User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Just started snowing two hours ago in New Orleans. I love our down-South snow. There are only a few things that make me smile like a little girl, but snow is one of them.

Not political, but luckily for the next poster, their post will be at the top of the page.
    Not my page. I've got 80 posts to go before a new page starts.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

I'm waiting for our first major sticking snowstorm (winter's supposed to be "bad" this year according to my roommate with his meteorology minor) so I can take lots of cool pics with my DSLR cam and drive around in my AWD subaru
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

The burden of being a mod. You have my sympathy (for whatever that's worth).

Edit: :ouch: Okay.
    Last edited by Cimarron; 12-11-2008 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Ivy's response
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    The burden of being a mod. You have my sympathy (for whatever that's worth).
    Nah, it's not because I'm a mod, it's because I have it set to view 100 posts per page in my userCP, which anyone can do. I like it that way.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Yea. It's pwn.
    Fucking hate flipping through

I'd rather read a one page book the size of my dinner table (which isn't a small one) than keep turning and turning and paper cuts.

I mean it's not the same here, but regardless it's still irritating.

Also, Global Warming still isn't real.
    PC fucks, please shut up.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    Their argument has been that we have "global warming", which means a rise in average global temperatures due to our CO2 emissions, invariably causing worldwide chaos if we don't become good and pure human beings and abandon our way of life *so we can go back to the stone age.* (** = slight exaggeration)
    Right, so he didn't change the definition... Global warming = more energy = increased entropy.

Increased deviations from normal temperature is evidence of this, which is what makes these threads amusing. The average increase in temperature is only a part of the overall picture, although an important one. What is being watched for is average increases in temperature (ie: energy in the system) and larger deviations of local weather.

Despite the list you provide, meta-reviews of papers being pushed around for the last fifteen years or so show nearly no gulf in the scientific community. What is heavily in dispute is the ramifications and predictive models that are being used.

(I'm quite against policy action right now, fwiw. Even the worst case predictive models span huge amounts of time. In this, I agree with the economists, who unfortunately really are censored for advocating moderation.)

---

Suppose to get snow here this weekend, which would be nice. The mountains don't even have it yet, and it's the middle of december! I want to go skiing, dammit.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

God I'm hating this global warming right now. Cold and windy as f***, and its pouring cats and dogs. I cant remember the last time we had a COLD rain. Hooray for arctic blasts...

It's 65 degrees here and sunny.

I've been wandering around shoeless and coatless in the apartment with our one large window open.

It's bizarre.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    infp

Snow day here! I really don't think it's that bad right now, I'm kind of suprised they even closed schools, actually.

As for global warming, do we really need a crisis to make more efficient energy and better technology that doesn't destroy earth? Whether the science supports the concept of climate change or not, good things can come out of what the idea forces people to do, which is look at energy differently. It wouldn't be the end of the world if major cities didn't haze a haze of pollution above them. It wouldn't be the end of the world if rivers and lakes on industrial towns didn't become acidic and polluted.

MBTI
    ENFj

Damn is going to be snowing out the ass her in New England soon. Sigh, there goes the nice weather.
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.