User Tag List

123 Last

Sniffles

Default Liberals voice concerns about Obama

You just knew this was going to happen sooner or later.

Liberals voice concerns about Obama
    Carol E. Lee, Nia-malika Henderson – Mon Dec 8, 4:22 am ET

Liberals are growing increasingly nervous – and some just flat-out angry – that President-elect Barack Obama seems to be stiffing them on Cabinet jobs and policy choices.

Obama has reversed pledges to immediately repeal tax cuts for the wealthy and take on Big Oil. He’s hedged his call for a quick drawdown in Iraq. And he’s stocking his White House with anything but stalwarts of the left.

Now some are shedding a reluctance to puncture the liberal euphoria at being rid of President George W. Bush to say, in effect, that the new boss looks like the old boss....

...Obama insists he hasn’t abandoned the goals that made him feel to some like a liberal savior. But the left’s bill of particulars against Obama is long, and growing....

...David Corn, Washington bureau chief of the liberal magazine Mother Jones, wrote in Sunday’s Washington Post that he is “not yet reaching for a pitchfork.”

But the headline of his op-ed sums up his point about Obama’s Cabinet appointments so far: “This Wasn’t Quite the Change We Envisioned.”
    Liberals voice concerns about Obama - Yahoo! News

Banned
    MBTI
    type

my whirled is crumbaling!

MBTI
    INxJ

If people couldn't tell Obama was going to be a conservative president, that is their problem. Look at his personality. Nothing about the man is less than calculation and reserve.

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

I loved the latest south park episode about this nonsense.....

WTF OMG LIFE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE PERFECT ONCE OBAMA WAS ELECTEREDEDED!~!#

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

News flash: Not all liberals have the same opinions.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    You just knew this was going to happen sooner or later.
    Yup.

A guy just can't win.

So does this mean the conservatives are right about his horrendous liberalism destroying America? Or does it mean the liberals are right to tar and feather him as a non-liberal?

Gasp... might he be somewhat of a ... moderate?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I think for those who wanted a small amount of change, and weren't dazzled by his public talks and image, they could very well be content with the president elect.

I believe that some more extreme liberals were, indeed, dazzled by his campaign and forgot that Obama is no more a euphoria of change and perfection than a rock is a life raft. He is a liberal politician.. The people who invested so much radical change into him realize they aren't getting exactly what they want, and are getting pissed.

Politicians are named that for a reason. The liberal/conservative demographic is not above that word. They are politicians first and foremost. That means they have to say things that might not happen the exact way mentioned. They have to trick the extremists that they'er extreme enough, just as they have to show the conservative/moderate types that they're not too extreme at all.. and balance that with the skeptic independents. It's a hard game to play, no one is going to come out entirely satisfied.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INXP

yeah, sounds like the liberal nuts aren't too happy. no one really knows what this guy is gonna do!! I have to say that I'm impressed with him in that he's changed his mind on the tax hikes on the rich and said he's gonna pull out of Iraq immediately...The guy would have to be totally dense and stupid to raise taxes on anybody when the economy we're in seems to be in freefall. Which he's definitely not a grad. of Columbia and Harvard.
    AKA: Choss

It's not theoretically possible

Interesting novel thoughts proliferate

Incessently needing to ponder

I never think practically

It's never too precise

Insane nerds throwing parties

I'm not the problem

I'm not that popular

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    If people couldn't tell Obama was going to be a conservative president, that is their problem. Look at his personality. Nothing about the man is less than calculation and reserve.
    I'd hardly call Obama conservative, he just hasn't been radical (so far)-foregoing tax increases and protectionist trade measures during economic recessions, while at the same time injecting vast amounts of government money into the economy is actually very Keynesian. The far-left probably did what I did, taking his past associations and comments as indicators of his actual beliefs and agenda. I'm pleasantly surprised by most of his nominees, (with the notable exception of his attorney general), so its not surprising that his base is upset.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    I'd hardly call Obama conservative, he just hasn't been radical (so far)-foregoing tax increases and protectionist trade measures during economic recessions, while at the same time injecting vast amounts of government money into the economy is actually very Keynesian. The far-left probably did what I did, taking his past associations and comments as indicators of his actual beliefs and agenda. I'm pleasantly surprised by most of his nominees, (with the notable exception of his attorney general), so its not surprising that his base is upset.
    I didn't mean conservative in the political definition. I meant conservative as an individual. His personality.