from blatant propaganda.

Rare 50 year Arctic Blast Sets Sights On Southern California. : Conejo Valley : Ventura County Star

SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA - December 8, 2008 (OWSweather.com) Rare 50 year Arctic Blast Sets Sights On Southern California.

With a week away, and a sure sign of things to come, OWSweather.com is making preparations on the server to handle the traffic from this next event. UJEAS is in line with the majority if not all the other models in keeping a near historical arctic air mass into the Southern California region.

With a warm November, Southern California is finally ready for cold storms to make their way in. Resort level snow will be likely next week, and in pretty hefty amounts if things stay on track. OWSweather.com Meteorologist Kevin Martin predicts a 50 year event. While Martin is usually conservative on these events, the pattern highly favors it. "We are in a pre-1950 type pattern, "said Martin. "We know we are due for a winter storm sometime this year. The type we may be dealing with will be ranked up there with the known years before 1950, which set record low daytime temperatures into the forecast region. With this, may come low elevation snow."

Forecaster Cameron Venable is seeing very cold temperatures in the Los Angeles areas as well. Torrance is not usually known for winter weather, thus making this an interesting event for Venable to track.

"Temperatures in Siberia, Russia will be -81 degrees this week, "said Martin. "With those type of temperatures the arctic air mass has to spill somewhere. Our answer of the exact track will become more clear this week. All residents in the mountain communities should prepare this week for very cold, winter weather, with snow."

Indications are a second, colder storm could hit near the 18th-22nd time-frame. The details on that will have to be sorted out.

OWSweather.com staff

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I KNOW!! I saw it!! I ran around jumping in barefeet and it was cooold and I turned on all my christmas lights and text everyone I could think of!!
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I KNOW!! I saw it!! I ran around jumping in barefeet and it was cooold and I turned on all my christmas lights and text everyone I could think of!!
    LMAO. Hay, Santa granted your Christmas wish early ! How much snow is Houston supposed to get?

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Global Warming proponents will tell you local cooling doesn't disprove Global Warming. And then they provide local warming details.

Anyways, I'm wondering how long this global warming scare is actually going to last. Eugenics didn't last this long but obviously the media machine behind Global Warming is significantly more forceful. Plus now it's a business.

Oh well. My questions to the warming people are "Why would you ever think a complex system like Global Climate would EVER stay the same and never deviate" and "How do you get around the fact that Global Warming represents a net benefit to life on the planet."

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    LMAO. Hay, Santa granted your Christmas wish early ! How much snow is Houston supposed to get?
    well in some areas it was dry enough to pile up a bit on parked cars. At my house it melted when it touched the ground. I don't care, It was SNOW. I just can't wait until I find someone that wants to take a trip north to try skiing or something.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ISTx

I saw some snow when I went up to Pittsburgh the other week. Stokeeeedd. Snow ftw.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I thought it was hilarious how skeptical we were. I'm cleaning with my mom, and my sister answers the door and her friend says "Come out it's snowing!" I hear her say "No it's not, thats sleet--..NO it IS snow!! Kyuuei come out!" and I go "Liar, it's not snow-SNOWWW!!" The chain went on to my mother. ^_^

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Ugh...its snowing.
    SDMF

MBTI
    INXP

I'm hundreds of miles north, and it's just a bit cool and drizzly.